Do I have to be present for check in?

I_heart_Tigger

Original Poster
I'm planning to join my family on a Disney trip during free dining however our schedules don't match up so they will be checking in two days before I get there.

I told them to enjoy my meal credits and we booked the package as if everyone is arriving at the same time, I was just wondering if there will be any issues with me not being there at check in?

NeedMoreMickey

There shouldn't be a problem, it only takes one ID to get the room. If you already have your magic band the front desk will make it active or your family can take it with them. Your food credits will still be good, you don't have to use them every day. Some people use multiple credits one day like double credits for a signature meal and pay for a meal the next.

I_heart_Tigger

Original Poster
Thanks. That's what I was thinking too. I'm Canadian so I actually get my Magic Band at Check in but I don't see why my sister couldn't get it. It will just be in the box with all the others. I couldn't foresee any issues but thought someone might have thought of something I didn't.

daisyduckie

There have been a few reports of Disney doing, for all intents and purposes, a head count when free dining is offered. I'm not sure how much that happens:confused:, but I guess it can happen.

back in 2012 we did the exact same thing. My wife & son checked in and got the Room Keys, Park Passes and Dining Credits attached and then I arrived 2 days later. We never had any problems when we did this but that was before they stated with the Magic Bands. Have a Great Trip

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom