Disneyland brings back Hyperspace Mountain coaster overlay for May the Fourth celebration - OCR/SCNG

Darkbeer1

Original Poster

>>Disneyland will bring back the popular Hyperspace Mountain roller coaster overlay and march a legion of stormtroopers into Tomorrowland to celebrate May the Fourth, the unofficial Star Wars holiday.

The May the Fourth event kicks off a countdown celebration leading up to the May 31 debut of the highly anticipated new Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge themed land at the Anaheim theme park.<<

>>Tomorrowland’s Galactic Grill will serve a Star Wars-inspired Dark Side chicken sandwich while Alien Pizza Planet will offer Outer Rim Pasta as part of the celebration.

Star Wars novelty steins, sipper cups and popcorn buckets will also be sold during the event. Limited edition May the Fourth pins will be available in Star Trader shop and the Star Wars Launch Bay attraction.

First Order and Resistance photo opportunities will be set up in Tomorrowland’s former Starcade video game arcade.

Disneyland did not announce dates or times for the May the Fourth event — a play on “May the Force be with you” — promising more details later this week.<<

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No

Darkbeer1

Original Poster

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
there's no way they're leaving an attraction overlay up for two days...

Why not? The overlay is just digital/electronic. Change the music, projections and other effects. Use temporary signage, aka the large cardboard signs in a metal frame that states the limited engagement. Sunday after close, switch it back.

They did this for Grad Nites, regular during the day, and switched between closing and the Grad Nite.

VJ

Why not? The overlay is just digital/electronic. Change the music, projections and other effects. Use temporary signage, aka the large cardboard signs in a metal frame that states the limited engagement. Sunday after close, switch it back.

They did this for Grad Nites, regular during the day, and switched between closing and the Grad Nite.
the on-ride stuff is one thing, but if they're gonna bring out the "hyperspace mountain" sign, put it up and then take it down after two days, i'm gonna be really surprised

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
the on-ride stuff is one thing, but if they're gonna bring out the "hyperspace mountain" sign, put it up and then take it down after two days, i'm gonna be really surprised

Who said they are? The newspaper used stock photos from the past, a great visual for the article, but not a reflection of the 2019 version.

fctiger

Crazy enough I've never done this at DL (and live 25 mins away) but did it for the first time at Hong Kong last May. I really did like it a lot. It was a lot of fun. But I can understand why it would bother people who want the original back. At Hong Kong, it seems to be a permanent fixture there now.

I probably won't be back at the resort until I do my reservation for Galaxy Edge next month but if they do keep it (and don't be too shocked they do) I'll definitely get one ride in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom