Disruption at AKL?!?!?!?

Dossie

I am getting really freaked out!
We have booked to go to AKL in July - I originally had the CBR but decided to pay the extra and upgrade as we are having our vows renewed also and thought it would be extra special...blah...blah

I keep reading and hearing reports of the construction underway at AKL - refurbs of the upper stories of the main lodge and new buidling work for the DVC villas.

I am concerned as to the level of noise, unsightliness, disruption that may be going on there and different sites seem to be giving mixed reports.

Has anyone been recently - what did u see/hear etc. Please advise as I am on the verge of changing my resort and really don't want to.

All comments gratefully recieved

:shrug: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :shrug:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would not worry. Disney has taken hiding construction to an art form. I have been at both the Contemporary and the Poly during refurbs and if it was not this web site I never would have known anything was going on.

Upvote 0

Mr. Toad

When we were at the Polynesian last year they were doing construction on one of the longhouses near ours and we were only aware of it because we walked by it on our way to catch the EPCOT monorail.

We are also staying at AKL during the construction and I am not really that concerned about it. They really are good at minimizing the disruptions.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom