Disney's American Dream

Disney Fan 242

Original Poster
Hi,
I'm new to the forums and some time ago I got an idea for a possible blue-sky 5th gate to WDW.

I haven't really developed the idea because I don't know much about the theme I've chosen so I would really apreciate suggestions.

The name of the park would be something along the lines of Disney's American Dream and would feature lands themed around important places of the US

Currently I imagine the park having 4 lands:
- A main street themed around Broadway
- Times Square (hub)
- A New York land
- Cars land / Route 66
- Liberty land (I know MK has Liberty square but this would be a bit more themed around the War)

Other lands that could exist in the parks are:
- Gravity Falls / Oregon
- Princess and the Frog / New Orleans
- Lilo and Stitch / Hawaii
- Some kind of Natural Parks

¿What would you add or change in the park?

Last edited:

Disney Fan 242

Original Poster
I know some people might think that this idea could fall into the same problems as DCA but I don't think so because:
1.- It is in a wider scale, the entirety of the US
2.- It would, ideally, have a big budget (Not as DCA)

D Hulk

Hi,
I'm new to the forums and some time ago I got an idea for a possible blue-sky 5th gate to WDW.

I haven't really developed the idea because I don't know much about the theme I've chosen so I would really apreciate suggestions.

The name of the park would be something along the lines of Disney's American Dream and would feature lands themed around important places of the US

- Times Square (hub)
- A New York land
- Cars land / Route 66
- Liberty land (I know MK has Liberty square but this would be a bit more themed around the War)

- Gravity Falls / Oregon

Hello and welcome! This is a strong and bold idea to start with.

To avoid some of the early problems with DCA, how about expanding your focus to American history instead of America today. That’s largely what DCA did with its grand reinvention. That lets you use romance, nostalgia, and “the hard facts that have shaped America.”

5d4c591358d00.image.jpg

Consider looking into Disney’s America, a never-made theme park from Eisner’s 90s era with a similar historic theme. Learn from the mistakes they made.

freedomland_guidecover0000mv.jpg

Also check out Freedomland U.S.A., a Disneyland knockoff from the 1960s which was divided up by historic era and geographical location.

Good luck with this project! I look forward to seeing it develop.

Miru

Most Marvel characters are based in NY, as is Oliver and Company. Springfield would work as the shopping area similar to Ikispiari. Hollywood has plenty of opportunities for IP, and I could see America Sings working somewhere.

Disney Fan 242

Original Poster
Hello and welcome! This is a strong and bold idea to start with.

To avoid some of the early problems with DCA, how about expanding your focus to American history instead of America today. That’s largely what DCA did with its grand reinvention. That lets you use romance, nostalgia, and “the hard facts that have shaped America.”

5d4c591358d00.image.jpg

Consider looking into Disney’s America, a never-made theme park from Eisner’s 90s era with a similar historic theme. Learn from the mistakes they made.

freedomland_guidecover0000mv.jpg

Also check out Freedomland U.S.A., a Disneyland knockoff from the 1960s which was divided up by historic era and geographical location.

Good luck with this project! I look forward to seeing it develop.
Thank you but my approach was more of an "America today" rather than the "Yesterday America"
I only think that the Revolucionary war should be there because making a park about any aspect of America, it doesn't really make sense not including how America was actually started

spacemt354

Chili's
Hi,

- Times Square (hub)
- A New York land
- Cars land / Route 66

- Gravity Falls / Oregon

Hello and welcome!

A San Francisco Wharf area would be a nice transition from Oregon and National Parks of the West Coast.

Other than that I like your selections here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom