Dolphins in Depth

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
Original Poster
Wife and I are empty nesters these days and most trips are just the two of us. As we get older we hit the parks differently than we used to. I’m no longer the park commando I used to be and after having my knee replaced those 10+ day trips catch up with me. All that being said, considering doing the Epcot Seas Adventure- Dolphins in Depth. Wondered if anyone has done this and would share some takeaways from their experience. Thanks in advance.

thomas998

Did the Dive quest, which is probably close to what you would be looking at with the dolphin deal. Dive quest is vastly overpriced for the time you get. I suspect that also applies to the dolphin deal. If I were looking for a dolphin experience I would look at Discovery Cove... it's probably cheaper, and instead of being a couple of hours you would get the rest of the day at Discovery Cove along with food and beverages... It would probably be a much more relaxing day away from the parks if you are not bound and determined to make it a DIsney only trip.

GigglesMcSnort

Did the Dive quest, which is probably close to what you would be looking at with the dolphin deal. Dive quest is vastly overpriced for the time you get. I suspect that also applies to the dolphin deal. If I were looking for a dolphin experience I would look at Discovery Cove... it's probably cheaper, and instead of being a couple of hours you would get the rest of the day at Discovery Cove along with food and beverages... It would probably be a much more relaxing day away from the parks if you are not bound and determined to make it a DIsney only trip.
One consideration might be that the "Dolphins in depth" tour doesn't need you to be scuba rated or a strong swimmer to get the most from the experience (compared to Dive Quest and Discovery Cove, respectively).

It also seems to be one of the hardest tours to find availability for, from my personal experience of trying to sign us up to it.

Last edited:

thomas998

One consideration might be that the "Dolphins in depth" tour doesn't need you to be scuba rated or a strong swimmer to get the most from the experience (compared to Dive Quest and Discovery Cove, respectively).

It also seems to be one of the hardest tours to find availability for, from my personal experience of trying to sign us up to it.
Dive Quest requires a dive car, but Discovery Cove doesn't require anything. Their only restriction is age based and the OP is apparently empty nesters so they don't need to worry about that.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
Original Poster
We are in our 50’s. At this point, if age played a role in our ability to do an activity it would be because we are too old, not too young 😝

James J

In the Parks
No
You're only standing shin-deep in water at Discovery Cove for the dolphin encounter.
Not from my experience. When we went it started out with everyone waist deep to feed and touch the two dolphins. Then for those who were stronger swimmers, you could swim out deeper to then be pulled back to the shallow area by one of the dolphins.

Club Cooloholic

Not from my experience. When we went it started out with everyone waist deep to feed and touch the two dolphins. Then for those who were stronger swimmers, you could swim out deeper to then be pulled back to the shallow area by one of the dolphins.
I like Discovery Cove and would like to do it again, but I really disliked the Dolphin encounter and will skip that next time. It just felt wrong to me to see these animals have to haul tourist after tourist around a small lagoon and when it was my turn I didn't really love it. I have done horseback trail rides and all that but with these creatures it felt off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom