News Disneyland Magic Key Program (all pass types will be available to purchase beginning March 5, 2024)

el_super

There will be no block out dates for the Dream Key, but reservations may be unavailable based on crowds and reservations are required for entry.

So if they limit the number of passholder reservations available, you could potentially buy a pass in order to go every Saturday, and only get half of those based on availability? That seems legally... kinda questionable....

SoCalDisneyLover

This ain't remotely bad. The big key to all of this is the reservation system and how will Disney manage i.e. what are the attendance caps. Parking will still be a killer for anyone below the Dream Key. The other big question will be if monthly payments will be available.
I'm curious about the blockout dates. One thing I liked about the Flex pass, was I could go on weekends. It might be more like the Deluxe now on the lower passes, meaning lots of Saturday blockouts during the summer, and no holidays.

SoCalDisneyLover

So if they limit the number of passholder reservations available, you could potentially buy a pass in order to go every Saturday, and only get half of those based on availability? That seems legally... kinda questionable....
With reservations, there's no way around this eventuality. The early bird gets the worm, so use your # of reservations wisely.

SoCalDisneyLover

This ain't remotely bad. The big key to all of this is the reservation system and how will Disney manage i.e. what are the attendance caps. Parking will still be a killer for anyone below the Dream Key. The other big question will be if monthly payments will be available.
Well, considering Flex had no parking option, and parking could not be added to any of the lower passes, unless you were grandfathered in, that's no difference.

mikenatcity1

Here's what has come Mike's way -

"Dream Key – $1399
The Dream Key is the highest tier and the only tier that includes parking. In addition, the Dream Key will include 6 reservations at a time, booked 90 days in advance. There will be 20% off of merchandise in this tier and 15% off select food and beverages. There will be no block out dates for the Dream Key, but reservations may be unavailable based on crowds and reservations are required for entry.

Believe Key – $949
The Believe Key is the second-highest tier and includes 50% off of theme park parking. The Believe Key will include 10% off of merchandise and 10% off of select food and beverages. The Believe Key will include 6 reservations at a time. There will be blockout dates on some days of the year.

Enchant Key – $699
The Enchant Key is the second-lowest tier and includes up to four theme park reservations at a time. The Enchant Key will include 10% off of food, beverages, and merchandise. There will be more blockouts than the Believe Key.

Imagine Key – $399
The Imagine Key is the lowest tier pass and will allow Magic Key holders to hold up to 2 theme park reservations at a time. Just like the Enchnant and Imagine Keys, the Imagine Key will include 10% discounts.

All tiers will be required to make theme park reservations, which can be made up to 90 days in advance."

If this is it, this is far better than people are dreading (myself included)...I could easily do this and be happy!

el_super

With reservations, there's no way around this eventuality. The early bird gets the worm, so use your # of reservations wisely.

I suppose so, and I suppose in time people will find the workarounds to the system, just like the boarding groups. It would be funny if people had to be up at 3AM 90 days before in order to get the prime days.

I know some Cast Members who have been complaining about not being able to get any reservations for the Main Entrance passes because they are constantly booked, and support groups have formed of people trying to trade specific dates. It has been described as anything but pleasant.

CaptinEO

My predictions:

Mic-Key: $2999 includes one soda a day and admission 12 times a year with reservations and 1 dollar off parking, 5% off dining

My-Key Wazowski: $1400 admission 10 times a year with reservations and 50 cents off parking, 1% off merchandise

So Cal Pass: $299 show up any weekday you want, no reservation needed, 10 cents off parking and 1 penny off all merchandise and food purchases

In all seriousness I do fully bet that once again the weekday pass will be stupidly cheap, making those days miserable as always.

Tamandua

what was the point of getting rid of the AP program then? this is the AP program with a different name and reservations required
The point of getting rid of the AP program was to flush out all the APs so that they could charge full price as long as demand allowed it. They had to rename it so that it wouldn't seem like they just pushed out passholders temporarily when they should have been entitled to go.

Stevek

I don't see any of the $2,000+ passes people were freaking out about. And I see a cheap under $500 pass still being offered.
People were freaking out over speculation. Nobody knew, including whomever posted the 12/24/36/48/52 rumor. But keep in mind, what is posted is just a rumor as well.

Stevek

what was the point of getting rid of the AP program then? this is the AP program with a different name and reservations required
100% Crowd control. Disney limited people previously based on blockout dates. Now they have both blockout dates and can limit the number of reservations on any day as needed.

CaptinEO

People paid for the benefit of visiting whenever they wanted (besides flex pass). Removing that benefit due to reservations being required wouldnt make sense based on the tiers they had.

Heck the Flexpass had less blackouts than the Deluxe Pass, despite being cheaper.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom