News Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show will not reopen and is permanently closed according to reports

el_super

Not really sure what to make of this. I generally liked the old show, but I can see how, with an eye toward diversity and inclusion, this might have been considered inappropriate. The show at Aulani somewhat addressed this, by focusing heavily on the cultural significance of the dances and stories, but maybe they figure that's too hard to pull off in Orlando. Maybe the audience there isn't as receptive to it?

That stage/location is also probably overdue for a lot of modernization so ... maybe it's just not worth it to bring it back.

Still a shame to lose a dinner show though.

castlecake2.0

Prime location for something new, I’m guessing a new long house and hoping that it includes a signature dining venue. Let the crocs and tank tops go to Ohana and give us a new classy venue with a well thought out Polynesian menu.

cindy_k

So sad :( Another piece of Disney history just being removed.
giphy.gif

matt9112

Prime location for something new, I’m guessing a new long house and hoping that it includes a signature dining venue. Let the crocs and tank tops go to Ohana and give us a new classy venue with a well thought out Polynesian menu.

You get giant dvc expansion....

I'm amazed you guys don't get it yet. This company legitimately only cares about one thing and it's not quality.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Oh, thank goodness. If there’s one thing we needed at WDW, it’s more DVC.

Based on the tweet above, Looks like the level of exterior theming might be on-par with the Rivera which, uh, is not good.
I think the rendering is hard to discern the texture of it from.

Bocabear

you can be sure the new resort will have a level of theming on par with the Riviera... That is the new way of things.
We stayed at Riviera in the 3 bedroom suite...which was very nice, but did not feel in any way like a Disney property...it felt like any other Marriott hotel... Plain nicely manicured grounds, Plain nice pool... Nothing that felt like classic Disney...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom