Do you think it will now be harder to get sought after FP's?

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
Now that the Disney springs area offsite guest can now get FP's at 60 days out also?
I guess I'll find out for my trip in April.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Maybe a little. I think the 60 day window you get with a resort reservation will become more important, but the overall number of people trying to get FPs will not increase.

Weather_Lady

OP, we're visiting in May and I had the same thought. However, with the capacity lowered at some onsite hotels already (e.g., CBR) due to ongoing construction, and the huge number of hotel guests who already have this perk, I don't think the addition of the Disney Springs hotels will make a huge difference -- some, yes, but not huge.

Owl X

I believe attendance will increase during Extra Magic Hours as the Disney Springs hotels also gain that benefit.

DisneyJoe

I thought this too and I'm surprised to find people saying that will likely not be the case.
It depends on how many book the WDTC package at the Disney Springs resorts vs how many rooms are unavailable due to construction at CBR/CSR and other resorts due to construction. It may balance out, it may not.

21stamps

It depends on how many book the WDTC package at the Disney Springs resorts vs how many rooms are unavailable due to construction at CBR/CSR and other resorts due to construction. It may balance out, it may not.

It is a special package at an added cost? So not every person staying at one of those hotels will receive the perks?

DisneyJoe

It is a special package at an added cost? So not every person staying at one of those hotels will receive the perks?
Not sure of cost differential yet - but correct - perks are based on how you make the booking.

If you book direct with the hotel, you will get EMH in 2018. Not sure about Expedia - but likely just EMH.

If you book via a Walt Disney Travel Company (WDTC) package - by calling Disney or using a Disney site or a travel agent, you will get EMH and be able to book FP+ at 60 days, purchase a quick service dining card, and some other package options.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom