Does Club Level at Grand Floridian ever have discounts?

captainkidd

Just curious - I'd really like to stay at the Royal Palm in July, but the price is absurd at rack rate. Anyone know if there are ever discounts, general or AP Holder for it?

GoochDSA

Can't you use any room discount you might get? I know when we stayed CL at AKL this past October (first time CL for us) I was able to use a 40% pin I had gotten on the room. I don't remember seeing that the pin was not valid on any specific room type.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
Can't you use any room discount you might get? I know when we stayed CL at AKL this past October (first time CL for us) I was able to use a 40% pin I had gotten on the room. I don't remember seeing that the pin was not valid on any specific room type.

I'm not sure how pin codes work - Never gotten one.:lol:

I know with regular discounts and AP discounts, they're only good at certain resorts. For example, you can book GF standard rooms with AAA discount, but not Club Level.

Upvote 0

GoochDSA

I'm not sure how pin codes work - Never gotten one.:lol:

I know with regular discounts and AP discounts, they're only good at certain resorts. For example, you can book GF standard rooms with AAA discount, but not Club Level.

I would keep your eye out for the good general public room discounts (not like the current one) that are a little more flexible. Also, do some of the things that have supposedly helped people get pins (i.e. save a bunch of different prices on the Disney website, get the planning DVD, things of that nature) and keep your fingers crossed. When I got a pin, I did have a bunch of different prices for a bunch of different resorts at all different times of the year, maybe it did help. :shrug:

Good luck.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
Yes, but even at a discount the rates are what I would consider absurd.

With a 40% discount, that would make it in line with a standard room. I could deal with that.

I've always been a fan of the Polynesian, and I love the atmosphere, but after staying at the GF last year, I really got hooked on it. Not the rooms themselves, but the lobby and the whole feeling while being in there, thus wanting to stay RP.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
With a 40% discount, that would make it in line with a standard room. I could deal with that.

I've always been a fan of the Polynesian, and I love the atmosphere, but after staying at the GF last year, I really got hooked on it. Not the rooms themselves, but the lobby and the whole feeling while being in there, thus wanting to stay RP.
The discount is not always 40%.

Upvote 0

Polydweller

AK and WL are usually the ones with discounts because they are most often at lesser occupancy. The other deluxes rarely have discounts. Check most offers and they will say select deluxes and that almost always turns out to be only those two.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
AK and WL are usually the ones with discounts because they are most often at lesser occupancy. The other deluxes rarely have discounts. Check most offers and they will say select deluxes and that almost always turns out to be only those two.

Not sure where you heard that, but it's not true in the least. Yacht Club actually has the lowest resort occupancy rates of the Deluxes.

Upvote 0

SleepingMonk

Animal Kingdom and Wilderness Lodge are always the cheapest deluxe resorts for some reason.

We've stayed club level at Animal Kingdom for well under $200 per night several times.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
Animal Kingdom and Wilderness Lodge are always the cheapest deluxe resorts for some reason.

We've stayed club level at Animal Kingdom for well under $200 per night several times.

Couple of reasons:

1.Rooms are smaller.
2.Only Deluxe Resorts that don't have monorail access or are within walking distance of at least 1 park.

Upvote 0

DaGoof00

I stay Club Level at the Grand and absolutely love it. I won't do it any other way now. This year will be our fourth stay...Royal Palm is ridiculously expensive, even with the discount. If price is an issue, use the discount and book an outer lodge club level room in sugar loaf - same amenities and right next to the main building. (I have known sugar loaf guests who have been able to use their key cards to access the Royal Palm level). There is no difference other than location between the two.

And yes, discounts work on the club level rooms at the Grand.

:0)

Upvote 0

wdwfan22

I have gotten the passholder discount for Sugar Loaf the last 3 times i've stayed at the Grand. We were able to use the lounge in the main building the last time do to our lounge getting the carpet redone. Same setup as Sugar Loaf just more expensive being in the main building.

Upvote 0

DisneyMusician2

For some reason, Disney seems to price them like Deluxe light, but I think they are just as nice in many ways as their more expensive counterparts. Some people blame the more isolated location as compared to the other resorts.

I'm not sure ANY hotel is worth GF Club prices....anywhere...ever.

Upvote 0

worldfanatic

after staying at the GF last year, I really got hooked on it. Not the rooms themselves, but the lobby and the whole feeling while being in there

Never stayed there, but I can totally relate.
It does have a special feel to it.

We toured every single Deluxe and DVC resort last month to see the Xmas decorations.
For me, the Grand Floridian had the most magical feeling by far.
I never expected that.

Upvote 0

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Have gotten discount on WL CL 4-5 times over the years....this year when they had the private and public Disney Visa code there were no rooms on CL under that code....like previous year it worked. So I was bummed but weeks later in Decemeber I kept seeing that darn Disney ad at top of this forum and for entertainment clicked and entered my dates again and POOF club level appeared...I wrote down code and called and told her I had seen it online and got 40% off....WOO HOO!!! Just keep trying, you can always cancel!!!:king:

Upvote 0

jmargarone27

I'm so excited you are a GF convert!!! Welcome aboard:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom