Disney's Legal Issues?

ADreamAbove

Original Poster
Hello all- I’m trying to ferret out legal cases involving aspects of Disneyland- patent, trademark, and copyright infringement cases based on things like the Doom Buggies in the Haunted Mansion and other things in the park that are protected. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to look? Has anyone ever seen websites devoted to the legal happenings of Disney other than slip-and-fall cases? I would greatly, greatly appreciate any input.

isitingood

Hello all- I’m trying to ferret out legal cases involving aspects of Disneyland- patent, trademark, and copyright infringement cases based on things like the Doom Buggies in the Haunted Mansion and other things in the park that are protected. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to look? Has anyone ever seen websites devoted to the legal happenings of Disney other than slip-and-fall cases? I would greatly, greatly appreciate any input.

I don't remember seeing any trademark cases but if you look up Mike McCray who was the Disneyland Attorney for the first 30 years you will find some cases in which Disney lost. One of the biggest was in 1980 when denise Guerrero was working the Space Mountain loading dock checking safety bars when she beacame entangled as the ride left the loading dock and dragged 25 ft,and received a broken ankle and pelvis plus injuring her back. DL agreed to pay out $154,000 in cash and another $240,000 in a tax free annuity program for the rest of her life.

Deadmanwalking

Your scope is a little large if you ask me. Everything you mention is an itellectual property right issue but quite frankly each if fairly unique and your unlikely to get a lot of cross over from one to the other. I don't know the reason for your quest, but the easiest method would be to use lexis/nexis to search for cases where disney was involved....

I am assuming your looking for the actual litigation and results. You could also go to the local law school and look stuff up on hard copy but that will take you months to complete an exhaustive search. If you find a friend in law school most law school students have free access to lexis/nexis and they could look for you or you can buy a months access to lexis/nexis but that will cost you around $1,200 (its been a while so that number may be off).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom