Wolfgang Puck Express at Disney Springs permanently closed?

Radeksgrl

Original Poster
Went to get some pizza last week, October 8 I think, and restaurant looks like it may have permanently closed. Menus on outside of building are gone and can't see inside at all (black fabric hung up on all inside windows). WPE had reopened after the general Disney Springs closure and we went a few times over the summer. Going to be really bummed if they are closed for good, my family and I loved their thin crust pizzas. It's listed as "Temporarily Unavailable" on the Disney Springs website, so I guess there might be a chance they are just re-doing the interior, the setup really wasn't conducive to the new social distancing protocols. Does anyone know anything about WPE, is it gone for good or just being refurbished?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Went to get some pizza last week, October 8 I think, and restaurant looks like it may have permanently closed. Menus on outside of building are gone and can't see inside at all (black fabric hung up on all inside windows). WPE had reopened after the general Disney Springs closure and we went a few times over the summer. Going to be really bummed if they are closed for good, my family and I loved their thin crust pizzas. It's listed as "Temporarily Unavailable" on the Disney Springs website, so I guess there might be a chance they are just re-doing the interior, the setup really wasn't conducive to the new social distancing protocols. Does anyone know anything about WPE, is it gone for good or just being refurbished?
Sad to say it has gone.

Dizknee_Phreek

Heartbreaking. This place had become a bit of a family tradition back in the Downtown Disney days because of their delicious pizza. I haven't been in a long time because I've actually only been to Disney Springs twice since the redo. But WPE was on mine and my husband's list of potential eateries for our next visit. This is a big loss for Disney Springs, particularly that side of Disney Springs.

CJR

I'm happy the other location is staying open, but it's still sad as this was the location I remember going to "back in the day". Being in the Marketplace, something is sure to take over the space, still, it's one more piece of familiarity gone. I'll miss it for that reason.

RyMickey

It was a tradition of our family to go for breakfast AT LEAST twice a trip and then tour the Springs in the morning when it was considerably less crowded.

This genuinely has made me really sad. No more corn flake French Toast and fantastic breakfast pizza in a fast casual environment.

Anyone have any good “fast food” breakfast locations at the Springs?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom