Disney's Zorro Television Series

FoozieBear

Original Poster
Has anyone else watched any of this show? I started watching it a few weeks ago and it's fantastic. We celebrated the shows 57th anniversary over on our website today.

What do you think of this Walt Disney masterpiece? I really wish Disney would do another re-release of this show! Even though it was short-lived, it was fantastic.

216bruce

It's great. I bought the whole series on dvd and have watched a lot of the episodes. Sadly, most folks under 55 have little or no knowledge of it and I don't know how much they would enjoy it. For them, Zorro is Antonio Banderas (and those movies were pretty good too), but the tv adventure serial is a dead genre. I guess you could classify Walking Dead as an adventure serial but it's just so different and more violent/depressing overall. Zorro, like Davey Crockett, is a product of simpler, less complicated times when the good guys were good and the bad guys were bad- before The Dark Knight, etc. They reflect our society. Probably why I always preferred Superman over Batman- a simpler character for the most part.

champdisney

Zorro was a Vault Disney favorite of mines as well. Disney should re-release this on a HD/Blu-Ray platform.

Or better yet, add it to Netflix.

Last edited:

prberk

I used to watch it on Vault Disney and now have the complete series on DVD.

Zorro was a Vault Disney favorite of mines as well. Disney should re-release this on a HD/Blu-Ray platform.

Or better yet, add it to Netflix.

Or better yet, bring back Vault Disney on The "Disney" Channel!

(Maybe take off one 11 p.m. episode of a repeat of a repeat of current shows.)

prberk

How will Disney Channel capture the 8-12 demographic at 1:00 AM if they bring back Vault Disney?

I know. What was I thinking?

Is there any other demographic that would watch The Disney Channel if they programmed to them? Obviously not.

Not that 15 year-old that I remember in the '90s who was visiting and wanted to see (the orginal black and white, of all things) of "The gy Dog" when he saw that I had it on DVD, because he had really liked it on The (real) Disney Channel growing up. (And, yes, I realize that that was 20 years ago, but the idea is that he was 15 and associated with the movie because he had seen it in re-runs on The Disney Channel even after it was already a very old movie, but still patently classic Disney -- and a teenager liked it.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom