Do you know when I'll be able to book an April 2011 vacation?

Katie923

My fiance and I are going for our honeymoon (we met in Disney World!!), and I'm just so anxious to start planning, but right now you can only book until December 31, 2010. Does anyone know how early you are typically able to book a vacation around this time? At first I assumed since December is 7 months away, that's how long ahead of time you can book, but that block hasn't changed since early April.
Thanks!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
My fiance and I are going for our honeymoon (we met in Disney World!!), and I'm just so anxious to start planning, but right now you can only book until December 31, 2010. Does anyone know how early you are typically able to book a vacation around this time? At first I assumed since December is 7 months away, that's how long ahead of time you can book, but that block hasn't changed since early April.
Thanks!
You can book room-only up to 499 days in advance either by phone or through a travel agent, packages can't be booked until they are announced [usually in August] for the following year.

If you want a specific room type at a specific resort [for example MK-View at Contemporary], you're better to book room-only now and then convert your reservation once the packages and room prices for 2011 are announced. That is, if you want a package. Room-only reservations can have resort discounts applied that will often save you more than getting a package ever could.

Upvote 0

Katie923

Original Poster
I just tried to book room-only online but it said the same thing, reservations only being taken through December 31, 2010 :( Thanks though!

Upvote 0

Rob562

I just tried to book room-only online but it said the same thing, reservations only being taken through December 31, 2010 :( Thanks though!

I think you missed the line in Monty's post that said that the 499-day window must be booked by phone or through a Travel Agent...

Online bookings for both packages and room-only don't release until the rates come out in August.

-Rob

Upvote 0
We booked for June 2011 back in February. We called and booked a room only reservation. You need to put down a deposit equal to one night's stay. Also they will quote you a rate that is equivalent to the top rate for your room category for this year and then when room rates come out in August of this year they will modify your reservation to take the new rates for your time period and room category into account.

For example, we're going in June and staying in a moderate resort in a standard room. We've been quoted a rate that is equal to a moderate resort standard room in peak season. When the rates for 2011 come out in August, our reservation will be modified to reflect the correct rate for a moderate resort standard room in summer season.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom