Double charged my resort payment

Need advice from my friends here on the boards. Not sure if this is the appropriate forum, so mods, please move as you see fit. So, this morning I make my last payment before my July trip. The balance was $975, so I was happy to get it behind me and have everything locked in (except for parking, which is another matter for another time) and meal tips (DDP), plus extra snacks, souvenirs, etc. Kind of exciting, since I have been making payments on this trip for six months now. Mind you, I've been many times to WDW, always booked everything myself on line, made payments, so I'm not a noob at making purchases on line. I enter my cc info and hit "apply". As it is processing, I do not touch as it says not to refresh, go back, etc. So, I let it do its thing. I immediately get a text alert on my phone from my bank informing me of a debit card purchase of $975 with the balance, and simultaneously get another one that says the same thing, only this time my balance is lower than the preceding balance total. The Mouse comes up and says a payment has been successfully applied to your account and you will receive an email shortly confirming,etc. A few minutes later the email comes through and shows my balance has been paid in full and that indeed I made two payments today of $975 and I have a credit of -$975, so at least I know where my money went.
I call WDW and explain to the CM what the situation is and she says, yes she could see that two payments were withdrawn and applied to my account, and that WDW would be issuing a credit back to my card that will take 7-10 business days and I might not see it on my statement for one or two billing cycles. Further she states that she had never seen this happen. I asked if there was any way to get my "refund" quicker but not to be. I then called my bank and they said they could issue a dispute IF the money did not get credited back in the 7-10 business days. I don't know about you, but a thousand bucks tied up for over a week isn't making life easy for me.
So, I'm asking if anyone has had this happen and did you get your money back for one? And was it in a timely manner? And, should I just let it go because I love Disney? I'm not asking for any extra magic, but it is a large inconvenience. Thoughts appreciated.

Dave B

I work for a bank and can tell you that you will get the refund in about 10 days, the thing I would tell you for sure, is that you are losing out an A LOT of rewards points and exposing your own money buy using the debit card, you should really be using a Credit Card for these types of transactions, you will get points, basically paid to use the card and then in a situation like this your own money is not locked up in the fraud claim, the banks money is by using the CC. You can make a payment to your CC the next day and you will have been rewarded for your purchase, just my two cents

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

I had it happen once when making a payment, but it was on my Disney Visa , it was also when making the final payment, it was literally reversed within minutes of my call to Disney, but that was a credit card.

Upvote 0

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
With any luck, and a little negotiating skill, you can parlez the angst, discomfort and inconvenience associated with this into a round of any-time, any-place fastpasses... double-charging people should DEFINITELY not happen! In your case it's worse because the money came right out of your checking account!

Upvote 0
A similar thing happened to our friends last year - they were charged twice for tickets. Disney were pretty good about it and refunded the money reasonably quickly. They also added a $200 gift card to our friends’ reservation!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom