Disneyland Security vs Police

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I only have first hand experience with WDW, but I assume the information is still accurate.
  • Uniformed PD is generally not allowed onstage unless absolutely necessary. This goes all the way back to Walt, he just felt having uniformed and armed police officers roaming around the park broke the magic.
  • The undercover officers are Disney Security. They are everywhere. Look for the people who are dressed way comically touristy, carrying a large shopping or tote bag (for their equipment) and 90% of the time will have an earpiece. Their primary goal is catching pickpockets and shoplifters.
  • In my experience at WDW there are always uniformed officers nearby, but backstage. Their response time is minimal to anywhere in the park.
  • Access to the park (ticketing and anything to do with rules regarding admittance) is controlled by the park greeters, not security. Once a decision has been made security will fully enforce it however.

Thanks for the insight! Even finding a video on Youtube can be difficult. I guess they're pretty good at being discreet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom