Double stroller

thomas998

Hi looking for advice,

My husband and I are going in February with my will be 1, 4 and 6 year old girls. I was planning to take our thule coaster xt (trailer/stroller)..the dimensions without handlebars is 35x30x26in and folded 37×30x11...would this be a problem?

https://www.thule.com/en-ca/ca/bike-trailers/multisport-trailers/thule-coaster-xt-_-10101803

Thanks,
While it won't be banned from the parks, it will not be the easiest thing to travel with on the airplane. While it will not get you any extra charge by the airline it will likely not be covered for any damage to it... considering the price of the stroller you might want to consider whether you are willing to risk it being damaged by the airline. After having an incident with out stroller getting damaged by an airline in the past we stopped taking out own stroller and started just buying a cheap one when we landed that we donated when we left. If you don't take your own, I would highly recommend you buy a cheap one when you land rather than ever rent one from Disney... even when we would buy a cheap double stroller it was less than renting and we didn't have to worry about it getting destroyed by the airlines.

Ask yourself if you think your stroller could survive having someone throwing 50 pound suitcases on top of it because that's what its likely to have happen to it and is probably the reason out stroller had the frame bent when we tried to fly with it.

Driver

Besides renting one here at the parks, there are several rental houses that will deliver right to your resort. That being said I will caution you again on size. If you're expect to use busses it must fold up! Many rent strollers the size of small SUV's and then give the bus driver the what for because we won't let them bring it on board unfolded. It's not always the size we are concerned about (as drivers). We have to follow DOT regulations, and every single bus has at least one sticker in the window with chapter and verse. I just had a woman go up one side of me and down the other this past Sunday night. She had an umbrella stroller and the que was packed! When I told here it needed to be folded she became unglued! Because "it doesn't take up that much room ". I politely told her that's not the issue, if I hit the brakes and your child gets injured as a result of being in the stroller I can have legal charges brought against me! I know they are great as a pick up truck in the park, but if you're going to travel by bus......

Rutha

Original Poster
Thanks for all the input...suprisingly this stroller/trailer folds up very small. I can dissassemble in about a minute. I would not even consider bringing it on the bus unfolded.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom