The Basics:
Lodging
1 night - Comfort Suites Maingate East
3 nights - Disney's Wilderness Lodge

Package
AAA Disney's Dream Maker Package

The Trip Report:

Day One

We left Charlotte at around 2:30. We stopped for dinner and then made it to Orlando around midnight. We looked forever to find a hotel, and finally, and luckily found the Comfort Suties Maingate East. It was nice. I've never stayed in a hotel owned by the "Comfort" line. I was surprised. It looks tropical themed, and the rooms were huge! Cheap too! Around $100 a night.

Day Two

Got up and drove straight in to Disney World. We checked in at the Wilderness Lodge. We have never stayed here before, and were all skeptical because we had been spoiled by Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. We were very surprised! I loved driving up to the Lodge. It really built up the theme. We had originally booked a standard room. We asked if any Junior Suites were avaliable. They were, but not until the next morning. We didn't want to deal with the hassle of moving luggage and wasting time, so we just stuck with our regular room. Our room was ready right when we checked in. We were on the fifth floor, room number 5049. Very nice view of the pool and courtyard. The rooms were much brighter than those at AKL! The bellhop brought our luggage up, and my sister and I went to the gift shop. (Anyone who knows me knows I love WDW gift shops!) We looked, and then ate at Roaring Forks. I had pizza and fries...breakfast was no longer being served. We then boarded the boat and went to the Magic Kingdom. It was open until midnight.

Having not been able to ride Space Mountain last year, we went there and got a fast pass. It was around 1:30. Our FastPass was for 5:30. We then went and rode TTA. Many people think that Spring Break is a crowded time to go...but the lines weren't that bad at all! We waited 20 minutes for Buzz Lightyear and Astro Orbiter, and walked on to TTA and Carousel of Progress.

After that, we headed to Fantasyland...it was the busiest place in the park! We only rode Mickey's PhilharMagic. It was very good! I like the apple pie effect! Then we spotted my cousin! He works at the Magic Kingdom. He was on trash duty.

After pushing our way through all of the strollers, we went on the Haunted Mansion. The wait was 30 minutes.

Got FastPasses for Splash Mountain and BTMR...both for around 10. We all got Dole Whips, shopped on Main Street, rode Space Mountain and then went back to the Lodge for dinner at Wispering Canyon.

It was alright. I had the Johnny B. Good's pasta. We sat in the back room, so we really didn't get the full "canyon" experience.

Went back to the Magic Kingdom, rode Splash and BTMR, and watched Wishes. I was surprised with Wishes! It was very good, even though our view was a little hindered. I bought the soundtrack, but haven't had the chance to listen to it yet.

Day three coming soon...

DanStat

Original Poster
By the way...

If you want specific details or pictures, just ask! I'm a little out of it right now! :lol: :hammer:

DanStat

Original Poster
Day Three

Day Three

Woke up, ate breakfast at Roaring Forks...we meant to go to Boma at AKL but we were too tired! We then took the boat over to the Contemporary, looked around there, and took the monorail to EPCOT. We arrived at EPCOT and headed straight to Mission: SPACE for a FastPass. We got the FastPass at 10:27, and oddly enough it said we could get another one at 10:30. I've never had that happen before. The line for SPACE was posted at 50 minutes. Our FastPass was for around 1.

Test Track was next. The standby line was 105 minutes, and the single riders line was 35 minutes. We got a FastPass for around 2:30. Along with our TT FastPass came a surprise FastPass for Body Wars.

Our package came with a free choice feature, and we decided to use ours on a Leave a Legacy tile. We did that next. BTW, it came with two free pins! (Well, really one, but we asked the CM if we could have another, and she gave it to us!) We took our pictures, and then went to Body Wars.

I rode this ride when I was very little, on one of my first trips to WDW. I never realized how gross this ride actually is! It was so nasty! The pavillion it was in looked rather bare. I think it's time for a refurb!

We then went for lunch in the World Showcase. I hate the Plato Combinacion (sp?) from the San Angel in Mexico. It was very good! I made an exception and ate the meat on the platter! :zipit: :eek:

My parents and sister ate fried rice and egg rolls in China.

We walked around World Showcase, and took the boat back over to Future World for our rides on Mission: SPACE and Test Track.

The boat driver was very hateful. The people behind us had opened their windows, and one of the drivers like screamed at them, telling them to shut their windows.

When we went to Mission: SPACE, the posted wait time was 40 minutes, however, I heard one woman say she waited longer than that. We walked right on with our FastPasses, needless to say, I was scared to death! :lol:

This ride was incredible! The G-forces weren't as bad as I thought they would be. There was a great novelty to the ride. I loved it. It's one of my favorites now!

The Mission: SPACE Cargo Bay had very good sales! I bought TONS, but was really happy to find a M:S poster marked down from $15 to $6! And a M:S ISTC notepad marked down from $6 to $2.99! Very cool stuff!

We then left EPCOT, and went to our hotel for a little while.

After our rest, we headed to the Disney-MGM Studios.

We needed to eat, so we went to the 50's Prime Time Cafe. Our dinner started out gushing...literally! We were sitting in the lobby, and my dad went to go get us drinks. This big family came in and stood over to our side. Then, one of the little boys that was with them tugged on his mom's shirt, and as he did, his mom lifted him off the ground by his arm, and ran with him out of the restaraunt...all of the time vomit gushing out of his mouth! :hurl: Kindof ruins your appetite doesn't it?

We got seated beside a really obnoxious group! One girl, I'm guessing in her 20's was sitting there, and made the chef come out so she could get something special made. She didn't like anything on the menu. I don't think it was for dietary restrictions, either. She was like "I want stake, with onions, and cheese, and...yadda, yaddah, yaddah!" After she got her food, she went on, and on about how good it was, making the chef come out AGAIN so she could brag, loud enough for the entire room we were sitting in to hear.

I got fried chicken. It was OK. The green beans were awful, but the mashed potatoes were great. I like the Lilo and Stitch drink they have there. It was good.

The waiter came out and told us the "rules". I had my elbows on the table, so, of course, I was yelled at. I rolled my eyes and he said I was trying to be "high maintenance"! :lol: ...if he only knew!...just kidding!

After that, we went to ride the Tower of Terror. We waited about 20 minutes. I love that ride! We were going to ride Rock 'n' Rollercoaster, but it had a long wait, and the park was getting ready to close. So we looked in a few shops, and left.

Day four coming soon...

cherrynegra

Re: Day Three

Originally posted by disneyprep50321
Day Three

We got seated beside a really obnoxious group! One girl, I'm guessing in her 20's was sitting there, and made the chef come out so she could get something special made. She didn't like anything on the menu. I don't think it was for dietary restrictions, either. She was like "I want stake, with onions, and cheese, and...yadda, yaddah, yaddah!" After she got her food, she went on, and on about how good it was, making the chef come out AGAIN so she could brag, loud enough for the entire room we were sitting in to hear.

Good Lord. Some people can be soooo incredibly BORING. Yet another example of someone who didn't get enough attention growing up.

DanStat

Original Poster
Re: Re: Day Three

Originally posted by cherrynegra
Good Lord. Some people can be soooo incredibly BORING. Yet another example of someone who didn't get enough attention growing up.

Yep! And the sad thing is...her parent's were with her; and were just as annoying! :lol:

DanStat

Original Poster
Mission: SPACE fountain

I've posted a picture of the new Mission: SPACE fountain in my photo album.

BRER STITCH

GREAT REPORT!

Sounds like you had a good time despite the crowds! You knew just how to handle it! The late park hours really make it nice!

I really love the Wilderness Lodge! Glad you had a great first time experience there! I can't wait to go back!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

P.S. How do we get to your Photo Album to see your pics??

DanStat

Original Poster
Day Four

Day Four
Easter Sunday

Again, we had another late morning, but we got going. We woke up way after breakfast, so we just ate lunch at Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom. I loved our waitress! She was so nice, and very talkative! Her name was like Christine or something...she was from Massachussets (sp?).

My sister and I had pizza and fries. My dad had a Buffalo Chicken salad that looked very good. My mom had a hamburger. I'm a fan of Rainforest Cafe...and we don't have one here! :(

Then it was on to Animal Kingdom. We checked out the time board and the wait for Kilimanjaro Safaris was, get this! 10 minutes! We literally walked on! This is a rare treat, because once again, this is supposedly during one of the busiest times at WDW. There were lots of animals out, too! Has anyone seen the one-eyed ostrich! We've seen him 2 out of the past 3 years. We didn't see him this time.

After that, we walked over to It's Tough to be a Bug. We waited about 15 minutes there. There were tons of screaming kids in there! It was hard to hear because so many kids were screaming! I love that show, however!

Time for the scariest ride at Disney World: Dinosaur! Mission: SPACE is nothing, in my opinion, compared to Dinosaur. We waited 10 minutes to ride. Our picture was hilarious! We didn't buy it though because my head was chopped off! :lol:

After that we saw an unexpected show. This grown man was yelling at some other people's kids! I'm talking big time! It was right beside the entrance to Primeval Whirl. He was yelling so loud that some security people who were standing in Chester and Hester's heard him, and came running out. They took him away I think. That's so rude. Why would you ruin someone else's experience at the happiest place on earth?

We rode Primeval Whirl, with a 15 minute wait. Very rough ride! :hammer:

After that, we walked by the Expedition Everest site. Looks like they've got a lot done! I took some pictures, and will post them later.

My dad and sister went back to the hotel to ride a mouse boat, and my mom and I stayed back in Animal Kingdom to look at the gift shops. I was dissapointed with the lack of Animal Kingdom specific merchandise. I left with a shirt and two postcards.

Oh! We finally got surveyed! One of the researchers stopped my mom and I as we were walking out of Animal Kingdom! I couldn't beleive it! (Big woop, right!? :lol:)

We went back to the lodge, rested a while, and then headed to the Disney-MGM Studios.

Right as we were getting off of the bus, thunder cracked, lighting sparked, and rain began to pour. We made our way into a, guess what, gift shop, ;) and waited the storm out. We bought the coolest shirts, though! It's a Spring Break shirt. I'll take a picture of it! It's really cool.

The storm really cleared the park out! We walked on to the Great Movie Ride, and went to Rock'n'Rollercoaster and waited 15 minutes! We went to Tower of Terror and had the ominous "13" minute wait. Rode ToT twice that night.

After that, we left, and ate dinner at Wispering Canyon. This woman there had the stupidest haircut I had ever seen! I had seen her earlier at the pool, and she had stuffed her bathing suit! She was so nasty. I took a picture of her and her hair. It's funny!

I had a grilled cheese and fries, my sister and mom had chicken, and my dad had the all-you-can-eat skillet.

After that, we looked in the Merchantile again, and went back up to the room.

This was our last night at the Wilderness Lodge. Sad, indeed! :( :lol:

Day five...coming up next!

figmentmom

Re: Re: Re: Day Three

Originally posted by disneyprep50321
Yep! And the sad thing is...her parent's were with her; and were just as annoying! :lol:

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Glad you had such a good time overall, though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom