News Disneyland Magic Key Program (all pass types will be available to purchase beginning March 5, 2024)

Parteecia

I’ve seen folks say they’re not getting a pass/not going to renew, only to turn around and do just that.
It's really funny how people will act disgusted at the company but throw money at them. Not saying you can't go there, enjoy, and also be critical at the same time.
Me! Me! Not the first time I've changed my mind or acted in a contradictory or impulsive fashion. I'll bet not the last.

Rather than get a cheaper one day ticket to see how things are now, I decided to go for a far more expensive lesson. Mostly because I hate to pay separately for parking. Lol, I know I don't make sense.

mickEblu

Me! Me! Not the first time I've changed my mind or acted in a contradictory or impulsive fashion. I'll bet not the last.

Rather than get a cheaper one day ticket to see how things are now, I decided to go for a far more expensive lesson. Mostly because I hate to pay separately for parking. Lol, I know I don't make sense.

Lol you don’t really owe anyone an explanation. We’ve all changed our opinion or contradicted ourselves and then use whatever justification necessary. I have. The people you are quoting have, one time in a particularly hilarious fashion. The act of typing an opinion on a message board doesn’t mean you need to stay held to that same opinion for eternity. You could sit down with a group of friends having a debate on a topic and change your mind in minutes or by the end of that conversation. Let alone over the span of months and years talking about the same subject in a chat room.

Last edited:

CaptinEO

That's ok! I legitimately know people who call the keys a rip off while owning keys. People change their mind all the time. How has the key worked out for you and hopefully you get good value.

I'm only ranting because the product I used to buy no longer exists lol.

CaptinEO

I hate paying for parking so much, I always get passes that cover it. It's just the principle of paying money to put your car somewhere that you are doing business with already that bugs me.

Californian Elitist

You don’t have to explain yourself! It’s your money, you can do whatever you want with it.

To be clear, I’m speaking for myself and not others.

J4546

just got my key after leaving the wait screen on overnight. Bought the cheapest Ca resident pass because i live here and if I go to the parks 3+ times in a year it pays for itself. its 180 up front which is the cost of a single park hopper ticket, and then 22 a month after which is basically nothing. Good deal imo. Lots of blocked out dates, holidays, weekends, and summer peak months which is great for me cause I dont go to or want to go to the parks in the summer month, or on weekends.

Vegas Disney Fan

Correct. I’ve been saying the saying the same thing. Disney is having guests pay more for less benefits, and people are STILL waiting in line long lines and handing over their money for these passes. I’ve seen folks say they’re not getting a pass/not going to renew, only to turn around and do just that. My best friend and I always talk about the decline in the parks, but she tells me yesterday that she’s planning to get a pass.🤔

I hate to say it but Disneyland isn’t worth it without having some type of discount like the Keys.

We’ve had APs for a decade and averaged probably 9 weekends a year, we gave up our keys in August with the intention of “only” going once every 3-4 months, and then realized day tickets are so expensive we can’t justify paying them.

For us it was either buy Keys, to get back into a price range we feel is worth it, or accept we aren’t going anymore. Chapek and Co are crazy if they think we’re paying $200 a day each because the parks simply aren’t worth that price (to us).

I think the success of the keys (and APs before that) is due to the less for more philosophy. They want people paying full price but they aren’t providing a product worth paying full price.

We still only plan on going once every 3-4 months, largely because the changes have made the parks less enjoyable, but now we’ll be doing park hoppers at $100 a day instead of $200 day, which is what we feel the parks are worth.

Californian Elitist

I hate to say it but Disneyland isn’t worth it without having some type of discount like the Keys.

We’ve had APs for a decade and averaged probably 9 weekends a year, we gave up our keys in August with the intention of “only” going once every 3-4 months, and then realized day tickets are so expensive we can’t justify paying them.

For us it was either buy Keys, to get back into a price range we feel is worth it, or accept we aren’t going anymore. Chapek and Co are crazy if they think we’re paying $200 a day each because the parks simply aren’t worth that price (to us).

I think the success of the keys (and APs before that) is due to the less for more philosophy. They want people paying full price but they aren’t providing a product worth paying full price.

We still only plan on going once every 3-4 months, largely because the changes have made the parks less enjoyable, but now we’ll be doing park hoppers at $100 a day instead of $200 day, which is what we feel the parks are worth.
Disneyland isn’t worth it at all, pass or not. As long as I can help it, I’m only going if my ticket is comped. At least for now. I went for the first time in nearly three years last month, and while I had fun, I was appalled by the crowds, lines, Genie+, and mobile ordering. I can’t imagine dealing with that multiple times per year. Realistically, depending on the plans, I only see myself going multiple times during the year 2030, when DL turns 75.

Chapek and crew have altered the experience enough for it to nearly be ruined for me. Therefore, instead of going and complaining, I won’t go at all. I will continue to keep up with what’s happening, but the Mouse House won’t be getting even a smidge of what I was giving him a few years ago. With that said, I’m happy that you’re pleased with your purchase and hope you and your family have fun during your visits.

Vegas Disney Fan

Imagine is now sold out. Only the most expensive key is still available, and I'm sure that will be gone soon as well.

Looks like I'll be waiting another year until they're for sale again.

Interesting that last year the Dream key was the first to sell out and this year it’s the last, looks like people are still speaking with their wallet, they’re just doing it by buying the cheaper passes.

SoCalDisneyLover

It used to be that you could use a regular ticket, and convert it to an AP at the end of your visit. Looks like those days are long gone, and now you basically have 24 hours to purchase a Key, otherwise you will wait 6-12 months for the opportunity to arise again.

I really enjoyed and got great use out of my $600 Flex Pass for the 9 months I had it in 2019-'20, but now it's approaching 3 years since I visited Disneyland, and they got my money. The way things seem to be, it may be another 3 years before I go back. I did expect a lot of demand after the 1 year closure, but admittedly, I'm surprised that it's still so high.

It's crazy that less than 3 years ago, there was Never a time when you could not get an AP, and now you have a 24 hour window once a year.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
According to the Disneyland website, the Inspire Magic Key is no longer available for new purchases.

All Magic Keys are still available for renewal.

Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 7.41.26 PM.png

dmeets

I'm guessing next year will be an enormous price hike, now that people will be stirred into a FOMO panic. "No time to think twice about that $2,000 pass, the queue's already at 12 hours!"

TP2000

I don't know whether to laugh at them, or cry for them. 🤔

The Disneyland Resort stopped selling annual passes on Thursday, Nov. 17, just a day after it resumed selling the passes following a six-month hiatus.

On Wednesday, Disneyland announced that people who didn’t currently have annual passes could buy the Inspire Key for $1,599. the Believe Key for $1,099 or the Imagine Key (available only to Southern California residents) for $449. Over the course of a few hours Thursday, the company paused sales of the Believe, Imagine and Inspire keys in quick succession.

Guests who already have Magic Key passes may renew them if their pass is more than 30 days from expiring, but passes are no longer available to new customers.

“While we know this will be disappointing news to Disneyland fans, it’s important that we help protect the experience for Magic Key holders and the value those passes provide,” Disneyland officials said in a statement.

waltography

I find it hilarious that 1. it sounds like at the rate folks were being pulsed through the queue (some people pushing 12-15 hours !!!), they were only selling tens or maybe low hundreds of passes at a time; and 2. you could completely bypass the wait with the right link. It seems like they really only sold whatever amount didn't renew and left it at that.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
I'm convinced they didn't want to sell passes in the first place. They made the consumer jump through several hoops, within flippin 1 day, just for the chance to buy a key (within a 10 min window).

They mightve done it to gauge interest? Idk but if I was a consumer who wanted one, I'd be, yet again, furious at Disney.

CaptinEO

All this proves is that the passes are underpriced. Not that they are on this board. But all the "Disney is doomed" folks have to look at this and realize how high demand is even a product like "Magic Keys".

How much will they go up? 40%? Selling out in 24 hours is nuts. Their accounting people are probably kicking themselves for not raising prices before they went back on sale.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom