Does anyone remember....

MayKit

Original Poster
when there were NO characters at Epcot? (I think they added them in the mid 80's) It would still be my favorite WDW park even without characters, but I think having them keeps a lot of the kids happy.

webmomom

No I don't remeber that. What I do remeber is that every country had characters dressed in costumes from that country. Somewhere in my stash of pictures I have pictures of us with the different characters in each and every land. :wave:

DME

Yea, originally Disney characters weren't intended to be part of EPCOT Center but of course guests wanted to see them so there were added after time. Not sure the exact time frame. I do remember the Character Carnivale bus that used to drive around World Showcase that had all the characters in Mardi Gras type costumes.

DznyRktekt

DME said:
Yea, originally Disney characters weren't intended to be part of EPCOT Center but of course guests wanted to see them so there were added after time. Not sure the exact time frame. I do remember the Character Carnivale bus that used to drive around World Showcase that had all the characters in Mardi Gras type costumes.

Speaking of buses, what ever happened to the bus transportation around the World Showcase? Remember the old style ones that had the open upper deck and the bell to clear guests? I miss those.

DME said:

Do you remember IF the monorail used to stop at the hotels both ways?

Aurora23

Aprilnjosh said:
Do you remember IF the monorail used to stop at the hotels both ways?
No, because there is no way to pass over the other track on the platform at the resorts. That's why one is just an "express" to the MK from the TTC. MK has unloading on both sides.

I can't wait to ride the monorail again in 54 days! YAY!

DME

DznyRktekt said:
Speaking of buses, what ever happened to the bus transportation around the World Showcase? Remember the old style ones that had the open upper deck and the bell to clear guests? I miss those.

Yea. I remember those buses. That's what the Character Carnival rode on. It was always what they used to use to transport people that were staying at the Yacht/Beach Club, Dolphin/Swan and Boardwalk resorts who entered from the back of Epcot before the 11am openings. It would drive them from the back entrance to Future World so they wouldn't start walking around World Showcase.

I wonder what happens today. Anyone know?

danielj80

DME said:
Yea. I remember those buses. That's what the Character Carnival rode on. It was always what they used to use to transport people that were staying at the Yacht/Beach Club, Dolphin/Swan and Boardwalk resorts who entered from the back of Epcot before the 11am openings. It would drive them from the back entrance to Future World so they wouldn't start walking around World Showcase.

I wonder what happens today. Anyone know?

I think from what my memory serves me is that the buses don't go to world showcase anymore they go straight to future world, so guests that wish to enter through world showcase have 2 options especially around the epcot area resorts, you can either walk or go by boat, and for those outside the epcot area resorts either go by monorail from the ticket and transportation center or get the bus like i said earlier that goes straight to future world at epcot. they made alot of changes to the bus system within disney, and felt that 2 buses going to the same themepark or shopping district, wouldn't make sense cost wise etc, and they had to therefore cut out buses that go directly to both world showcase and also downtown disney west side (the bus stop behind crique de soleil, which i believe is still there)

hope that helps!

Daniel :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom