DLP in November?

ChristyKay

Original Poster
This is a ways out and I'm outside the planning window but I will be in Germany for several months studying abroad in Fall of 2018. I have two separate weeks of vacation while I'm there, and one of them I would like to spend at DLP. The week I'm thinking of would be in November to mimic our Thanksgiving break. Just wondering if anyone has been around this time and what the crowds are like, prices, weather, etc.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Weekday crowds should be low because this is outside of public school holidays in most European countries. Weekends are always more crowded because of the addition of locals coming for the day. By the end of November weather will be cold, so plan on a coat that is easy to constantly take off and put back on as you go in and out of rides. We went the first week of January this year and ended up layering with ski thermals underneath so that we could wear coats that were lighter instead of having to wear our really heavy winter coats - made it easier when we had to hold them when in line.

Barcoco

We went the last week in November last year and had a great time.

The weather wasn't great - fairly cold and some rain, and park hours were quite short, but all the Christmas decorations were out so the place looked great. November is low season so you'll find short lines and low crowds. There should also be some decent package offers for hotel/tickets.

I've got a trip report on my signature if you want to see how things look at that time of year.

ChristyKay

Original Poster
We went the last week in November last year and had a great time.

The weather wasn't great - fairly cold and some rain, and park hours were quite short, but all the Christmas decorations were out so the place looked great. November is low season so you'll find short lines and low crowds. There should also be some decent package offers for hotel/tickets.

I've got a trip report on my signature if you want to see how things look at that time of year.
Alright great I'll check it out!

OperaMama

Crowds probably won't be a problem but although having spent my life in cold areas of the US, I've never been as chilled to the bone as I have been in DLP in November! Layers are a must: shirt, cashmere sweater (my fav for warmth without bulk), scarf, gloves, hat... And if it pours rain, as it's known to do, just expect to be soaked through. Love the "greatcoats" that the CMs in the park wear- heavy, long wool!

Robbiem

Completely agree about the cold make sure you wrap up warm! November is a good time to visit though but try to avoid the armistice day holiday and check to see if there are any other special events like U.K. Guy Fawkes or bonfire night which could lead to more crowds

ColdSun

November is great because there are basically no crowds. Sure, the weather might be crappy but just make sure to bundle up well and maybe bring a thermos full with hot tea with you. Whenever it gets too cold, just pop into one of the indoor attractions that warm you amount for a fair amount of time (Phantom Manor, Buss Lightyear's Lazer Blast, Tower Of Terror, Crush's Coaster, Mickey & The Magician, Stitch Live...)

AndyS2992

I've booked to go Nov 6-10 but just been announced that Ratatouille and Small World will be closed. Disappointed but oh well.

TiggerDad

If you have a week there, please spend 2-3 days at DLP and the rest of the week in Paris itself. DLP does not have as much to do as WDW, so you don't need a full week at the resort. Plus Paris itself has so much to see.

The DLP website has ticket prices that are tiered for how crowded they expect the park to be, so you can see which days of each month are busier than others. I will defer to more frequent visitors there about whether that pricing has changed behavior enough to balance it out, like at DL where the AP blackout days are now less crowded than the days that aren't blacked out.

Plan for cold and rain, and have a great time!

UKDisney Dave

It's cold. Wet. Damp. But there will be no lines much as anyone with any sense is indoors. It will get dark early, and the parks will close soon after. But that's okay, because by the time you have spent 8 hours outdoors, you will be begging to head to your hotel and snuggle up under the covers. You won't be able to feel your feet or fingers, you blood will have the consistency of slush ice, and your face will look like you have just spent 3 weeks at the South Pole.

If you do wrap up warm (coat, scarf, gloves, hat, jumper, thick socks, long johns) then every time you go to an indoor ride you end up sweating like it's August in Orlando.

Oh and don't forget the drizzle. That super fine rain that seems like it's not a problem, but somehow seeps to the very core of your body, sapping you of what little heat you have, and coating over surface with a layer of soaking wet droplets making sitting down anywhere a big no.

All that said it's still Disney. I stayed in sequoia lodge, and coming "home" each night to the hotel and thawing out in the bar with a big rawing open fire, and a nice tall drink over ice was amazing.

I think what I'm saying is....it's a bit chilly. Wrap up warm, plan on shorter days and find things to do in the evening and you will have a great time. The Paris parks may not have the sunshine, but they sure look pretty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom