Do you have to actually be inside the park to get the 1pm virtual queue?

PostScott

Original Poster
So in the past, I've either accidentally slept through the 7am VQ drop or been too slow and missed it. Of course there's always the 1pm drop, but I was wondering if I could just scan into the park before 1pm and go to my hotel and book it from there? Does Disney actually use the location services function on the app to confirm that your location is in the park?

DCBaker

Premium Member
So in the past, I've either accidentally slept through the 7am VQ drop or been too slow and missed it. Of course there's always the 1pm drop, but I was wondering if I could just scan into the park before 1pm and go to my hotel and book it from there? Does Disney actually use the location services function on the app to confirm that your location is in the park?

As long as you have scanned into the park with the Virtual Queue before 1pm, you don't have to be inside the park to try and obtain a boarding group.

RoadiJeff

Keep in mind that if you are getting a VQ for a group of people they also must have scanned into the park at some time prior to 1pm, not just you.

Also, the 1pm window opening duration varies quite a lot lately. Within the past week the window has closed in less than 3 seconds. Then on the next day it has stayed open for over an hour. Treat it the same way as you would if you were trying for the FAST 7am VQ.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom