Disneyland Seoul - DD23 Secret Project

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
Hey gang, excited to announce I've been working off and on for a few months with Disney on a secret project that I am unofficially releasing to you early, Disneyland Seoul.

Haha, ok. Not really, of course, but I actually have been working on a park project when I've had the time and will be dropping regular content for it soon. It's still a work in progress, with a lot to do, especially as I find myself going back and tweaking things, or fiddling with new programs I come across.

Long story short, this started as solely an idea for an attraction/restaurant during GMR season 1, and over time to me pondering a land, then a park idea. Finally had some time to dig into it a little this summer. Instead of a park write up, I'm planning for full imagineering projects for every ride, shop , icon and detail of the park so there will be a lot to digest. I've got some things done, so hopefully can keep up a regular weeklyish drop of content.

Hope you all enjoy, and if not, well you better.

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
Statement released from Robert Iger…..

The Walt Disney Company has prided itself on bringing joy and excitement to children of all ages around the world, and for nearly 65 years, that mission has manifested itself in our theme parks starting with our original Disneyland Park in 1955. Over the years, our park presence has expanded from one coast of the United States to the other, and then onwards with new developments in Tokyo, Paris, Hong Kong and our most recent addition in Shanghai. Each with its own style, both unique and fan favorite attractions, but all the while, distinctly Disney.

As we continue looking towards the future, and finding new ways to make our parks accessible to Disney fans around the world, we are excited to announce the addition of our newest resort to the parks family, Disneyland Seoul.

Through our partnership with the Republic of Korea, we look forward to bringing Mickey to this great country while also bringing the world to Seoul. Having hosted two Olympic games in the last 31 years, South Korea is no stranger to most, but we hope this relationship and venture further opens up the country even more to experience the beautiful area and people for the first time.

Disneyland Seoul will mark our 4th destination in the Asian market and bring added access to our millions of fans across the continent. With a population of over 10 million, and a metro population of over 25m, there is a huge local market from which to draw, not to mention two major airports and a cruise dock in nearby Incheon.

With other Disney destinations only a 3-5 hour plane ride away, we have a tremendous opportunity to provide additional vacation experiences to fans. It will also enable us to explore new angles and new ideas for the park and attractions. From Mickey & Donald, to Chewy, Peter and one Incredible family and more, there will be something familiar and new for all.

It’s an exciting time for all of us at Disney as we embark on this brave new adventure. We’ll look forward to giving you a few more details about this journey at DD23 and will see you in Seoul in 2024.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Hey if you need any info on Korea or anything written in Korean let me know. My GF has been 4 times and fairly competent in Korean (Plus she is trying to become a translator so it's practice).
Plus I'm plying out to Seoul on December 31st so if you need any photos let me know!

I can't wait to see where you take this.

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
Hey if you need any info on Korea or anything written in Korean let me know. My GF has been 4 times and fairly competent in Korean (Plus she is trying to become a translator so it's practice).
Plus I'm plying out to Seoul on December 31st so if you need any photos let me know!

I can't wait to see where you take this.

Thank you sir. I appreciate that. Still a work in progress and I've found myself going back and changing some of the projects I have done the more I've gotten into it. Where it ends up, I have no idea. :)

What do you plan to do with Avengers Campus depending on Marvel’s popularity in Korea.

Initially, no plans for Marvel. That may change as I tweak as I go along and the park map I have is roughly fleshed out at this point. It's a tricky one with Marvel too as doing attractions for them is not the easiest in my opinion. DCA's spiderman looks a little weak to me, but that could change. Also, with this park smack in the middle of 3 others, trying to position it as a differently as possible for those park hoppers. Never say never though.

Not if Lorry and Lottie have anything to say about it!

Haha. There's room for all. Competition can be good for business.

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
Well, I'm semi back to this having abandoned after I just got started 4 months ago (and now joined SA6 - what was I thinking). The last 4 months have been well, interesting. About 3 days after Dewayne's tweet, my kitchen partially flood thanks to a major leak in the sink area. Dealing with that for 4-5 weeks, was followed by a nice 4 day trip to WDW in Oct for MNSSHP and SWGE, then an unexpected extended stay in the hospital. Capping an adventurous few months was a quick 48 hour trip back to WDW in early December where I got to go volunteer at Give Kids the World Village in Kissimmee (amazing place and group if you don't know about them) and then make a run at the Every Ride Challenge the next day with 20 or so folks from that community to raise money for the Village. Not quite the 50 or so we had in July, but still great fun and we kept raising money for the Village (almost 100k raised by our group in 2019). Managed to knock out 46 of 48 rides that day in a short 15 hour (short by challenge standards) park day. Needed 10-12 minutes to get in Astro Orbiter and in line for Space Mtn before park close. Pending openings/closures this spring and summer, already mapping out for what will likely be another big group fundraising day this summer and possibly 50-51 ride totals. Man that is going to be rough with Rat, Railway and Rise.

Anyway, back to Disneyland Seoul. I'll be giving all I've got to SA6, but still planning to drop the material I do have and keep working on more in the background. I've been spending some more time (finally able) with Planet Zoo and Planet Coaster the last few weeks, so hoping to incorporate some work there into the park presentation and any new cool things people show off during SA6.

Thanks for joining along, and hopefully enjoying this blue sky ride into Seoul (this is really a real project, I just have to act like it's not. You know, NDA and all).

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
I'm currently in seoul for the next 3 days than I'll be back for 3 more days a week after. If their are any photos or info you need let me know.

I would say use Kakao maps instead of Google Maps. It works better over here.

No kidding on the maps. Getting any kind of distances from airports, subway lines, etc was an adventure. Spent a ridiculous amount of time past summer looking through crap. Google earth chrome worked well for the park site, everything else was a struggle.

Where else in Korea are you venturing off to?

Voxel

President of Progress City

No kidding on the maps. Getting any kind of distances from airports, subway lines, etc was an adventure. Spent a ridiculous amount of time past summer looking through crap. Google earth chrome worked well for the park site, everything else was a struggle.

Where else in Korea are you venturing off to?
Kakao maps has its flaws but it is much easier to use in my opinion. Plus it shows then subway car systems really well.
Also there are a few subway expansions going on soo I'll find you a map showing them so you can have that info.

We were suppose to go to yeosu tomorrow but our airbnb canceled so I used my Marriot points to get a room near city hall.

On the 12th we are leaving to go to busan for a week and going to see some of the major cultural history sites.

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
Posting a Table of Contents of sorts here with eventual click links to all of the projects, data, etc. Still a work in progress with many attractions, dining, shops, etc. to be fleshed out.

Park Logo.jpg

Park Announcement
DD23 Presentation
Local
Resort wide

Lodging
Peoplelodger Resort
Resort 2

On site amenities
Shopping
Golf - Disney’s Red Pine Golf Course

Disneyland Seoul Park

Rapunzel's Castle
Tangled flat ride

Fantasyland
Londontown
Attractions
Peter Pan’s Voyage
101 Dalmations
Mary Poppins Flat Ride
Teacups
Queen of Hearts Dark Ride

Dining
Kensington’s
Mad Hatter’s Tea Shop

Shopping

France/Paris
Attractions
Ratatouille
3 Musketeers Dark Ride featuring Mickey, Donald & Goofy
Attraction

Dining
Gaston’s Pub

Shopping

Future Expansion
Germany

Sci-Fi Land
Attractions
Lunar Launch E ticket
Peoplemover

Dining

Shopping

Metroville
Attractions
Incredibles E Ticket
Violet/Dash flat ride

Dining
A la Mode

Shopping

Explorer's Cove
Attractions
Expedition Everest
Around the World in 80 days - a S.E.A adventure with Professor R. Blauerhimmel
Up

Dining

Shopping

Adventureland
Attractions
Jungle Book Cruise
Indiana Jones
Adventureland Theater - Moana

Dining

Shopping

Kashyyk
Attractions
E Ticket
C Ticket

Dining

Shopping

Night time show

Wish Upon A Star

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom