Disneys Tropical Storm Adventure! 6-11-06

Horizons1

Original Poster
Greetings folks, how ya doing?

Well, with the tropical storm quickly approaching, my friends and I knew that there was only one way to prepare. A trip to the most magical place on earth!

Not alot to report other than it being very humid, and alot of walls are up everywhere. I also tried something new this time for updates, video. Its not real good and I moved the camera a bit too fast at times but Im working on it. And with a little work, that may become a larger part of my updates. Ill try to post the video a little later today but for now, its picture time.

Well arriving there around 2, we parked at the TTC to head to the MK. We got parked right up front near the TTC and caught a monorail over the MK where we messed around for a little bit. Not really anything to really report there.

Rain on the Monorail...

dsc020323fe.jpg

We then decided to go over to Epcot. So we took the ferry back and caught the Monorail over to Epcot. On the way passing the brush fire, which was large at the time. There was also an empty Epcot parking lot to see.

A brush with fire...

dsc020353zr.jpg

Parking lot of emptiness...

dsc020374uw.jpg

The reflecting ponds of FWW have once again been drained. To be cleaned most likely.

dsc020392jw.jpg

dsc020400wl.jpg

A few FWW shots for ya...

dsc020416rv.jpg

dsc020420bw.jpg

The Swiss Living Seas...

dsc020433kv.jpg

dsc020446rv.jpg

More to come, so stay tuned...

Horizons1

Original Poster
We checked out the LS for a little bit, lines for Turtle Talk were, as always, very long.

Few random shots for ya...

dsc020450re.jpg

dsc020471hy.jpg

dsc020491gz.jpg

We were going to hit Soarin' but with an 80 minute wait time we decided not to. So we ventured over to FWE to do TT, which was 120 minutes, so we didnt do that. Hmm, what to do? Oh I know, MS, which practically had no wait at all.

dsc020500qy.jpg

2 of my friends did green, leaving the rest of us to do orange. I had not ridden MS since AP Previews, I dont care what Disney says, the original has also been toned down, but I suppose its for the best.

We can still dream it...

dsc020527hd.jpg

Venturing to the WS, Malestrom had a 30 minute wait. Nothing else to report really except for walls and lines.

Lines at the American Gardens theater, I didnt see who was playing but these people apparently liked em...

dsc020534wh.jpg

Wall at the AA has moved to the left...

dsc020545pw.jpg

Fountain in Morroco is boxed up...

dsc020556wp.jpg

We decided to leave Epcot and headed over to AK to do EE.

SE is clean! (Well half of it anyways)...

dsc020585ou.jpg

Say goodbye to Stitch, it was the last day of the F&GF...

dsc020594yj.jpg

More to come...

Pabgo

Are you sure they toned down the original? If they did, that stinks!!! I don't think Disney should tone down rides!

Horizons1

Original Poster
Somehow, I managed to miss this for the entire F&GF...

dsc020611jp.jpg

A little Retrocot for ya...

dsc020620yr.jpg

dsc020635xd.jpg

Heading to AK, we passed the fire again. They had it under control by now...

dsc020667tv.jpg

dsc020670vb.jpg

dsc020681sc.jpg

dsc020696ma.jpg

Wall up in front of the Tree of Life...

dsc020713cn.jpg

Work for the Nemo show continues...

dsc020723rb.jpg

dsc020750lk.jpg

More to come...

WhyteAL

we got back yesterday! man that sucked I left a day early because of the TS Alberto. And disney dinning was upset with me and wanted to charge me 10 per guest for not going to Akershaus Yesterday at Epcot!:brick: and of course we were staying and the AKL which made my asthma act up a little because of the fires! Oh well hopefully next time it will be better.

Horizons1

Original Poster
One more of the theater...

dsc020802oi.jpg

EE...

dsc020786je.jpg

Walls up near Kali, I presume this for the new restraunt...

dsc020828hd.jpg

dsc020839nb.jpg

Night falls on AK...

dsc020851nz.jpg

dsc020893xw.jpg

Headed to the WL after AK, ate at the Roaring Fork and then headed back to the MK.

Lodgey ( and blurry)...

dsc020997wo.jpg

A few shots from the TTA...

dsc021109ta.jpg

dsc021144jr.jpg

And that was pretty much our night. Hoped you enjoyed the photos and I will be back with the video later.

afr117

Thanks for the picture of the manatee at Seas! They are always one of the highlights of my trip and I didn't get to see them when I went during the rehab last fall.

maelstrom

Great photos. I was at Epcot yesterday too. Peter Noone was playing at the America Gardens Theatre and there was a line like that everyday for every show. And I stood in it. Not yesterday, though. I need to get on posting the rest of my photos.

Horizons1

Original Poster
Alright, I got the video up. Keep in mind, its nothing great and its mostly just little stuff but either way, I hope you enjoy!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bC4qctJFCCY"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bC4qctJFCCY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="600" height="350"></embed></object>

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
Thank you so much for the photos. It is so nice to see "recent" photos of WDW. It makes me feel that I am a part of the WDW experience currently going on. Thanks so much.

Firewolfe51

good trip report i have one of our own i will post tonight or in the morning. We just got home and unpacked. Thanks to the storm we had the roughest plane ride ever!!!!!!!!Wife was very ill and scared. We went to ILL. last night and the ride back to the contemp or the TTC was packed due to the fire and the lot @ Epcot being closed!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom