News Disneyland Resort To Be A Major OC Vaccination Site-OCR

MarvelCharacterNerd

From the California, Open Your Golden Gate! File comes this unfortunate news.... :cool:

ANAHEIM, Calif. — The Orange County Health Care Agency is closing the mass vaccination drive-thru site at Disneyland due to wind.

The health care agency sent a tweet at 9:50 a.m. on Wednesday notifying the public of the closure.

This is the sixth or seventh time in the last two months that the Disneyland Vaccine Supersite has been closed due to inclement weather. Sometimes the closures last several days.

From the weather station a few blocks south of the Toy Story Parking Lot, these are the current weather conditions at 2:45pm:

Clear Skies - 86 degrees, RealFeel temperature of 82 degrees
7% Humidity
(You read that right, Floridians! Seven percent humidity.)
Winds from ENE at 2mph with last gust at 4mph

Wouldn't be surprised if this location closed entirely by the time the park reopens. I don't expect them to use the lot for the park - the garages should handle the reduced capacity - but it is extra traffic in the area and the Convention Center location is right nearby that they could expand the capacity and amazingly... not close for wind. :D

mickEblu

From the California, Open Your Golden Gate! File comes this unfortunate news.... :cool:

ANAHEIM, Calif. — The Orange County Health Care Agency is closing the mass vaccination drive-thru site at Disneyland due to wind.

The health care agency sent a tweet at 9:50 a.m. on Wednesday notifying the public of the closure.

This is the sixth or seventh time in the last two months that the Disneyland Vaccine Supersite has been closed due to inclement weather. Sometimes the closures last several days.

From the weather station a few blocks south of the Toy Story Parking Lot, these are the current weather conditions at 2:45pm:

Clear Skies - 86 degrees, RealFeel temperature of 82 degrees
7% Humidity
(You read that right, Floridians! Seven percent humidity.)
Winds from ENE at 2mph with last gust at 4mph

Phew! You scared me with that intro TP! I thought it was something worse like POTC not opening with the park or something.

Last edited:

TP2000

Wouldn't be surprised if this location closed entirely by the time the park reopens. I don't expect them to use the lot for the park - the garages should handle the reduced capacity - but it is extra traffic in the area and the Convention Center location is right nearby that they could expand the capacity and amazingly... not close for wind. :D

I agree.

This is not a location that is sustainable, as the kids say.

I know several posters earlier in this thread, a few months ago now, used their sizable brain trust to declare that Covid vaccines can only be safely administered in outdoor tents. And you certainly can't ask people to park in multi-level parking structures! But that's simply not the case, especially for the 45 or 46 other US states that don't have winter/spring weather conducive to outdoor operations for medical facilities.

It's time this Toy Story Lot Supersite got shut down. It is a hassle and a waste. It closes repeatedly at the slightest hint of a breeze or a drizzle, because us SoCal residents are notoriously wimpy when it comes to weather. And we haven't even gotten to summer heat and real Santa Ana winds yet.

Move it all indoors to the Anaheim Convention Center. This was a silly idea to start, and it's not working long-term.

Darkbeer1

I agree.

This is not a location that is sustainable, as the kids say.

I know several posters earlier in this thread, a few months ago now, used their sizable brain trust to declare that Covid vaccines can only be safely administered in outdoor tents. And you certainly can't ask people to park in multi-level parking structures! But that's simply not the case, especially for the 45 or 46 other US states that don't have winter/spring weather conducive to outdoor operations for medical facilities.

It's time this Toy Story Lot Supersite got shut down. It is a hassle and a waste. It closes repeatedly at the slightest hint of a breeze or a drizzle, because us SoCal residents are notoriously wimpy when it comes to weather. And we haven't even gotten to summer heat and real Santa Ana winds yet.

Move it all indoors to the Anaheim Convention Center. This was a silly idea to start, and it's not working long-term.

Up here at Six Flags Magic Mountain, The Thrill Capital of the World!, their main guest parking lot has three main sections, each about the same size. The Front third is being used for guest parking.

But the other two are a major drive thru vaccination site. Up front, half the toll booths are for park guests (left), while the right side is for those getting the vaccine.

It is set up in three parks (You get a great view from Goliath's lift hill), first part is queues, middle section is a series of tents where folks get the actual shot. Last section is the 15 minute waiting area. Looks like they do it in waves. So a decent set of cars park, and after 15 or more minutes, they are allowed to leave.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom