News Disney's early morning fireworks show surprises nearby residents

HoldenC

I get that and usually agree. But I can see how some would complain about the chosen 6 AM start.
Anyone complaining about the test this morning is a POS, tbh. I have never in my life understood why people complain about these amazing opportunities. You live behind the Magic Kingdom and should consider yourself lucky to get a free fireworks show nightly. Ashame people are so ungrateful. I was THRILLED to get a first look at the new show

mergatroid

We live next to a railway track. If they ever do work on it they tend to do it overnight to minimise disruption to train services. We always get a letter in advance of the work warning of some possible late night work and the date it's scheduled, I wonder if Disney did this (sent a letter that is and not the work on the track near our house)?

Animaniac93-98

That's really just a matter of personal preference. Not everyone would feel that way.

True, which means it's very difficult to pick a time that suits everyone's convenience while not disrupting park operations.

6:00am on a weekday makes more sense than 1:00am IMO. More people are likely to be up at that hour or soon to go to work/school.

Kamikaze

I don't get why people complain about this, WDW was there way before people moved in behind it, don't like fireworks? Simple, don't move right next to a theme park...

There are people that live near Lake Compounce that complained (and stopped) a huge expansion of the property back when Hershey purchased (and quickly sold) the park. Lake Compounce opened in 1846.

wendysue

I have seen this mentality so many times. My family used to be involved in dirt track racing. Tracks become popular, people buy land and build close to the track, then people file noise complaints.
Aaarrrrggghhhh!!!
Same thing happened near us. After the people moved next to our track, they kept complaining until it was closed. (pretty sure that won't happen to Disney...:) )

TalkingHead

Anyone complaining about the test this morning is a POS, tbh. I have never in my life understood why people complain about these amazing opportunities. You live behind the Magic Kingdom and should consider yourself lucky to get a free fireworks show nightly. Ashame people are so ungrateful. I was THRILLED to get a first look at the new show

Lol

Disney Analyst

We live next to a railway track. If they ever do work on it they tend to do it overnight to minimise disruption to train services. We always get a letter in advance of the work warning of some possible late night work and the date it's scheduled, I wonder if Disney did this (sent a letter that is and not the work on the track near our house)?

I’m sure they all got letters. I know all hotel guests did.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom