double fastpass

joekardos

Original Poster
On my last trip to WDW in July of 2006, I remember receiving 2 fastpasses for some attractions, one for the intended attraction to see and one for another attraction within the park. in my experience, soarin had an additional fastpass for honey i shrunk the audience. my family however never found use for the additional fastpass whenever we came across it.

im curious if anyone has found sufficient use for this and if/for which attractions supply a double fastpass. i think it could be of use for my next trip, as i am going back at the end of march with my school's music department and i wish to maximize the amount of time myself and my friends have in the parks.

if anyone has any info on which attractions supply an additional fastpass (and possibly for which additional attractions fastpass supplies) i would appreciate it greatly.

Miss Bell

I remember them doing this last summer. Seems like I asked a cast member who said that it was something they were trying, in particular for rides like Soarin' whose fast passes are often several hours after you get them.

Most of the ones I got, ot seems were in time frames that were easy to use. But, if you got one that was not that way, cast members are supposed to honor any fastpass for that day once it is past the start time. So, even if you missed your window, you should still be able to ride.

WDWFigment

It's all based on ride wait times at the attractions on given days/times of year. I don't believe there is an exact science to it, but any information you get about what attractions give double is going to be extremely YMMV.

MiceysBestPal

Its only a couple of attractions and it is not an everyday occurrance.

Its just an "occational" thing (certain days, certain times of year) if, say, Test Track's FP also spits out a "bonus" FP for Mission: SPACE.

Its not widespread or consistent enough to actually PLAN for.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I think they did that only for a brief test period. We didn't get any doubles last trip.

I believe the intent was to funnel people to less popular rides by giving out extra FPs to people in hopes they'd use them. HISTA was not attracting crowds so you'd get an FP for that. People going to attractions tends to draw others to the same attractions... I don't think it worked all that well. :shrug:

napnet

They seem to do it when they want to 'drive' traffic to an attraction... i have only seen it a few times, not lately though

brkgnews

A few years back (during the spring break crush), my early morning Test Track fastpass had a "surprise fastpass" for Honey I Shrunk the Audience that expired in about half an hour. Given that this was pre-Soarin and pre-Nemo, it was obvious that this was simply a manner of trying to keep the park from "leaning left" (everybody crushing in on Test Track and the at-the-time brand new Mission Space attraction). In other words trying to spread out the morning crowds over both halves of Future World.

drdoom1001

I got one of these SURPRISE FASTPASSES like a year ago when Primeval Whirl had a 20 minute wait so I got one for Primeval and it gave me a surprise FP for Dinosaur,which was useless since Dinosaur was basically a walk-on.It seems most of these Surprise FP's are not given for popular rides like Soarin or Everest when they have 100 minute waits but rather for rides with little to no wait on slow days!!!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I got one of these SURPRISE FASTPASSES like a year ago when Primeval Whirl had a 20 minute wait so I got one for Primeval and it gave me a surprise FP for Dinosaur,which was useless since Dinosaur was basically a walk-on.It seems most of these Surprise FP's are not given for popular rides like Soarin or Everest when they have 100 minute waits but rather for rides with little to no wait on slow days!!!
But if it gets you walking over to Dinosaur when you might not have otherwise, then it's served its purpose.

the-reason14

I remember last year in the summer getting a double fastpass from soarin for HISTA and then a couple a days later for Living with the Land.

I remember few years back getting a suprise fp for bodywars from test track, and one for M:S from test track.

Jorden

Yeah they're basically to lighten the load a little on the main attractions and to spread people to the less popular ones.

This also gives you something to do while waiting for your fastpass time to come up.

Kadee

Last July, we got several. I don't remember all of the ones we got, but I do remember getting one for Living with the Land from the Soarin' FP machine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom