Do Disney freaks like us have any say????

spagofreep

Original Poster
Has there ever been a time when a ride or an attraction has been saved by the general public writing or calling Disney???

I was just sitting here and that thought came across my mind.

Let me know what you know

s25843

:lol:

Disney World has a severe lacking in the PR Department, when they close a ride they announce it a week before, complaints just get a general answer etc... the DL PR folk actually care and announce dates for the closings of rides awhile ahead so people can plan etc...

so in Short, the answer is NO :cry:

AndyMagic

Originally posted by spagofreep
Has there ever been a time when a ride or an attraction has been saved by the general public writing or calling Disney???

I was just sitting here and that thought came across my mind.

Let me know what you know
A ride has never been saved but a ride has been completely redone after millions of complaints. That ride was Journey into Imagination of course.

General Grizz

Actually, don't think you can't. If you have a dream, there are more ways in one to fulfill it.

No, Disney isn't about to reopen an attraction by one letter alone. However, if you can get many people on your side to write LETTERS and not necessarily send in a petition, this will influence their decision.

Secondly, post it on WDWMagic. Papers read this, and sometimes, the requests of guests are posted in the papers! Case in point, on October 22, I posted a Carousel of Progress protest message that was quoted in the paper a few weeks later, "PROTEST! Let's make this bigger than toad." Incidentally, I was told to 'seek therapy immediately' after the post!! Who knows, perhaps the reopening of 'Progress' was helped by just that one message. Perhaps Disney did not want another 'Toad' incident. But who's to say it won't happen again??

You just have to work at it before you think it can't be done. Because we're Disney's main customers, perhaps that means something to them. :)

Scooter

Re: Re: Do Disney freaks like us have any say????

Originally posted by AndyMagic
A ride has never been saved but a ride has been completely redone after millions of complaints. That ride was Journey into Imagination of course.

I have heard that JIYI had a lot of complaints.

But i heard it was Micheal Eisner, not the guest complaints that changed this ride. I heard he rode it, hated it, and told them to change it.

I could be wrong about this.
Can anyone verify this?

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I know that they've ended parades cause of guest complaints (Mulan Parade, Tapestry of Dreams), but I think once Disney's gonna close something, no amount of guest letters will save it

kennyj29

Protest

I'm sure for every letter of protest there would be one to favor it so it probably wouldn't help anyway. Different opinions - you can tell just from the posts in here.

civileng68

Account Suspended
i think they do

As a marketing major I think if I were involved with Disney's Marketing department, I would be watching message boards such as this.

You figure, we are Disney's wildest fanatics. I feel there are surely prying eyes in these sites. They will never let you know that because they don't want these "unofficial" sites becoming the best source of information. Disney wants Disney to be the main source for information. They do not want to risk any disinformation therefore will never give these sites validity.

I am nearly sure as a marketing major that there are prying eyes in here as many other Big Disney sites.

I believe your viewpoint can make a difference, however, whether it's on here or not, Disney will want alot more opinions than there are people in here to determine a big decision.

strobe

Re: i think they do

Originally posted by civileng68
As a marketing major I think if I were involved with Disney's Marketing department, I would be watching message boards such as this.

You figure, we are Disney's wildest fanatics. I feel there are surely prying eyes in these sites. They will never let you know that because they don't want these "unofficial" sites becoming the best source of information. Disney wants Disney to be the main source for information. They do not want to risk any disinformation therefore will never give these sites validity.

I am nearly sure as a marketing major that there are prying eyes in here as many other Big Disney sites.

I believe your viewpoint can make a difference, however, whether it's on here or not, Disney will want alot more opinions than there are people in here to determine a big decision.

There are a lot of Disney fanatics like us on these message boards. But unfortunately, that probably doesn't matter to Disney as much as we would like to think it does. Most of the visitors to WDW are not of the 'fanatic' set, but rather just average people.

I think in most cases, Disney is working towards what will appeal most to the average person while providing the best return on their investment.

I'm sure Disney scans these boards, and appreciates their loyal fans, but I'm also pretty sure they know we are a very biased bunch!! :) There is only so much they will do to please us die hards, when there is more money to be made somewhere else.

Scooter

I'm sure Disney has their own research and Marketing departments.

They know exactly how many people ride which rides on which days. We have all been bothered at one time or another by the Disney Castmembers taking their Special Disney Polls.

They pay experts millions of bucks to find all this information out so I doubt if they pay much attention to discussion boards like this one.

Besides..every time I say I don't like something on here, someone else comes along and says they LOVE it and vice versa
so everything cancels everything out.:lol:

Having said that...I know we have several cast members that come in here and I imagine The Disney big-wigs ask them once in a while how they feel about something so perhaps we DO make a differance through what we say in here when the castmembers read these boards....who knows for sure? ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom