Do I have to go to guest services after purchasing pass online?

Eamethyst

So the only reason you would have gone to guest services was to get your AP discount card?
Yes. It's not a discount card. It's actual your Annual Pass. Like if you had bought a ticket and not the ap then you would scan the ticket at the park. After you receive your magic band, you have the option to either use the magic band to get into the parks or you can use the AP card. To get the discounts on merchandise, food you will need to show the AP card and not just the magic band. You can get discounts at the parks and Disney springs with the AP card.

I think eventually that will change. The magic bands can store credit card info on them . To many people have magic bands. So why not program the magic bands somehow for the AP holders so they don't have to carry the AP card for the discounts.

ELG13

Yes. It's not a discount card. It's actual your Annual Pass. Like if you had bought a ticket and not the ap then you would scan the ticket at the park. After you receive your magic band, you have the option to either use the magic band to get into the parks or you can use the AP card. To get the discounts on merchandise, food you will need to show the AP card and not just the magic band. You can get discounts at the parks and Disney springs with the AP card.

I think eventually that will change. The magic bands can store credit card info on them . To many people have magic bands. So why not program the magic bands somehow for the AP holders so they don't have to carry the AP card for the discounts.
Yeah that's why I call it the discount card. That's all I'll use it for lol.

GrimGrinningLeota

Original Poster
Just an update, I ordered the passes online and was able to also select the magic bands and they were shipped to my house! I have not yet activated the passes so they sent the MBs without me having to use the passes first. Cool.

ELG13

Just an update, I ordered the passes online and was able to also select the magic bands and they were shipped to my house! I have not yet activated the passes so they sent the MBs without me having to use the passes first. Cool.
Yes! That's what I was explaining happened for me! It was nice. All we both need to do now is go to guest services to get our AP cards which is used for the discounts!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom