Disney's Vero Beach sells 26 acres to developer

Monorail_Red_77

First pic shows the three parcels of DVC Vero Beach Resort.
Top is main resort area and beachfront.
Middle is support facilities & Warehouse, a parking lot and tennis courts.
Bottom shows property being sold. Approx 25.26 acres. In that plot, top square is owned by county.
DVC VERO PROP.png

Closer inspection shows that Disney will lose a small parking lot NW of support facility as well as an area North of the retention pond. Possibly a pavilion with dock access to pond.
DVC VERO PROP ZOOM.png

I always hate it when Disney sells of property, like portions of Flamingo Crossings, Celebration, Four Seasons and related Golf Courses.
But who am I. LOL

kurtk

Sad to see that happen. They sold land south of the resort on the ocean side several years ago. Unfortunately, I don't think Vero Beach Resort worked out for Disney. I live in the town and have gone there several times for dinner. In the last few years the awesome Sunday brunch went away and more recently the dining options have been considerably reduced. Great small town to live in and raise kids but not a place with lots of activity.

Lilofan

Sad to see that happen. They sold land south of the resort on the ocean side several years ago. Unfortunately, I don't think Vero Beach Resort worked out for Disney. I live in the town and have gone there several times for dinner. In the last few years the awesome Sunday brunch went away and more recently the dining options have been considerably reduced. Great small town to live in and raise kids but not a place with lots of activity.
I had friends stay at Disney Vero Beach. They said it's nice but very boring in the surrounding areas.

fngoofy

I think it's worked out fine for them. We stay there every 2-3 yrs for a few days prior to our WDW vaca. There are always people there, the resort is tip top, and has the same vibe as our first time there 18yrs ago.

Club Cooloholic

First pic shows the three parcels of DVC Vero Beach Resort.
Top is main resort area and beachfront.
Middle is support facilities & Warehouse, a parking lot and tennis courts.
Bottom shows property being sold. Approx 25.26 acres. In that plot, top square is owned by county.
View attachment 419674

Closer inspection shows that Disney will lose a small parking lot NW of support facility as well as an area North of the retention pond. Possibly a pavilion with dock access to pond.
View attachment 419675

I always hate it when Disney sells of property, like portions of Flamingo Crossings, Celebration, Four Seasons and related Golf Courses.
But who am I. LOL
We took a walk around the pond last spring..I am guessing it wont be possible now?

Club Cooloholic

I had friends stay at Disney Vero Beach. They said it's nice but very boring in the surrounding areas.
Orlando it isn't, or even a lot of what we think of for Florida beach towns, but that is exactly what makes it great. Spending 2 or 3 nights there after a week in WDW is one of the most relaxing things a person can do.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I think it's worked out fine for them. We stay there every 2-3 yrs for a few days prior to our WDW vaca. There are always people there, the resort is tip top, and has the same vibe as our first time there 18yrs ago.
Just because there are always people there during the time of you visit doesn’t mean they are hitting their occupancy targets year round. They stopped investing is these off property resorts for a reason. They were not nearly as profitable as they hoped they would be and that doesn’t seem to he changing in recent years. They had plans for lots of these off ‘property’ resorts that were cancelled after the less than desired performance of the first two. They learned that most DVC owners wanted to go to WDW. While there are certainly some who want that, it’s not enough for them to consider growth and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if they considered a sale at the end of the current contracts. But a lot can happen in the interim to change that.

ryguy

Original Poster
/
Problem is it's not all that close to Vero Beach retail/restaurants, etc.. but maybe that's the appeal to some. Certainly worth a lot of money and Vero lacks hotel space.

Club Cooloholic

Problem is it's not all that close to Vero Beach retail/restaurants, etc.. but maybe that's the appeal to some. Certainly worth a lot of money and Vero lacks hotel space.
I think what makes it work for my family is that its disney service and atmosphere (families) at a beach resort . That can be hard to find.

DisDadWoz

Getting away from the outside world is what makes this resort so nice. The beach is nice and very quiet. Not very busy at all. Yes, there isn't a lot to do immediately around the resort but Vero Beach is close enough to drive to without issue. Having lived there during winter "busy season" I knew some spots to hit up for dinner etc. so it was no big deal for us to take the family out.

kurtk

You are right. It is really not in Vero Beach, more like Fellsmere/Sebastian. (I know, really splitting hairs but i live here.) It is several miles up A1A on the island from the Vero Beach portion of the island. There are some great restaurants down there. Vero has some really wonderful restaurants for the small size it is.

I am biased. Enjoyed the town and raised my kids here for 13+ years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom