Does the date on the Magical Express tag matter?

BeautyBelle

We are flying in a few days early and there is not enough time for Disney to mail us updated luggage tags. Since we are staying at the same resort, can I just scratch out the original date on the tags and write in the actual date? I assume the most important thing is that my reservation shows when they scan the barcode, right? Thanks!

MissingDisney

We were told no, but maybe it’s changed. The bar code has the information from your previous information, thus the date on the tags. New date, new bar code.

I’d call MDE and ask.

Upvote 0

Belle89

we had issues earlier this year where we weren't receiving the tags in the mail. i called and they said you can give the luggage tag receipt and they use that barcode to grab it later. we ended up getting all our tags a day or two before we left so i can't confirm the tag receipt works.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
we had issues earlier this year where we weren't receiving the tags in the mail. i called and they said you can give the luggage tag receipt and they use that barcode to grab it later. we ended up getting all our tags a day or two before we left so i can't confirm the tag receipt works.

Thousands of international guests can confirm it works. :)

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

I would think it would work a couple of years ago we changed resorts from WL to the Contemporary and did not have time for new tags they told us we could mark out wilderness lodge and put Contemporary if we wanted but the bar code would get our luggage there and it did.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

I've had them FedEx new labels when we were close to travel date, but yeah. Worst case just give them your luggage claim tags & description when you check in and it shouldn't be a problem.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom