Disneyland Holiday Overlay?

topgun6566

Original Poster
I'm looking to take a trip out to Disneyland at the end of October. Will all of the holiday overlays (Haunted Mansion, Small world, etc) be up? What is the exact date for these to be in place?

TP2000

Disneyland celebrates Halloween before they celebrate Christmas. In late October you will have the two Halloween overlays; Haunted Mansion Nightmare Before Christmas and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy.

The Christmas themed overlays don't open until around the second week in November; Jingle Cruise and It's A Small World Holiday. Haunted Mansion is the exception, as that overlay straddles both Halloween and Christmas. Both of the Anaheim parks are entirely decorated for Christmas, all lands and all areas. Unlike the WDW parks that only put up modest decorations at the entrances or on Main Street USA and the Castle and then call it done.

Disneyland and DCA at Christmastime is truly spectacular. There's no real point of reference for it at the modestly decorated WDW parks.

GiveMeTheMusic

As @TP2000 stated, small world and Jungle Cruise overlays will not be in place in late October, however those attractions usually close before October is over to start their transformations. Arriving after October 20 means you will risk not having small world or Jungle Cruise available at all.

Annoyingly enough, the Castle Christmas overlay usually starts in pieces before October is over as well, resulting in snow on the Castle by Halloween night. A ludicrous scenario, but they do it every year.

Curious Constance

As @TP2000 stated, small world and Jungle Cruise overlays will not be in place in late October, however those attractions usually close before October is over to start their transformations. Arriving after October 20 means you will risk not having small world or Jungle Cruise available at all.

Annoyingly enough, the Castle Christmas overlay usually starts in pieces before October is over as well, resulting in snow on the Castle by Halloween night. A ludicrous scenario, but they do it every year.

Do you think they will bring Ghost Galaxy back this year or leave Hyperspace Mountain?

Phroobar

I guess it depends if they take a day or two to switch over to Ghost Galaxy or just keep Hyperspace going. I don't think there is anything physical to do besides just switch out AV tracks.

Twilight_Roxas

I'm curious if the Holiday fireworks is going to use the mapping projections on Sleeping Beauty's Castle like Disneyland Forever, and Halloween Screams.

R W B

Disneyland celebrates Halloween before they celebrate Christmas. In late October you will have the two Halloween overlays; Haunted Mansion Nightmare Before Christmas and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy.

The Christmas themed overlays don't open until around the second week in November; Jingle Cruise and It's A Small World Holiday. Haunted Mansion is the exception, as that overlay straddles both Halloween and Christmas. Both of the Anaheim parks are entirely decorated for Christmas, all lands and all areas. Unlike the WDW parks that only put up modest decorations at the entrances or on Main Street USA and the Castle and then call it done.

Disneyland and DCA at Christmastime is truly spectacular. There's no real point of reference for it at the modestly decorated WDW parks.
My fiancé & I are taking our first trip to DLR this December and this was one of the things Ive wanted to look, the xmas decorations. Really happy to hear the parks are better then WDW parks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom