Disney's Magical Express late at night

cmheisel

Original Poster
Hi,

My wife and I are planning two short weekend trips to WDW in April and October.

We'd be getting into MCO sometime between 8-10pm and then heading over to either the Poly or a Boardwalk area resort.

Since we're getting in kind of late would we be looking at longer waits (for a bus to show up, a bus to fill up, a bus to be going our way, etc.)

Would the trip be longer because they'd be stopping at more resorts on the way to ours (presumably because it's an off peak time)?

Any intel for a night-time traveller would be much appreciated!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
The runs will never stop at more than three [I think - might be four] resorts. It doesn't matter how quiet it is.

If you don't want to be woken up when they deliver your bags, you can either retrieve them yourself [don't tag them with the yellow tags] or request that Bell Services hold them until you call in the morning.

Rob562

While it doesn't necessarily apply to this situation (8-10pm isn't all that late for Orlando International), I thought I'd drop in a suggestion to anyone reading this who has a late-evening flight arriving in Orlando:

Make sure that DME has your correct flight info! If your flight plans change, make sure to call and update it!

The DME desk has a scheduled closing time (10 or 11pm, I think) but if they know that they have people with DME reservations arriving on a late flight, they'll have a skeleton crew stay to handle those late-night arrivals.

So if you were originally booked on an afternoon flight, changed to a late-evening one but never told DME about it, it's quite possible that when you arrive at 11:30pm and make your way to the DME desk, you'd find it closed up and everyone gone home because they didn't know to wait for you.

But just to reassure people, you don't have to worry about updating Disney if your flight is simply delayed. As long as you're on the same flight number as the one you gave DME, they'll know from their system that your flight is delayed and will wait for you.

-Rob

s8film40

The runs will never stop at more than three [I think - might be four] resorts. It doesn't matter how quiet it is.

If you don't want to be woken up when they deliver your bags, you can either retrieve them yourself [don't tag them with the yellow tags] or request that Bell Services hold them until you call in the morning.

They recently stopped doing late night bag deliveries. Unless they changed this back, once they stop around 11:00 PM the bags are locked up at the airport and cannot be retrieved until they are delivered the next morning.

Make sure you have everything you need for the first night with you either as a carry-on or a bag without a yellow tag.

Pioneer Hall

They recently stopped doing late night bag deliveries. Unless they changed this back, once they stop around 11:00 PM the bags are locked up at the airport and cannot be retrieved until they are delivered the next morning.

Make sure you have everything you need for the first night with you either as a carry-on or a bag without a yellow tag.

Correct. After 10pm you need to retrieve your own bags and bring them on the bus with you.

cmheisel

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice everyone, sounds like we wouldn't have any troubles given when we'd be getting in (esp. since we'll likely only be carryon luggage).

Thanks again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom