Do I buy multipass or not?

me_stitch

Premium Member
I'll be in Disney from August 17th through the 24th, can't decide if I'm going to pay for multipass or not, I'd hate to spend the money if the crowds are as low as they were last year but I'd hate to not buy them and then it ends up busier than normal. I'm starting to stress.

bwr827

How many park days are you doing, and which parks?

If you’re doing all 4 parks, why not hedge your bets by purchasing LLMP for only Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios?

Those 2 parks have usually been the top recommended for Genie.

Upvote 0

Vegas Disney Fan

This is the million dollar question right now, we’re going in January and I seem to change my mind daily on whether we’ll buy it or not, for the same reasons as you. If we don’t buy it and lines are long I’m going to be frustrated about wasting time, if we do buy it and lines are short I’m going to be equally as frustrated about wasting money. The joys of a modern Disney visit.

I suspect we’ll probably buy it for our AK day at a minimum, $15 is much easier to stomach than $30.

We’ve been to WDW enough times that missing rides doesn’t bother us very much, if we leave not feeling it was worth the price we may not be back though, I hate that we’ve reached this point in our fandom but Disney is consistently making it harder and harder to justify continuing to visit the parks.

Upvote 0

me_stitch

Premium Member
Original Poster
How many park days are you doing, and which parks?

If you’re doing all 4 parks, why not hedge your bets by purchasing LLMP for only Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios?

Those 2 parks have usually been the top recommended for Genie.
we arrive late Saturday afternoon and leave the following mid Saturday afternoon and yes plan on hitting all 4 parks and we have park hopper as well. I'm kind of leaning towards your idea, at least HS.

Upvote 0

me_stitch

Premium Member
Original Poster
This is the million dollar question right now, we’re going in January and I seem to change my mind daily on whether we’ll buy it or not, for the same reasons as you. If we don’t buy it and lines are long I’m going to be frustrated about wasting time, if we do buy it and lines are short I’m going to be equally as frustrated about wasting money. The joys of a modern Disney visit.

I suspect we’ll probably buy it for our AK day at a minimum, $15 is much easier to stomach than $30.

We’ve been to WDW enough times that missing rides doesn’t bother us very much, if we leave not feeling it was worth the price we may not be back though, I hate that we’ve reached this point in our fandom but Disney is consistently making it harder and harder to justify continuing to visit the parks.
totally agree with everything you said. I miss the old paper fast passes :) I've been enough times that I really only care to hit my favorites and I haven't been since Tron, Guardians, and Remy opened, and technically Tiana's I guess, but I can hit a couple of those by getting VQ's. Decisions, Decisions.

Upvote 0

bwr827

we arrive late Saturday afternoon and leave the following mid Saturday afternoon and yes plan on hitting all 4 parks and we have park hopper as well. I'm kind of leaning towards your idea, at least HS.
If it turns out not to be busy, it still means lines for the more popular rides can be ~45 minutes, give or take.

I’d wait 45 minutes one time to ride Big Thunder, but not two times. And then I’ve got a LL and can basically walk on.

And because I’ve got the LL, I can go grab a bite to eat without concern for timing things just right.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
It has routinely been less crowded starting about mid August.
Been many times and I'll be there August 19-23.
Personally I WILL be buying. I'm someone that wants to do as many things in as little of time as possible because I only get 3 day park hoppers.
If you have more days you'll probably not NEED it but hey why not just get it for a couple of days?

Upvote 0

me_stitch

Premium Member
Original Poster
Personally I WILL be buying. I'm someone that wants to do as many things in as little of time as possible because I only get 3 day park hoppers.
If you have more days you'll probably not NEED it but hey why not just get it for a couple of days?
we're doing six full days and a few hours on arrival day and leaving day. probably spend two full days at HS and MK so I'm thinking I'll pay for at least 1 day at each of those parks.

Upvote 0
I will also be there the week of Aug 19 but Judging how some many of the hotels are sold out not sure if thats the case anymore with low crowds that week

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom