Does Disney Hire Snowbirds?

LauraB15

Original Poster
Hi! We have talked about wintering in Florida from October to April and would like to consider working at WDW. Everything I have seen on the careers page is either part time or full time. We have talked with several cast members over the years who do this and as long as they work a certain amount of hours each quarter they are considered back year after year. How do you apply for a seasonal job like this? The ones we've talked to work in the gift shops, and in the campground. Do I just apply for a job and then further in the interview tell them I'm only looking for certain months of the year?

Please advise!
Thank you!

celluloid

Yes, there are still many seasonal positions but they have been weeded out quite a bit in even the last year, mostly by the process of making the stipulations a little harder to follow. If you are just making some fun side money with other income you should not have any issues meeting the criteria. IT just made it harder for students who are not there for the CP and people with other jobs/home life. They will just work you typically many hours, over a 30 or more a week at times for something that you may rather do part time. Results may vary.

The raises in starting wage also hurt these positions as they literally save millions by hiring College Program interns to fill the spots instead.

As far as the how, you would look and see if the posting says "Seasonal" status when applying, with the way Disney Casting is these days, there really is no other way that I am aware of.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom