Do I have to use all my 3 fast passes

analise

Original Poster
Do I have to use all my 3 fast passes first before I get another one ?
I understand that you get 3 . say I have 3 fatspasses then I use 1. Can I now book another fast pass or do I have to use all 3 first before I book another one
Thanks

CalEndley

Also worth bearing in mind is that your first 3 fast passes need to be at the same park, but, after this, any additional fast passes you get can be at any park - handy if you're park hoping.

nickys

Premium Member
Do I have to use all my 3 fast passes first before I get another one ?
I understand that you get 3 . say I have 3 fatspasses then I use 1. Can I now book another fast pass or do I have to use all 3 first before I book another one
Thanks

If you’re staying in one park then yes, as others have said.

However if you’re park hopping then you can just book one (or two).

You could book FoP at AK. And as soon as you’ve tapped into the ride, you could get online and book another two FPs at another park. Those could be say Soarin and Spaceship Earth a tier 1 and 2 at Epcot). Or even Soarin and TSMM (both tier 1’s at different parks to each other).

You can’t do that ahead of time, because you can only book in advance at one park. But you still have three initial fastpasses that you can book before moving onto one-at-a-time.

The changes they made in 2016 allowed for easier park hopping this way. Of course you are reliant on availability and that’s the risk you take.

JillC LI

If you’re staying in one park then yes, as others have said.

However if you’re park hopping then you can just book one (or two).

You could book FoP at AK. And as soon as you’ve tapped into the ride, you could get online and book another two FPs at another park. Those could be say Soarin and Spaceship Earth a tier 1 and 2 at Epcot). Or even Soarin and TSMM (both tier 1’s at different parks to each other).

You can’t do that ahead of time, because you can only book in advance at one park. But you still have three initial fastpasses that you can book before moving onto one-at-a-time.

The changes they made in 2016 allowed for easier park hopping this way. Of course you are reliant on availability and that’s the risk you take.
Have you actually tried this and had it work? I have always heard you need to use 3 (or let them expire) in one park before you can book a 4th anywhere.

RememberWhen

Have you actually tried this and had it work? I have always heard you need to use 3 (or let them expire) in one park before you can book a 4th anywhere.
I’m also a bit sceptical about this. I’ve been under the impression that you need to make throw away FP if you only have one that you really want before being able to make a 4th. Have people successfully made 1 FP and then used it in one park then made 2 more in another park?

nickys

Premium Member

Yes it works. As far back as Christmas 2016.

Pure chance I stumbled across it, then found the whole thing was well documented over on the DIS. I had FEA (only) booked after a tour. DS decided we should go over to MK, and simply went onto MDE and booked us for Pirates and JC whilst we were in line for FEA.

Within one park you must use your 3 before getting another.

Going to a different park you can book the remainder of those three initial FPs.

Everyone has 3 INITIAL fastpasses. Some or all can be booked in advance (in which case those must be within the same park).

If you do not book them all in advance, on the day you can book them in different parks.

nickys

Premium Member
I’m also a bit sceptical about this. I’ve been under the impression that you need to make throw away FP if you only have one that you really want before being able to make a 4th. Have people successfully made 1 FP and then used it in one park then made 2 more in another park?

Within the same park - you must use those initial 3. If you park hop, you do not.

How many people do it? Pass. Depends how many people read the DIS, Touring Plans and/or stumble across this by pure chance.

analise

Original Poster
Also worth bearing in mind is that your first 3 fast passes need to be at the same park, but, after this, any additional fast passes you get can be at any park - handy if you're park hoping.
I have another question... can I delete a fast pass altogether or change them?
For example let’s say I have made my first 3 initial fastpasses for AK as
1 Flights of passage as my tier 1
2 Kilimanjaro safari
3 expedition Everest
But when I get there on magic hours I’m able to just ride expedition Everest without using my fastpass
then i use my fastpass as scheduled for flights of passage & Kilimanjaro safari
Can I then delete my expedition Everest fp & get one for river journey since I’ve now used my original tier 1 fastpass?
Thanks in advance

RememberWhen

2 Kilimanjaro safari
3 expedition Everest
But when I get there on magic hours I’m able to just ride expedition Everest without using my fastpass
Can I then delete my expedition Everest fp & get one for river journey since I’ve now used my original tier 1 fastpass?
Thanks in advance
I can’t answer the question about deleting your FP, but you can definitely edit them. You can change the time or the attraction, so the scenario you suggested should be doable.

nickys

Premium Member
2 Kilimanjaro safari
3 expedition Everest
Thanks in advance

No you can’t delete tier 2 FPs in order to book another tier 1 FP in the same park.

But if in your scenario, you decided that you’d like to jump to Epcot, you can delete those FPs. Then book 2 more at Epcot.

You can modify an FP to a different ride within the same park.

If park hopping, delete first and then re-book them.

Hayley In Wonderland

I recommend booking your first 3 FP's as early as you possibly can, and then one those are used you can then proceed to book as many as you want for the rest of the day, so long as they're not booked at the same time. After your first 3 you can only book one at a time, but you can book as many as you want. For example, if your last FP is used at 11am, any time after this you can book another FP for 12, once you have used this you can book another for half 12 and so on.

HwdStudio

2 Kilimanjaro safari
3 expedition Everest
Thanks in advance
When you overcomplicate things you are asking for trouble. Try to use the system as intended and not coming up with so many “what if” scenarios.

HwdStudio

I recommend booking your first 3 FP's as early as you possibly can, and then one those are used you can then proceed to book as many as you want for the rest of the day, so long as they're not booked at the same time. After your first 3 you can only book one at a time, but you can book as many as you want. For example, if your last FP is used at 11am, any time after this you can book another FP for 12, once you have used this you can book another for half 12 and so on.
I don’t agree in all situations. If you rope drop there are several headliners that can be riden without a FP at the MK and Epcot. I would never waste a FP in thouse parks before 10 am.

Patcheslee

The only early time FP+bookings I do is at the tiered parks. Book the unnecessary FP+ tier 2 like Nemo for around park opening, hit up whichever tier 1 I didn't get a FP+ for instead. Head for my 2nd and 3rd FP+ bookings after that which then frees me to book another tier 1 if available.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom