Disneyland Disses Second Dissident Author

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yes, his tour was totally free. The manager seemed hellbent on kicking him out. Seems as though they are on some kind of misguided crusade these days... I personally don't care that Jim Hill got the boot, but Mr. Koenig has done some very nice writing about Disney's signature park.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
more than likely as free publicity for his books.

either that... or he's just a REALLY nice guy

Woody13

mkt said:
more than likely as free publicity for his books.

either that... or he's just a REALLY nice guy

Since he only had 9 people on the tour, do you think he may have said to them, "Hey guys if Disney Security asks you if you paid any money for this tour or this 1950's gudiemap, just say "No"?

After all, he said in the article that he was prepared to pull a "Spartacus", therefore, he's not beyond lying.

ogryn

I think I remember it being advertised way before the tour took place, that if you went to his book signing at DTD, then he'd give you a free tour...

ToTBellHop

This is still Disney's prerogative, even if Koenig is much better than Mr. Hill. Disneyland's official policy is that no non-CMs may give tours, as they stated for CNN yesterday.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Woody13 said:
Since he only had 9 people on the tour, do you think he may have said to them, "Hey guys if Disney Security asks you if you paid any money for this tour or this 1950's gudiemap, just say "No"?

After all, he said in the article that he was prepared to pull a "Spartacus", therefore, he's not beyond lying.

I believe the tours was a "Thank You" for some of the people who bought his book at a local book signing.

It's definitely Disney's perogative whether or not to kick people out, but it's such a touchy subject lately...

GaryT977

I don't have any problem with Disney's position on this. It's private property after all, and they don't have to let anyone in they don't want to. They should probably give a refund if they kick someone like that out, tho.

Woody13

HauntedPirate said:
I believe the tours was a "Thank You" for some of the people who bought his book at a local book signing.

That's what I was thinking too. So, in reality, the tour was not really free.

boo52

He should have just gave his tour speaking in portuguise and holding up a flag. They would have been non the wiser.

Snapper Bean

GaryT977 said:
I don't have any problem with Disney's position on this. It's private property after all, and they don't have to let anyone in they don't want to. They should probably give a refund if they kick someone like that out, tho.

I agree with this. Even if he wasn't charging for the tour per se, it appears that the tour was part of a commercial purpose (related to his book). Disney shouldn't have to accomodate other people trying to make money on their property.

Snapper Bean

cherrynegra

Well, I'm curious to know if they're going to go after all "tour guides." Even the ones from foreign countries with their little flags. What was most telling to me is the part of the article where people who spoke languages other than English would overhear the foreign guides give misinformation and pure made up stories about the park. Walt buried under the flagpole?? Walt frozen somewhere? Seems to me that's a lot more harmful to your company than any story Jim or David would give. :lol:

And if you're going to go after guides giving tours, free or not, then be fair about it and go after everyone. They all have a financial interest one way or another. Don't just single out those you don't like and play stupid with the rest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom