Do you miss Disneyland's old parking lot?

worldfanatic

I do have fond memories of taking the tram towards the front entrance, watching with anticipation as the park got closer. But despite it's limits, I have to say California Adventure is an pretty sweet improvement!!!!

nemofinder22

No.... Its a very nice set up now with the 2 parks faceing each other and no parking lot in front of the train station. Now the East Shuttle area is something that can go or at least be redone.

agent86

Do you miss Disneyland's old parking lot?

In all honesty, yes I do. Not that I'm sentimental about a parking lot specifically, but I think DCA is an incredible disappointment and does not belong on a list of Disney theme parks. At least back when we had the parking lot, there was hope that Disney's second Anaheim gate would be something worthwhile.

agent86

I don't miss it at all. Sure DCA has been a disappointment, but I know this makeover will bring it up to Disney standards.

I disagree. At most, I think it will bring it up to just under what Disney standards are. For a park that's been around for over eight years, that's pathetic actually. What's even more pathetic is that the admission into DCA is the same as that for DL. What a joke! That's like buying a Mercedes and a Ford Focus and paying the same price for both.

3IAlienKid

"I liked it better when it was a parking lot."
- John Hench when asked his opinion about DCA

The best thing about the old parking lot was being able to see from your own car the Main Street Train Station far off in the distance. And as Dad parked and we all got out, there was this excited sense of anticipation that grew and grew as you walked closer and closer to that entrance. You don't get that with the new tram ride that takes you from behind DL, past a bunch of backstage areas they half-heartedly try to hide, and drops you off in the middle of a mall (a good mall, but not exactly your destination).

I enjoy DCA for what it is, visit it as much as I visit DL, and it will be an even better park after the phase I improvements. But still it will have a LONG way to go. Yes, I miss the old parking lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom