Disneyland's Tomorrowland vs Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland

Disneyland's Tomorrowland vs. Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
The last of the castle lands! Which is the better land, you think?

6925867850_3c0bc880ce_b.jpg
6279958454_4600fb70c4_b.jpg
1_Autopia_slide_edit.jpg
10162528714_9d476b3eb1_b.jpg
17378058912_ce53dc4798_b.jpg
15696031113_b993595008_b.jpg

Disneyland's Tomorrowland

11513527744_d709005c38_b.jpg
b099ad62f7611d63fcd411377f06849c.jpg
34438236054_95d0715582_b.jpg
indy-speedway-02.jpg
ASD-01192016+-+3.jpg
latest

Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland

Last edited:

NiarrNDisney

My pick is Magic Kingdom since it does have the original Space Mountain, Astro Orbiter is positioned high up on a tower instead of just sitting in the entrance of the land and the overall kinetics felt in the area with the much loved Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover. In a few years it will only be better once the Tron Lightcycles soar overhead and they figure out what to do with the pest Stitch.

Last edited:

ght

This one was tough because I like the attractions at DL better (SM, Autopia, Buzz are better than their WDW counterparts and I can ride Star Tours without having to take bus to get there) but as an overall land MK's gets the vote. I like the aesthetics there much more than I do at DL and having the Asto Orbiter up high where it belongs and the People Mover running gives the land kinetics that are greatly missing at the DL version (though I do like the submarine lagoon and the monorail at DL).

George Lucas on a Bench

If you were to combine elements of both, you might be on to something, but neither one comes together. WDW at least has COP and the Peoplemover. DL has a superior more charming car ride and the train ride through the Grand Canyon and Jurassic Park. Space Mountain the line is way better in Florida for the music and the 3D space windows that look like the ending shot of Star Trek II.

kevlightyear

This is the only land that I think is pretty clear cut. DL's tomorrowland seems like a neighborhood that everyone gave up on. People mover tracks are an obvious scar, rocket jets tower sits stationary, the Mary Blair murals were covered up, the Carousel Theater building has been a kludge since Innoventions, etc. Autopia admittedly beats the speedway for sure. Buzz and Space are both ties in my book. MK with Carousel of Progress and the People mover put it easily over the edge. And don't forget Sunny Eclipse!

BrianLo

Put another way... if they decided to level Disneyland's Tomorrowland outside Space Mountain and start over I don't think most of us would mind.

If they levelled Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland outside of Space Mountain we'd be ed about COP, Star Jets and the People Mover. Plus we'd lament the waste of budget on the flanking show buildings that are reasonably large and perfectly reusable.

Curious Constance

Put another way... if they decided to level Disneyland's Tomorrowland outside Space Mountain and start over I don't think most of us would mind.

If they levelled Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland outside of Space Mountain we'd be ****ed about COP, Star Jets and the People Mover. Plus we'd lament the waste of budget on the flanking show buildings that are reasonably large and perfectly reusable.
I have a really hard time believing Disney is keeping a Carousel of Progress up to be something worth keeping.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom