News Disneyland Magic Key Program (all pass types will be available to purchase beginning March 5, 2024)

MK-fan

So I’m reading reports that Disneyland will return to full capacity on May 1st, does this mean that more dates will open up for Magic key pass holders to make reservations?

AJFireman

So I’m reading reports that Disneyland will return to full capacity on May 1st, does this mean that more dates will open up for Magic key pass holders to make reservations?
I did see those reports and checked and saw days that I was watching that were previously full had availability. Specifically May 4 - 8 all had availability yesterday including other weekend days so I got the reservations I needed. I see now that is full again . I saw some reports on Disney News sites other then the blocked one claim it was Front Gate CMs making the statements. I do not generally trust floor CMs because they are not given the info unless Disneyland wants it to or aleady has made it public knowledge.

I will say that there has been other times when a block of Reservations are released and all of sudden there is more availability for whatever reason sometimes being increased capacity. Does this mean full capacity I dont think so but could be just someone seeing that and starting a rumor.

On April 1st there was a article in the OCRegister with statements form Ken Potrock that they were still a year away from returning to pre pandemic levels. Excerpts from the article:
---------------
With the one-year anniversary of Disneyland and DCA’s triumphant return in late April 2021 fast approaching, Potrock said the theme park resort has only just reached the halfway point of an extended phased reopening with another year needed before operations fully return to pre-pandemic levels.
“We’ve embarked on this legendary comeback,” Potrock said. “We’re more than halfway through it, but we’ve got another year.”-
-------------------------
“We’re still not staffed up all the way,” Potrock said. “We are hiring every single week.”
In addition to bringing back a majority of the pre-pandemic staff, Disneyland has hired about 10,000 new employees.
“We’re never going to be back to where we were until those 10,000 people truly have it in their DNA as to what their role and what their mission is as we begin to go forward,” Potrock said.
---------------------------

So in 2 weeks did Disneyland's President say heck lets just go full open see what happens? It did say at the end of the article Potrock would be giving a presentation this month on the State of the Disneyland Resort. "We’ll be able to announce a bunch of things that are continued improvements, opportunities and experiences,” Potrock said. “We’re going to talk about the impact that we’re having on the community and how we’re using our economic engine to rev up the economy here in Orange County and Anaheim in particular.” It did not say where or to whom the presentation would be made to.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Reports on Twitter that Disneyland will not be allowing renewals of the Dream and Believe Magic Keys. I'll keep digging and see if I can track down the full source. Edit: Posted on the site that shall not be named.

There is a part of me that is struggling with this...why would Disney not allow renewals? Are they just trying to push everyone down to the lower tier passes to clog up the parks on weekdays and make them more "tourist friendly" on weekends?
There's already a thread for this and the explanation behind it.

AJFireman

Looks like they had another grouping of reservations open up yesterday. I noticed yesterday Morning that reservations where full for the rest of the month other then a couple of random days for DCA. Then later in the day May 16th until the End of the month both parks where available. Also the same was done today about an hour ago with single and Multi Day tickets. Looks like another increase in capacity.

mickEblu

Different pass types? I guess the program is being reworked huh. The writing has been on the wall. Wonder how extensive that is. It could be just a little price increase and some more legal verbiage in regards to the reservation system or brand new tiers with different perks/ pricing structure etc.

Then again who is Carlye? I don’t see any link to an official announcement

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Different pass types? I guess the program is being reworked huh. The writing has been on the wall. Wonder how extensive that is. It could be just a little price increase and some more legal verbiage in regards to the reservation system or brand new tiers with different perks/ pricing structure etc.

She writes travel articles for trade magazines/websites. She usually gets the 'media package' whenever Disney is announcing anything. And she usually gets her follow-up questions answered from Disney.

Stevek

Not a fan of hers but she tends to have some accurate info. The official DL site shows currently unavailable for all as well. Isn't surprising for a couple reasons. 1) the lawsuit, I'm sure Disney will need to work on some new wording or perhaps roll out a new plan 2) parks are packed. They may have hit a cap and are waiting to see how renewals come in before putting any on sale again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom