Disney's Pop Century Resort to provide MagicBands and no Key to the World card from this week

ExtinctJenn

Curious to see how quickly the no-KTTW card thing rolls out. I thought all testing going forward fell into that category so was anticipating we wouldn't have one for our December trip. Right now on MDE it shows both our cards and bands so I guess time will tell!

orky8

I don't entirely understand while resources are being expended on solving the double-dipping issue, however minimal that reprogramming may be, when the intent is get rid of Fastpass altogether. Instead of taking away FP from onsite (theoretically, the most coved) guests. The focus should be on figuring out how to get non-resort guests on some variant of FP+, which it seemed they were doing with Swan and Dolphin trials. Then, FP can be eliminated altogether for everyone. This seems to indicate that it may be a while before FP+ is rolled out to non-resort guests -- otherwise, why bother. Also, it seems like a poor move as its only going to upset onsite guests. While it is arguably unfair that they can double dip, it is also arguably unfair that now non-resort guests will be able to pull unlimted FPs across multiple parks, whereas resort guests are limited to just 3 FP+s at one park. If I had to choose between two unfair possibilities, I would choose the one that doesn't upset the guests paying outrageous room rates at my hotels -- but I guess that is why Disney would never hire me :rolleyes:

ExtinctJenn

I don't entirely understand while resources are being expended on solving the double-dipping issue, however minimal that reprogramming may be, when the intent is get rid of Fastpass altogether.
I don't think removal of the KTTW card is necessarily another move toward preventing the double dipping in this case. I think it's because ultimately MBs are to replace them and they've got to eventually test without them in place as a back up. Just the next step in moving forward toward full go-live I'd think. Just my gut!

orky8

I don't think removal of the KTTW card is necessarily another move toward preventing the double dipping in this case. I think it's because ultimately MBs are to replace them and they've got to eventually test without them in place as a back up. Just the next step in moving forward toward full go-live I'd think. Just my gut!

The article states that you can request a KTTW card, but its magnetic strip will be deactivated so you can't get FP. This isn't about testing -- in fact, they should give everyone an RFID KTTW without requesting it in case people don't want to wear a bracelet.

G8rchamps

Don't forget the part about paper FPs being gone by 10 AM with so many reserved by FP+ users. It is actually a lot of work to double dip already, and terrible if paper is your only option. Whole thing is a mess.

AndyS2992

I have my next trip booked already for August 2014 and we are staying at Pop and am from the UK. How does this work for us? Will they send us the bands and stuff in advance so we can book FP+ or will we get them on arrival at Pop? So confused.

FigmentsFangirl

Personally I am looking forwards to getting a MB myself. {as long as I can get it in red I'm a happy Disney-Goer!} From what I understand, the battery lasts what three years ? And the ticket lasts the length of stay/Annual Pass correct ? They're waterproof and don't float. Yes, I want one. Wanted to help test out the system as well this past January and also in August, but both times at the resorts we stayed at did not even know what we were talking about when we inquired. {at the time it was Pop Centry and PORiverside}

So, for my next trip, how do I reserve a color for my MB ? How far in advance can I request a color {red} before my trip takes place/checkin occurs ?

ExtinctJenn

So, for my next trip, how do I reserve a color for my MB ? How far in advance can I request a color {red} before my trip takes place/checkin occurs ?
You may want to peruse some of the other threads in this topic for a ton of information on that. The short version is it depends on when you're going as the system is still in testing. If you are going between now and December and you are staying on property you should be able to do your customization via MDE now. If you are going after December, I believe the testing hasn't been extended beyond January 5th yet so you won't be able to do anything until they decide the next step. Hope that helps!

DisneyJoe

I have my next trip booked already for August 2014 and we are staying at Pop and am from the UK. How does this work for us? Will they send us the bands and stuff in advance so we can book FP+ or will we get them on arrival at Pop? So confused.

You will get them at check in. They are not shipping Magic Bands internationally.

You can create a My Disney Experience account and make plans when the time is right, i.e. ADR's when the window opens for them, and the ability to book FP+ should appear about 60 days or so before your arrival.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom