Disneyland, USA (VINTAGE/MUST WATCH)

Hattieboxghost110

Original Poster
I found a lil' gem that I would like to share with you that is DRIPPING with nostalgia. A Disneyland documentary entitled, "Disneyland, USA" that was released in theaters on December 20th, 1956.

It's interesting to watch a 1950's DL and see what has changed & what has stayed the same. Please share your own observations!

My observations:

-Where are the fat people? It's nice seeing so many fit human beings.
-Main Street Walkways actually look better now with the brickwork. It used to be red cement.
-Even though there has been a lot of changes, extensions, additions, and removals over the years, I feel the soul, vibe, and heart of Disneyland can still be experienced today.

TROR

I need this footage to be all digitally touched up to be in crisp HD and then have this place somewhere in the resort. Magic Eye Theater, Sunset Showcase, or the AMC, I don't care, but I want to watch this on a big screen.

Hattieboxghost110

Original Poster
I need this footage to be all digitally touched up to be in crisp HD and then have this place somewhere in the resort. Magic Eye Theater, Sunset Showcase, or the AMC, I don't care, but I want to watch this on a big screen.

I'm with you 100%.

TROR

You can get this on one of the Disney Treasures DVD sets - Disneyland: Secrets, Stories & Magic (it is not the one titled Disneyland U.S.A. despite what you'd think!) There is a commentary track from Tony Baxter and Leonard Maltin on it too, if you're into that kinda thing!
It's very affordable.

Screen Shot 2018-03-09 at 1.50.47 PM.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom