Do We or Dont We?

angel659

Hi

My husband and I have a holiday booked for April 2004, which we will be taking our 4 year old daughter on. I have since become pregnant with twins after booking the holiday.

My husband and I are not sure on what to do, do we change the booking of the holiday to November or December when the twins are year old or just cancel the holiday all together. We are considering going to Euro Disney, but after reading up and checking the prices they are perthetic. I am not taking the twins under a year old due to steralisation of bottles and feeding equipment, but also feel that maybe a 8 hour flight to Florida will be too much on them. My husband is so excited. If we do go then we will be booking them their own seats and have them on our lap for take off and landing.

Any constructive critiscism or any advice will be welcome. If anyone has been in the same or similar situation.

Michelle

SteveUK

I live in the UK and I agree that Paris is not even an option. However, I have to say that I think that Florida is too much. I know how much you and your husband may be excited, but wouldn't it be better to wait a couple of years and make the trip really special? It would be really hard work for you both, and I just think that this would spoil the magic. Presumably, as you are a family, money is an issue, and it is a big expense going to WDW? I would be tempted to put up with the disappointment and wait a couple of years and make sure that its really a good trip.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

I'm with SteveUK.

I would wait until the twins are a bit older--one 1-year old is quite enough to deal with; I cannot imagine trying it with 2.

Is there a granny who would be thrilled to take the twins for a fortnight??

Upvote 0

wiskband

I have four children ages 9,7,4 and 1. I have been to WDW 9 times in the past 8 years. which means I have been there during 2 pregancies. I was 8 months prego once and the last time I was 4 months. Which also means that I have have been there a few times with newborns. All times I was fine. My best advise would be to talk to your OB/GYN. I happen to have mid wives care for me and they tend to be a little more easy going. So even the time I was 8 months prego they said it was fine. But.. it is also a 2 hour plane ride and not 8 hours like your will be. You should follow rule of thumb which is go on about your doings. If you are used to walking alot then it may not be so bad walking the parks. Although it is such a busy place there is alot to do there that can be relaxing. Or...... you can send your hubbby off with your little one and do things on your own, such as go to a spa, etc. As far as newborns I can not speak for twins. I praise you mom of twins and dont know how you do it! As for myself I found Disney to be fun even with a newborn. I happen to breastfeed so I didnt run into having to bring bottles to the parks. There are baby stations and once again you can take turns with the babies. Personally I would do it prego though one newborn can be difficult depending on their temperment but two can be twice as hard. Good luck in what ever you may decide.
:animwink:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom