Disneyland Texas

S.I.R.90210

Original Poster
Hey there-
I'm new here and think the idea of creating our own Disney theme parks is a gret idea! My theory for a new park is Disneyland Texas. It will be just outside of San Antonio on 8,000 acres. There will be three theme parks, 5 hotels, a Downtown Disney area, a water park, and other recreational activities. More to come soon!

ImagineerFan04

welcome to wdwmagic.com S.I.R.90210 it's great to have a knew person on the imagineer board.

i always like to read other people's ideas for there version of a disney resort or for that matter any resort.

KentB3

Originally posted by S.I.R.90210
Hey there-
I'm new here and think the idea of creating our own Disney theme parks is a gret idea! My theory for a new park is Disneyland Texas. It will be just outside of San Antonio on 8,000 acres. There will be three theme parks, 5 hotels, a Downtown Disney area, a water park, and other recreational activities. More to come soon!

Your proposal sounds great! I'm currently in the middle of writing a Disney theme park proposal myself, and if you need feedback, I'll be sure to reply if I can think of any comments or suggestions!
It looks like you're off to a good start so far!

BTW, there has been a lot of talk here about putting the next Disney theme park in Texas, and it seems like there was even a rumor about this a while back. About ten years ago, there was a proposed park for Virginia in the D.C. area, with an America theme. However, this got nowhere; primarily due to obejctions about extra traffic in the area from some residents there, and from a problem that occured with Disneyland in Anaheim-- a huge urban sprawl quickly grew around the park, which Walt Disney hated. Therefore, if the Virginia park had been built, due to the large population in Virginia part of the D.C. metro area and not a large amount of land like the Orlando area, there would have been the same problem as Anaheim-- only MUCH worse!

BTW, my proposed park was built on a much smaller scale than yours-- on 1,200 acres of land as opposed to 8,000. 8,000 acres is a very good land area for your park, but the park I am planning is smaller since I was trying to turn it into another Walt Disney World. My park is not intended to be a substitute for WDW in Orlando, but as an additional park to visit, which is why I used less land. IIRC, Disneyland Anaheim is around 280 acres (inlcuding both theme parks, the hotels, parking lots, and the extra land owned by Disney that may be used for a 3rd park) WDW is on 43 acres of property (nearly 30,000 acres), and the soon-to-open park in Hong Kong wit sit on 310 acres of land.
Even though I decided on much less land for mine, for your theme park, I'd stick with the 8,000 acres; no more/no less.

As for location, you made a good choice-- in terms of weather and geography; although it's doubtful that Disney would build another theme park in the continental U.S. Hopefully you could change their minds! For my proposed Disney theme park, my first choice for the location is Hawaii if built in the U.S., and Australia if international. As for the castle, my first choice all along (and still is) is Cinderella's Castle-- since her story is my favorite of the characters who have castles, and as far as appearance and attractiveness, IMHO, none of the of the other Disney castle's can be Cinderella's! I even posted a poll about this, since I figured there would be objection to having the same castle as WDW in Orlando. The gang here voted on Beauty & the Beast castle for my park, which would be my second choice, and I used that one instead. Personally, Cinderella's would work in Australia, due to its distance and isolation from the other parks. Not sure about Hawaii or somewhere else in the U.S. As for myself, even though I've never been to WDW (but plan to go, hopefully, sometime soon!) or any other Disney theme parks, I have no objection to Cinderella's castle in more than one park myself!

Last but certainly not least, let me be the first to personally welcome you to WDWMagic Forums and the Imagineering Forum. I hope you enjoy it here, and I look forward to participating with you here! Have fun!

:)

KentB3

Re: Re: Disneyland Texas

Originally posted by KentB3
. Last but certainly not least, let me be the first to personally welcome you to WDWMagic Forums and the Imagineering Forum. I hope you enjoy it here, and I look forward to participating with you here! Have fun! :)

WHOOPS! I guess I was second instead of first! While I was typing my reply to your post, someone else posted their own welcome here for you!

Once again, I hope you enjoy it here, and good luck with your Disney theme park proposal! So far, mine is going great, and I hope the same goes for yours! :)

NemoRocks78

Seized
Hello and welcome S.I.R. 90210!

Your ideas are great, but I can not see Disney building a park so close to their own Walt Disney World. It's only an hour and a half flight to Houston. It is just to close, the only thing that seperates the two is the Gulf of Mexico. Branson, MO, seems like the better choice because it is a growing city and it would give Disney a park on the East Coast, the West Coast, and the Midwest.

SIR90210

Originally posted by NemoRocks78

Your ideas are great, but I can not see Disney building a park so close to their own Walt Disney World. It's only an hour and a half flight to Houston. It is just to close, the only thing that seperates the two is the Gulf of Mexico. Branson, MO, seems like the better choice because it is a growing city and it would give Disney a park on the East Coast, the West Coast, and the Midwest. ]

OK, Valid point. I'll take your idea into consideration. Also, I live in southern maryland and the disney VA park was supposed 10 times the size of DL. In the meantime, PRESS RELEASE SOON!

KentB3

Originally posted by SIR90210

Your ideas are great, but I can not see Disney building a park so close to their own Walt Disney World. It's only an hour and a half flight to Houston. It is just to close, the only thing that seperates the two is the Gulf of Mexico. Branson, MO, seems like the better choice because it is a growing city and it would give Disney a park on the East Coast, the West Coast, and the Midwest.

Not so sure about Branson. Branson is not terribly far from Orlando, and I'm not sure if the weather could keep it open year round. Also, I'm doubtful that another Disney park will be built in the U.S.; but then, who knows!

OK, Valid point. I'll take your idea into consideration. Also, I live in southern maryland and the disney VA park was supposed 10 times the size of DL. In the meantime, PRESS RELEASE SOON!

Where did you get this information? I'd really love to see this!

SIR90210

Where did you get this information? I'd really love to see this! [/B][/QUOTE]

It was in the Washington Post as part of a full page obit for the women who led the Haymarket Anti-Disney Fight. Her name was Annie something. I forget the date. They only said the property size, and no other info about the park, just a lot of stuff about her life. A waste of newsprint in reality. They should have said more about the park plans.

SIR90210

PRESS RELEASE!

DISNEY TO BUILD IN SAN ANTONIO
Burbank, CA; 1/27/2012
Recently instated Disney CEO Wing Chao announced earlier today that Disney's 3rd theme park will open in 2016 north of San Antonio near Hollywood Park. The property measures 8,000 acres and will include many amenities. There will be: Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, an unspecified third park, five unspecified hotels, the Boogie Woogie Beach Waterpark , Downtown Disney, and other recreational amenities. Disney estimates the cost of this project at 12.8 billion dollars by 2026. Disney will release more details soon.

SIR90210

No more press releases!

I cant write press releases! Normal format from now on! The three parks will be MK, AK, and The Disney Coaster Kingdom. The hotels will be the Grand Texan, Hotel Giza, Nations Resort, The Caribbean Villas, and Villa Venezia Resort. Downtown Disney is kinda hazy, the water park will be the Boogie Woogie Waterpark, and there will be a championship and minigolf courses. I would like people to take on various aspects of the project. I chose Coaster Kingdom.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Coaster Kingdom? No way. Disney would never do such a thing. Get a different idea.

And Animal Kingdom can not be done in Texas. The climate of Texas isn't really suitable for an AK park. Go with a MGM Studios or another idea.

SIR90210

Adjusted Park List!

The three theme parks will be as follows:

MAGIC KINGDOM
Main Street: USA
Fantasyland
Frontierland
Toontown
Tomorrowland
Adventureland
Discovery Cay
This will basically be the same old MK, with the addition of an aquatic themed land.

DISNEY STUDIOS TEXAS
Hollywood Promenade
Front Lot
Back Lot
Animation Courtyard
DST will have the largest movie studio on Earth outside of Hollywood, measuring 500 acres.

DISNEY'S WORLD SHOWCASE
American Adventure
Mexico
Canada
United Kingdom
France
Italy
China
Japan
Norway
Morocco
Germany
Switzerland
Congo
Australia
Brazil
Russia
Greece
Indonesia
Peru
This may sound like WS at EPCOT, but it's 7 nations bigger, has more rides, and is in it's own park.
I would like to have on person to be in charge of creating three lands and/or nations.

imagineer boy

Coaster Kingdom? No way. Disney would never do such a thing. Get a different idea.

And Animal Kingdom can not be done in Texas. The climate of Texas isn't really suitable for an AK park. Go with a MGM Studios or another idea.

I agree. Coaster Kingdom is a bad idea. I think that you should just stick with the Magic Kingdom because Disney never opens two theme parks at the same time. Too much money.

And guys, I'd really like to say somthing: I getting very tired if seeing new themepark ideas are just nothing but Studios clones. I'd like to see somthing new a different please.

SIR90210

Originally posted by imagineer boy
I agree. Coaster Kingdom is a bad idea. I think that you should just stick with the Magic Kingdom because Disney never opens two theme parks at the same time. Too much money.

And guys, I'd really like to say somthing: I getting very tired if seeing new themepark ideas are just nothing but Studios clones. I'd like to see somthing new a different please.

First of all, this will not, I repeat will not be a studios clone. It will be bigger,better, and easier to traverse. Second of all, MK will open, 5 years later, DST will open, and 5 years after that, WS will open.

The one person I have right now is NemoRocks78 with China, Switzerland, and Italy. All World Showcase nations will be on 660 foot squares (10 acres) they will all be angled so that they face World Showcase Lagoon. Any more takers? I will do Back Lot, Australia, and Discovery Cay.
Hotel descriptions are coming soon!

KentB3

Originally posted by SIR90210
First of all, this will not, I repeat will not be a studios clone. It will be bigger,better, and easier to traverse. Second of all, MK will open, 5 years later, DST will open, and 5 years after that, WS will open.

How will the studios park be designed to make it easier to traverse? Also, I can't imagine building a studios park as big as Animal Kingdom-- but then, what do I know; especially since I've never been to WDW or Hollywood for that matter!

The one person I have right now is NemoRocks78 with China, Switzerland, and Italy. All World Showcase nations will be on 660 foot squares (10 acres) they will all be angled so that they face World Showcase Lagoon. Any more takers? I will do Back Lot, Australia, and Discovery Cay.
Hotel descriptions are coming soon!

Sounds like you're off to a good start! I'm still working on my own Disney park proposal-- although only a fraction the size of your theme park resort. Not sure how World Showcase will hold up on its own (EPCOT's WS is combined with Future World), however it still sounds great! I might even add a World Showcase to my park, or something similar. Good luck with your Disneyland Texas project! I look forward to seeing the final product :)

SIR90210

Originally posted by KentB3
How will the studios park be designed to make it easier to traverse? Also, I can't imagine building a studios park as big as Animal Kingdom-- but then, what do I know; especially since I've never been to WDW or Hollywood for that matter!

Sounds like you're off to a good start! I'm still working on my own Disney park proposal-- although only a fraction the size of your theme park resort. Not sure how World Showcase will hold up on its own (EPCOT's WS is combined with Future World), however it still sounds great! I might even add a World Showcase to my park, or something similar. Good luck with your Disneyland Texas project! I look forward to seeing the final product :)

The theme park will only take up about 100 acres, but the studio part with all the soundstages will take up 480-500 acres. Currently, the outside of Hollywood record is held by USF at 450 acres, plus a theme park area. The park will be easier to traverse because I have a Light Year type system planned for this park. Disney originally planned WS to be its own park when EPCOT was still a city, so it's probably feasible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom