DM's WDW Report 12-18th

I just got back and this new design is confusing and someone put my compy in a higher resolution so everything seems so small.

Anyway, I before I start, I should mention that I took a grand total of 0 pictures...

It took my band 25 hours to reach Disney with at least 3 ,1 hour stops. The hotel we stayed at was the Raddison which was right outside Disney near Downtown Disney. It was on this side road. A marriots was across the street. And a miniature golf place I think you can see from 4 was right nearby.

Disney/MGM Studios
-I happened to be in a group of 24 this day so going around was quite fun. We arrived quite so also so there wasn't really any big crowds. I rode ToT and RnRC both twice on the trip but those are mostly what they were. I also rode the wonderful walk on only 1 pod out of 6 running Star Tours. Something needs to be done. Normal Simulator rides age very fast and become nothing more than a novelty ride. I did see the Big City street and Stunt Show. There seems to be a lot more to be done on the Stunt Show and the BCS is practically dead. Most of the facades are being build and the San Fran looked close to being finished. And will the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground ever re-open?

Epcot
-First thing my band did on the trip is that we went backstage to behind the Germany Pavilian where we attended a workshop. There we got to play several famous Disney songs before dubbing the soundtrack for the ending of the Little Mermaid. At the actual park I didn't do much. Soarin from what I saw in the Bus parking was pretty much done on the outside. Mission Space had a lot more stuff that when I went during testing. I took the singles line though and it was a much longer wait than the group wait. I really like the attraction's theme song though. Now Test Track, there is something new there that from old reports that it used to be old. I mean there is a crash effect right before going on the Speed section. But of course it is much different than from what I heard it was. You turn the corner and hear a crash before seeing a car that is bouncing back from the wall and it actually moves in kinda like how the EMV works... However, unlike what people said it does, the car does not move forward of backwards for the crash, it just stays still. Anyway, I really like Epcot like what it is now. Screw WoM, Horizons, and WoL. You should feel thrills while learning like on Mission Space and Test Track. Those who think they are not learning better pay more attention.

Animal Kingdom-
This park was empty due to downpouring... So I went to Kali and tried to get on while still raining. However stopped for a couple hours once I got on. Not of the geysers or anything were working so it was pretty boring... After Kali and went to Dinoland and got a very good sight of Everest. It looks really really awsome. The Big drop isn't very big at all also. When I went to dinoland, me and my friends just kept on riding Dinosaur. I never remember it being that fun but since it was a walk on, I don't care. Primevil whrill, had a 30 minute wait which was quite funny....

Magic Kingdom-
The new paint job for Splash Mountain and Big Thunder look wonderful. Splash Mountain though still needs a lot to be repainted, mostly from what you can see backstage and in line. The Toontown Trainstation looks pretty much complete and is probably already re-opened. The Sub-lagoon is pretty much drained too. All that is left is about an inch of water. For those who complain about Space Mountain: that was everybodys favorite ride at the Magic Kingdom and even with its slowness and oldness it is really really really really really really really fun. So back off!!!! I did notice though that the sheets placed over the mountain were coming off. Don't know what I am talking about? Look at the pics of how Disneyland's SM was re-colored white. Halfway through the day I had to go to the fire ant infested backstage to get ready for the parade. There were 2 bands that day. Mine, Belvidere, Illinois, and some band from Wisconsin. I actually didn't mind the heat from marching in wool uniforms but what really sucked is how bad is smalls behind Splash Mountain. Those worried about what works on Splash, countless things were not working.... and it is weird since half the mountain looks brand new and the other half looks old...

Universal/IOA-
Spending 2 full days here kinda sucked... But I had some fun. I was a volunteer on EQ and I had to stand on the Dali infront of the Blue Screen. My friend was the guy who "falls" down the shaft. The best ride at the studio park is now the Mummy. I would compare it like a combination of Space Mountain and something along the lines of the Great Movie ride. There were though only 3 AA's on the whole ride. The Tourest one and the two Imotop or whatever ones. The second time I rode the mummy I got on in 1 minute because I just got into the Single riders line, and my friends who already waited over an hour were in the same room. A CM let my join with them. IOA hasn't changed in such a long time. I rode Spiderman twice and stole the glasses and I rode the Hulk so much that the ride isn't very exciting anymore. The Hulk is nowhere near the best rollercoaster.

I did see a movie at Citiwalk though. Shrek 2. I didn't really like it. It was really funny and while.... it was just kinda bad.....

Oh, while on the trip, my school rented out Mannequins. Very awsome club. For those who are younger than 21, or never rented the place out, there are 3 floors. The bottom was a rotating floor surrounded by bars. The Second floor was couches, more bars, and the DJ room. The third was closed off. What was really awsome about this place though was the lighting. Absolutly awsome.

Well I hope I covered everthing. I wanted to bring a camara but I did not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom