Disneyland Project/Rumor Tracker

MK-fan

What is going g on with the new Tomorrowland entrance? Construction started in 2019 and the lockdown slowed things down but we already coming into 2024 and still no progress or timeframe for completion. I can’t imagine this being very expensive so why not just finish it? Avengers Campus and Snow White’s Enchanted wish continued progress after the lockdown but why not this? The new concept art is still there in the planter so it seems to still be a go, will it just stay this way?
1694883876221.jpeg

This is the current state:
IMG_0276.jpeg

Last edited:

BasiltheBatLord

Original Poster
Updating after a long time, I'm sure I've missed something so please let me know.

Updates
  • Added Fantasmic! 3.0 to Disneyland section
  • Added new entry gates to Resort-wide/Hotels section
  • Added Pixar Place Hotel opening date
  • Added Avatar at DCA miscommunication/slip up from last November.
  • Removed Adventureland Treehouse due to completion
  • Removed Disneyland Hotel Villas due to completion

Gusey

I would assume the new Tomorrowland entrance has been canceled by TDA. Someone really needs to remove that badly faded concept art from the walls around the equipment house.

If someone defaced the concept art, would Disney replace it?
Disney cleaned the concept art in December:

MK-fan

I would assume the new Tomorrowland entrance has been canceled by TDA. Someone really needs to remove that badly faded concept art from the walls around the equipment house.

If someone defaced the concept art, would Disney replace it?
I think they replaced the faded one with a new one. A vlogger noted it and they changed it a couple days later. Still doesn’t change the fact that they’re not gonna finish it.

Phroobar

I think they replaced the faded one with a new one. A vlogger noted it and they changed it a couple days later. Still doesn’t change the fact that they’re not gonna finish it.
Thank the Mouse they fixed the sign. That was embarrassing. Granted it will never ever going to look like that.

MK-fan

New Tomorrowland for Disneyland is in the works at WDI.
I’m sorry to say this is a pipe dream, there have been countless times this has been mentioned over the years but to no avail, nothing happens or gets announced. Disney sees that if ain’t broke don’t fix it plus there is no possible way to get rid of many of the aspects of Tomorrowland due to the PeopleMover infrastructure. If they’re is something “in the works” it is very minimal.

Nland316

I’m sorry to say this is a pipe dream, there have been countless times this has been mentioned over the years but to no avail, nothing happens or gets announced. Disney sees that if ain’t broke don’t fix it plus there is no possible way to get rid of many of the aspects of Tomorrowland due to the PeopleMover infrastructure. If they’re is something “in the works” it is very minimal.
I actually do think it’s been in the works on a more serious/credible level more than previous years have indicated. I have no insight but insiders here have confirmed it on varying levels around the last D23 when the PM rumors were floating around. Specifically @marni1971 and @GiveMeTheMusic who have quality reps.

Frustratingly it is one of those things I won’t believe until I see either, and I’m really not sure to what extent a redo would entail, but it very much sounds like a legit project actively being worked on to some degree in Glendale.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I actually do think it’s been in the works on a more serious/credible level more than previous years have indicated. I have no insight but insiders here have confirmed it on varying levels around the last D23 when the PM rumors were floating around. Specifically @marni1971 and @GiveMeTheMusic who have quality reps.

Frustratingly it is one of those things I won’t believe until I see either, and I’m really not sure to what extent a redo would entail, but it very much sounds like a legit project actively being worked on to some degree in Glendale.
I have a feeling its been put on hold until they can get a TL plan greenlit. As @GiveMeTheMusic even indicated they have been real close to pulling the trigger and announcing the TL redo a few times including the most recent Destination D23.

So we'll see if they have more information on it later this summer at D23.

SweetDuffy101

From what I heard/read allegedly, That the Tomorrowland renovation project was a big project inside WDI with 3 parks(Magic kingdom, Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland) simultaneously being worked on.

Of course you can take this as a grain of salt but the main thing about this project is Tomorrowland is being considered to be next big project at Disney parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom