Disneyland Australia: A Dream Resort

DisneyManOne

Small-ish update today, but a fulfilling one nonetheless. If you're just joining us, please refer to Part One found on Page 2. As always, feedback is what keeps me going! Likes, comments, you name it.

Disneyland Australia

“I love the nostalgic myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past.”- Walt Disney

In the design of our Magic Kingdom, everything is a form of storytelling. We, the audience, will physically experience one adventure after the next, seldom as spectators, but almost always as “participants” in the drama. In contrast to the county fair or carnival known the world over, Disneyland Australia, or “DLA,” is a seamless, thematic epic. This perfect blend of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy is in favor of the wild animals, alien creatures, and storybook castles found beyond the Main Gate.

Inspired by the unrealized concept for “WESTCot Center” and the Disneyland Resort, Disneyland Australia is a remarkable design in immersion and focus on the Guest Experience. The idea sought to bring Walt Disney World and Disneyland into the 21st Century; the most detailed, fully realized theme park in history, rivaled only by that of Tokyo DisneySea.

“Many of us fondly remember our small hometown and its friendly way of life at the turn of the century. To me, this era represents an important part of our nation’s heritage. On Main Street we have endeavored to recapture those by-gone days.” - Walt Disney

H8OamIo_gfFRDBaBr0154WTmSAsvxQzX8lgmIlG5WEZ1_WffY8sD0oowb8Mhu6CIjCa_YB3eQNGznCiyNCU8VnVywFTG-759DIFTP1gl1ymNVgzw0ftqD3BvNzeOWuPf9qSp_ynH

zRmdSWLc_or-syRn5O1tIYd6Y3P9Vb1F6qaK4YiJU3Chy59ITZY5HRr8d2f6BIWADE4Ly3rL_dOgxVS-2OdWeAEfmY9eA2qaV_0J6IwXSkt5A47UY8WZJnyOvJ7B6UPcqPfuH_Pd

“Scene Two” is World Bazaar, where a dramatic blend of architecture and “vision” from around the world fill the promise of our expected “Main Street.” Here is a collage of color, music, the exotic and the familiar; a marketplace of 1,001 Arabian Nights; a postcard of Italy’s Grand Canal; the bustle and light of old Manhattan. The adventure and discovery of James Cook, Lewis and Clark, Marco Polo, and Zheng He are retold amid the soaring towers and thatched merchant stalls of this patchwork marketplace; an avenue of mystery and beginning in a world of magic.

GDTJDzinp0ED4LpR4_VOJpIgC_6lXGg0nxNIdHfNwVDYBYmX6xFa5wnsTMv6KKgaWub54_Fi3zVg4g8wPDMTSQpgAksAX5LZE9mBhjus5FrHjxhP6SI2aAdyz7JRywHIh3XFc2B-

But remarkably, the entrance of World Bazaar and this Magic Kingdom, is not of the unfamiliar or the exotic. In fact, those familiar with Disneyland, U.S.A. or Hong Kong Disneyland might recognize the same clock tower and gingerbread-trim of the Fort Collins-inspired Main Street Station. World Bazaar Station is of the same design.

Walt’s lifelong love of the railroad has once more translated into a Disney Park. Once through the familiar turnstiles and beyond the gate, we glimpse the storied clock tower and station, the smile of a Mickey Mouse Floral. The romance and grandeur of early steam travel is captured in the beauty and excitement of the Disneyland Australia Railroad.

A Grand-Circle Tour of the Magic Kingdom, the Disneyland Australia Railroad is an authentic, 3-foot narrow-gauge heritage railroad. Along the way, we catch the many sights and sounds along the rails - an ancient jungle, a metropolis of tomorrow, an active volcano - the unkempt frontier of the American West is our threshold to the rim of the Grand Canyon.

l3Itu_ptrr25kY4a8do25GcwPejAXUEJ5v1B9AaAwZQ2aThQnYp9Vv1hy3Hv-VmEHdYuSw3PHfF-e7qoHshXGsuKpGlSNINZ3DPIhMaD2oBfVDVPi0YxjrCTQjIuyqJuAvgGg0Ok

A spectacular glimpse at one of the world’s longest dioramas, the Grand Canyon is a panoramic re-creation of the flora and fauna of Arizona’s Great Abyss. To Ferde Grofé’s “Grand Canyon Suite,” curious wildlife examine our train in hesitant caution. A freak thunderstorm brings a brilliant light to the promise of a vibrant rainbow, all while a flock of mountain goat look on…

From the Station, we pass through one of two tunnels on either side of the aforementioned Mickey Floral. A bronze plaque above either tunnel read a familiar sentiment:

“HERE YOU LEAVE TODAY
AND ENTER THE WORLD
OF YESTERDAY, TOMORROW
AND FANTASY”

An iconic attribute to any Magic Kingdom, electronic posters line the walls of either tunnel, each interchanging to offer a taste of the coming attractions and adventures. One unique detail, however, is that each poster features a simple animation; i.e. Dumbo actually appears to fly.

World Bazaar

7gHH-MXu7xgsl3SCGvf662WP7Us0su5md8Ntg1Apz0u_eOeyzPLR6KfQl-rBI8JkOjZRuoHvXLg4AhWGw9hcXb8gD8oZ4TD3lgdJFm0iIMy5ajGBoIwaAsGi9Rimrj6-U23bQJKA

The true Grand Entrance of Disneyland Australia, World Bazaar is a lovingly built and detailed capture of the world’s most beautiful, familiar and exotic architecture. The seamless and eclectic neighboring of European, Asian, African and American influence set our stage for an enticing adventure in the kingdom of dreams before us. This is our overture to a symphonic masterpiece.

In the principle of Main Street, U.S.A., World Bazaar is a sparkling thoroughfare presented in the style and architecture of one unique design after the next. The ground floor buildings of World Bazaar are built on a 9/10 scale, with the second and third stories progressively smaller; forced perspective at work. The thoroughfare is to always remain fresh and new. Throughout, the air is filled with song. The Background Music (BGM) of the Bazaar is global in origin, inspired entirely by the culture and taste of an international network, for at one moment one might hear the serenity of Chinese Zen music, in another, the haunting charm of an Arabic flute.

Traveler’s Green is the “Town Square” of World Bazaar, a lush park set between a variety of different buildings. Live musicians, a central fountain and exotic trees set the stage for a storied adventure. A bandstand is host to performance groups and live entertainment. A flagpole is erected near the central fountain, proudly bearing the Australian field of six stars and the Flag of the United Nations. A plaque in the base of the flagpole reads the dedication of Disneyland Australia:

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. Today, the spirit of Walt Disney and his Disneyland continue into the hope and aspiration for the Disneyland Australia Resort. In this enchanted realm of yesterday and tomorrow, fantasy and adventure, we relive the nostalgia and innocence of a childhood dream. This Magic Kingdom is dedicated in honor of the young and the young-at-heart, with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”
Whereas a Town Square would feature a City Hall or a Firehouse, Traveler’s Green features, on either end, a major attraction: Meet the World and Soarin’ Over the Horizon.

otCq3K32WISIOQW2lzXqaG1xcpGgeLDbnIBYBV9dyYuNtNmvbRKa_Y-RydgCgMdCVfjyxzouB2tXPtZRbT2LASM-CyVOwuUdoDWWy83PovPA_UtloG5qZYbxVoWcfDbdWl6OpAJA

Statues of the Roman Empire lead our trail to a grand observatory of Venetian Gothic design. It is said that the celestial observatory is the hidden dwelling of a Leonardo Da Vinci, still alive. Inside, a number of peculiar inventions and blueprints channel the spirit of imagination to realize man’s most ancient and elusive dream: to soar like a bird.

The elderly Da Vinci has invited us to board his latest prototype of a Renaissance aircraft. As the lights dim and the music grows, we take flight before an 80-foot projection dome, 40-feet high from the earth below. The Australian Outback, Mount Rushmore and Niagara Falls are among the spectacle and wonder of our globetrotting tour, ending in a firework spectacular above Sydney Harbour. The iconic score of “Soarin’” by Jerry Goldsmith is retained and remastered in a moving performance by the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra.

O57tG4QkFK3XUkAzjGZ8aOb30IKNiwO5wQkX1xV0OaWKdOGFaMuAs3JFZQdU_BwlI1Ow2p8n3GU0rrd8O-FjC7TxjX9AKnkvuXBMWXW57pK87PvfzoMupjf_WArmDpCY6fK3GLor

In a quiet corner of the ancient observatory, we find the entrance of Da Vinci’s, an Old World delight of warm service and rich, Italian tradition. On the outside patio or in the spacious dining room amid murals of the Renaissance and Ancient Rome, sparkling chandeliers help relish the deep, textured flavors of classic Italian fare. The observatory neighbors a miniature courtyard of a Mediterranean harbor. Corte di Cesare (Court of Caesar) is an aged vineyard of the Italian coast; a small collection of shops and cafes. True to form, olive trees, Mediterranean citrus, wine tastings and a fine selection of real grapevines mark the Vigna Imperiale (Imperial Vineyard), another fine restaurant. It offers a six-course meal of “Chef’s Choice” wine and foods from around Italy. On the horizon, one might spot the distant silhouette of St. Mark’s Campanile. A statue of Shakespeare’s Romeo & Juliet stand before the entrance of the Mercato di Verona (Verona Market). Aged murals and décor portray the tragedy of Romeo & Juliet. For purchase, fine cookware, decorative items, Italian foodstuffs and apparel, an incredible selection of wines and spirits, and dazzling Venetian masks.

tJLbhxtUf3r69_D-EWnw7ZG5CJbdOZJ1e5OAfFqo3mEpXfLcMb43BGlIpB92LldwQj32qLNXP0YXI6yBL74VXnQC3zWnZZxDPI7OQ5s06p_8ws0h6gNsHb3oZu1ZMMq5ZdlngJK1

Meet the World is, in essence, the Mission Statement of World Bazaar. In short, our host, the voice of an unseen traveler, leads an inspired retrospective into the past, present and future of our Earth. The presentation is in salute to the world’s most valuable resource: its People.

The elegant Paris Opera House is the home of such an extraordinary tale. The history of the world unfolds in a dramatic retelling enhanced with over 40 Audio-Animatronic figures, rear-projection film and an orchestral score by Michael Giacchino. Such vignettes include: the Dawn of Man, the Rise of Egypt, the Fall of Rome, World War II, and the Moon Landing. Along the way, we’ll meet such luminaries as Nelson Mandela, Gandhi, Abraham Lincoln, Marco Polo, and the late Steve Irwin.

Like the miniature snapshot of Italy found ‘cross Traveler’s Green, a small image of France lies nestled in the shadow of the Paris Opera House. With the Eiffel Tower off on the horizon, the smell of fresh bread and romance of “Gay Paris” are captured in this warm corner of World Bazaar. The famous Fontaines de la Concorde (built on a smaller scale) is an icon all its own. Les Chefs de Paris is perhaps the finest restaurant in World Bazaar. Nestled in an elegant corner of the Opera House, Les Chefs de Paris stands as it were a typical bistro of Paris; high ceilings, mosaic flooring, white linens, and expansive windows looking out onto the promenade. Patio and interior seating compliment the fresh and simple ingredients of French cuisine; beef tenderloin, onion soup and roast duck among others.

Le Donjon Du Fantôme, also nestled in the Opera House, is named for the terrifying icon of French Literature: The Phantom of the Opera. “The Phantom’s Keep” is a macabre nook with décor of the occult; though the shop itself is a "subterranean" music store... A cobweb-kissed pipe organ springs to life, its ghastly, unseen organist only portrayed in shadow… Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie has the most enchanting aroma in town, a traditional French bakery: baguette sandwiches, croissants, souffles and French roast coffee. Boutique de Souvenirs has the apparel, home décor, accessories, perfumes and trinkets of a French market, even inspired by a since shuttered, real-world Parisian market.

wvRJDDb5UMivPy7x0XFoKe3syE1ngtYcCpDd8IB28QIoVqSpFlfavVH3o97muluh4Kfo4oAqSNq2vU6p4iLDphrCPJK_BhbHe5JEdImwebxIxFZvAPbj5n12OsBJKPdJ_nPWOPri

The spectacular Ratatouille: The Adventure of Epcot and Walt Disney Studios Park has made a third home amid this miniature recreation of Paris, France, just off an askew trail of Traveler’s Green. Gusteau’s famous Parisian restaurant is the setting of our “zany” adventure. Having shrunk to the size of Remy and friends, we scurry to safety in a dazzling chase across Chef Skinner’s kitchen with the sights, sounds, smells and dangers of the legendary restaurant. Remy and Emile often frequent the Fontaines de la Concorde which, remarkably, seems to have bronze rats intruding in its historic design…

**********​

This is excellent so far!

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
This is excellent so far!

Thank you, sir! It's going to take a little more than a week or so for the next update (I'm in tech for two musicals at the moment), so stay tuned, y'all.

I'm definitely trying to capture as much of classic Epcot and MK/DL as possible with this park. The result, however has allowed me to do something unique that I wouldn't have thought of doing otherwise.

DisneyManOne

Quick question, my friend: Will "it's a small world" be featured in World Bazaar anywhere, or will we have to go to Fantasyland to check that out?

EDIT: Side note--I assume your Meet the World is inspired by the former Tokyo Disneyland show about the history of Japan. Will a (albeit re-worded) version of the Sherman Brothers' theme for the attraction be used in the show?

Last edited:

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Quick question, my friend: Will "it's a small world" be featured in World Bazaar anywhere, or will we have to go to Fantasyland to check that out?

EDIT: Side note--I assume your Meet the World is inspired by the former Tokyo Disneyland show about the history of Japan. Will a (albeit re-worded) version of the Sherman Brothers' theme for the attraction be used in the show?

Haven't decided yet in regard to how similar Meet the World will be to its original counterpart. The goal is to have it cut more from the same cloth as the American Adventure; lots of moving set pieces and tons of AAs to compliment the sweeping score and video display.

It's a Small World will be found in World Bazaar! It makes too much sense to not have the "world" attraction in World Bazaar. One thing I will leak is the ride system is not going to be a boat.

DisneyManOne

Haven't decided yet in regard to how similar Meet the World will be to its original counterpart. The goal is to have it cut more from the same cloth as the American Adventure; lots of moving set pieces and tons of AAs to compliment the sweeping score and video display.

It's a Small World will be found in World Bazaar! It makes too much sense to not have the "world" attraction in World Bazaar. One thing I will leak is the ride system is not going to be a boat.

Interesting. As soon as I heard about your concept for Meet the World, I thought "Y'know, I'd like to use that, with due credit of course, for my ideas regarding EPCOT. I bet it would be great in Showcase Plaza, serving as the "Mission Statement" for World Showcase, like Horizons does for Future World." But, now that you say that, I fear it would be too similar to American Adventure to warrant its own existence.

Really, "it's a small world" without boats? I can't imagine a "small world" without boats, but I'm very interested as to how this will turn out.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Interesting. As soon as I heard about your concept for Meet the World, I thought "Y'know, I'd like to use that, with due credit of course, for my ideas regarding EPCOT. I bet it would be great in Showcase Plaza, serving as the "Mission Statement" for World Showcase, like Horizons does for Future World." But, now that you say that, I fear it would be too similar to American Adventure to warrant its own existence.

Really, "it's a small world" without boats? I can't imagine a "small world" without boats, but I'm very interested as to how this will turn out.

Well, it is going to be very similar to the American Adventure, so to be honest, I'm not sure how well it would fit in Epcot unless the American Adventure was out of the picture. But you could hypothetically take creative license and change up the idea enough to make them coexist. Or turn it into a ride in the vein of Spaceship Earth or Horizons. We won't be getting a show description though for a looooong time. Soarin' and Meet the World will probably be two of the last things I tackle.

I'm confident that the ride system for my version of Small World will work well and be different enough to warrant itself as a unique attraction. I'm also leaning more toward the style of Disneyland Paris where there is no transition between the rooms, everything is all under one roof with seamless transitions. No black walls or abrupt warehouse ceilings.

Small World will most likely be located in the Central Plaza, neighbored on the opposite side by Sinbad's Storybook Voyage.

DisneyManOne

Well, it is going to be very similar to the American Adventure, so to be honest, I'm not sure how well it would fit in Epcot unless the American Adventure was out of the picture. But you could hypothetically take creative license and change up the idea enough to make them coexist.

I got the chance to watch Tokyo's Meet the World on YouTube recently. First of all, it has not aged well. But, it did me some possible insight on a world-encompassing version of the show.

I must say, I watched it through MartinsVids' history of Epcot's Japan pavilion, and there was something about the theater set-up that really interested me. In a reversal of the Carousel of Progress set-up, the seating was in the center and the stage was on the edge. This allowed for more animatronics to be used, animatronics that could rise up onto the stage like they do in The American Adventure, and for more effects to be used (projections, special effects, etc.). So, depending on what your layout for Meet the World is like, it could be possible to divide the story into four or five separate scenes and do it like Tokyo's Meet the World.

Plus, I'd add in a Giacchino-scored version of the Sherman Brothers' theme for the Tokyo show, albeit re-worded to fit the new show.

"Reaching out, friendly hands, to meet the world around us.
People all across the land, we meet the world with love.
We meet the world with love! We meet the world with love!
Reaching out, friendly hands, we meet the world with love!"

Last edited:

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
I hate to have to ask, but when will our journey through Disneyland Australia resume?

Soon!

It has been a difficult season on a personal note. Not to unload a bunch of personal drama, but we had purchased a puppy (as a companion for the aforementioned basset hound puppy I received for Christmas) who was unfortunately sold to us infected with the deadly parvovirus. We did all we could, but she lost her battle the day after Christmas. We did our best to contact the "breeder," but it turns out, her phone number was fake and the whole transaction was a scam. According to our vet, a common crime in Southern California is for so-called "breeders" to purchase cheap puppies from Mexico (often infected with rabies or parvo), then sell them to unsuspecting folks as ourselves for a higher price. So we got hit by this pretty hard. It was mentally draining.

Not but a few days later, our 14-year old dachshund passed away from his year-long battle with thyroid cancer. As you can imagine, it was not a great end to 2018. We lost three dogs within four months of each other, two within the same week. 2018 might have been an excellent year for many reasons, but in regard to loss, it was monumental.

Fortunately, since then, we have adopted a healthy brother (another dachshund) for my basset hound. Both are fully vaccinated and in no danger of receiving the residual parvovirus from our sweet puppy who passed. As you can imagine, doing two musicals in December and then dealing with two unexpected deaths around the holidays really put a wrench into my creative energy. I recall a day where I literally stared at a blank Google Doc, completely unmotivated to type anything.

I do plan on resuming with Disneyland Australia by February at the latest (hopefully sooner), I am currently in the midst of rehearsals for A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. I will be playing Hysterium (if you're familiar with the show). This show is super important, as this will be the first time @TheOriginalTiki has seen me perform in-person after nearly a decade of friendship. So we have that to look forward to next month.

Until then, this project is still a-go. It's just taking longer than expected. Thank you all for your continued patience and interest. It truly means the world to an armchair Imagineer as myself.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
@DisneyManOne, ask, and you shall receive... For this update, I will be starting with a full recap of World Bazaar thus far, just to keep us all on the same page (I noticed some new readers). Note, there are several key differences in this recap from the original post. In fact, the update for "Soarin'" is a direct lift of what we can expect at Tokyo DisneySea later this year. It just made sense.

World Bazaar

7gHH-MXu7xgsl3SCGvf662WP7Us0su5md8Ntg1Apz0u_eOeyzPLR6KfQl-rBI8JkOjZRuoHvXLg4AhWGw9hcXb8gD8oZ4TD3lgdJFm0iIMy5ajGBoIwaAsGi9Rimrj6-U23bQJKA

The true Grand Entrance of Disneyland Australia, World Bazaar is a lovingly built and detailed capture of the world’s most beautiful, familiar and exotic architecture. The seamless and eclectic neighboring of European, Asian, African and American influence set the stage for our enticing adventure in the kingdom of dreams before us. This is the overture to a symphonic masterpiece.

In the principle of Main Street, U.S.A., World Bazaar is a sparkling thoroughfare presented in the style and architecture of one unique design after the next. The ground floor buildings of World Bazaar are built on a 9/10 scale, with the second and third stories progressively smaller; forced perspective at work. Throughout, the air is filled with song. The Background Music (BGM) is global in origin, inspired by the culture and taste of an international network, for at one moment one might hear the serenity of Chinese Zen music, in another, the haunting charm of an Arabic flute.

VqypHqYpOyueiFjNqHZSZFOqWxeZ2sNNLwAXK8M09iD97SLh4ihPxT69Ift8_i4rZ2PT6wcleMfrmQw-0_Kk40dlVIYSQGSrSldQuvdNBLtJ9l5of1jE-wn9thQN6imSfSmCDT1Y

Traveler’s Green is the “Town Square” of World Bazaar, a lush park set between a number of different buildings. Live musicians, a central fountain, and exotic trees set the stage for a timeless adventure. A flagpole is erected near the central fountain, proudly bearing the Australian field of six stars and the Flag of the United Nations. A plaque at the base of the flagpole reads the dedication of Disneyland Australia:

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. Today, the spirit of Walt Disney and his Disneyland continue into the hope and aspiration for the Disneyland Australia Resort. In this enchanted realm of yesterday and tomorrow, fantasy and adventure, we relive the nostalgia and innocence of a childhood dream. This Magic Kingdom is dedicated in honor of the young and the young-at-heart, with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

Whereas a "normal" Town Square would feature a City Hall or a Firehouse, Traveler’s Green features, on either end, a major attraction: Meet the World and Soaring: Fantastic Flight.

otCq3K32WISIOQW2lzXqaG1xcpGgeLDbnIBYBV9dyYuNtNmvbRKa_Y-RydgCgMdCVfjyxzouB2tXPtZRbT2LASM-CyVOwuUdoDWWy83PovPA_UtloG5qZYbxVoWcfDbdWl6OpAJA

Statues of the fallen Roman Empire lead our trail to a grand observatory of Venetian Gothic design. It is said that this "Museum of Fantastic Flight" is in celebration of Camellia Falco, a visionary innovator in the fledgling field of aviation. A number of preserved inventions and blueprints channel the spirit of imagination to realize man’s most ancient and elusive dream: to soar like a bird.

The spirit of Falco welcomes us aboard her latest and greatest achievement: The Dream Flyer. The lights dim and the music grows… We have taken flight 40-feet from the earth below, well before an 80-foot projection dome. Mount Rushmore, Niagara Falls and the Australian Outback are among the spectacle and awe of this fantastic journey. The grand finale: a firework spectacular above the iconic Sydney Harbour.

O57tG4QkFK3XUkAzjGZ8aOb30IKNiwO5wQkX1xV0OaWKdOGFaMuAs3JFZQdU_BwlI1Ow2p8n3GU0rrd8O-FjC7TxjX9AKnkvuXBMWXW57pK87PvfzoMupjf_WArmDpCY6fK3GLor

Adjacent to the Museum of Fantastic Flight is a miniature courtyard of a Mediterranean harbor. Corte di Cesare (Court of Caesar) is an aged vineyard of the Italian coast; a small collection of shops and cafes. Olive trees, Mediterranean citrus and grapevines mark the Vigna Imperiale (Imperial Vineyard), fine Italian dining. It offers a six-course meal of “Chef’s Choice” wine and foods from around Italy. On the horizon, one will spot a miniature replica of St. Mark’s Campanile. Shakespeare’s Romeo & Juliet stand in bronze before the entrance to the Mercato di Verona (Verona Market). Aged murals and décor portray the tragedy of Romeo & Juliet. For purchase: fine cookware, decorative items, Italian foodstuffs and apparel, and an incredible select of wines and spirits, and dazzling Venetian masks.

tJLbhxtUf3r69_D-EWnw7ZG5CJbdOZJ1e5OAfFqo3mEpXfLcMb43BGlIpB92LldwQj32qLNXP0YXI6yBL74VXnQC3zWnZZxDPI7OQ5s06p_8ws0h6gNsHb3oZu1ZMMq5ZdlngJK1

Meet the World is the Mission Statement of World Bazaar. Our host, the voice of an unseen traveler, leads an inspired retrospective into the past, present and future of our beloved Earth. The presentation is in salute to the world’s most valuable resource: its People. The elegant Paris Opera House is the home of this extraordinary tale. The history of the world unfolds in a dramatic performance enhanced with an orchestral score and over 40 Audio-Animatronic figures; the Dawn of Man, the Fall of Rome, World War II, the Moon Landing. Along the way, we’ll meet such luminaries as Nelson Mandela, Gandhi, Abraham Lincoln, Marco Polo, and the late Steve Irwin.

Similar with the miniature snapshot of Italy found across Traveler's Green, a small capture of France lies nestled in the shadow of the Paris Opera House. With the distant Eiffel Tower on the horizon, the smell of fresh bread and the romance of "Gay Paris" is captured in this warm corner of World Bazaar. The Fontaines de la Concorde is an icon all its own. Les Chefs de Paris is the finest restaurant in World Bazaar. Les Chefs de Paris stands as it were a typical bistro of Paris; high ceilings, mosaic flooring, white linens, and expansive windows that look out onto the promenade. Patio and interior seating compliment the fresh and simple ingredients of French cuisine; beef tenderloin, onion soup and roast duck among others.

Le Donjon Du Fantôme is named for the terrifying figure of French Literature: The Phantom of the Opera. “The Phantom’s Keep” is a macabre nook with décor of the occult and Gothic, though the shop itself is a “subterranean” music store found well beneath the Opera House. A cobweb-draped pipe organ springs to life, its ghastly, unseen organist portrayed only in shadow… Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie has the finest aroma in town, a traditional French bakery with its baguette sandwiches, croissants, souffles, and French roast coffee. Boutique de Souvenirs has the apparel, home décor, accessories, perfumes and trinkets of a real French market.

wvRJDDb5UMivPy7x0XFoKe3syE1ngtYcCpDd8IB28QIoVqSpFlfavVH3o97muluh4Kfo4oAqSNq2vU6p4iLDphrCPJK_BhbHe5JEdImwebxIxFZvAPbj5n12OsBJKPdJ_nPWOPri

Ratatouille: The Adventure of Epcot and Walt Disney Studios Park has made a third home in Australia amid this miniature recreation of Paris, France. Gusteau’s famous restaurant is the setting of our adventure. Having shrunk to the size of Remy and friends, we scurry to safety in a dazzling chase across Chef Skinner’s kitchen with the sights, sounds, smells and dangers of the legendary three-star restaurant.

The Exposition Hall, built in portrayal of Philadelphia’s Independence Hall is the in-park home of Guest Relations. Disney’s standard of excellence in customer service is well represented with on-duty Cast Members to assist in reservations, guests with special needs, and magical occasions. Also featured in the spectacular Exposition Hall: lockers-for-rent, First Aid, the Lost & Found, and of course, a Baby Care Center.

The “Main Street” of World Bazaar is anchored in the expansive Macy’s Department Store, a picture of Manhattan in the Roaring ‘20s. The impressive, two-level emporium is the largest mercantile in the entire Park, a testament to the grandeur and nostalgia of a yesteryear shopping mall; wooden escalators, crystal chandeliers and sweeping rotundas set our stage. Per tradition, storefront window vignettes portray scenes of the Disney Canon: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Pinocchio, Fantasia, and The Jungle Book. The Manhattan Deli is reminiscent of the since defunct Carnegie Deli of New York City. Famous cheesecakes, pies, pizza, and pastrami delights are made fresh daily.

RxAAzu6tYWUnhfNyQajNEPsTeYzFDsMQi79iwcN2sgQ3L1uDPornJGGx0ZbejMg6LjRCeJEqgQhIyLU5Tjd6igHDjuCcBm_OV8sCerYF6tsSDkhsZH7YIQOjiUUBllmpe4qr40KS

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Continuing with our tour of a miniature "World Showcase." Sorry, it's been a hot minute. ;) I'll be the first to admit that the design of World Bazaar has been incredibly difficult. It's a bit of a challenge trying to cram so many international venues and ideas into one main thoroughfare. But now, I think I have it.

Today is a quick update, just to see if there is still an interest in my work. Particularly this thread. :p

VlUe4TwFtcWDu5UStG38NiBCIgVidN54lvx81VtDxlgooooiYPgwuJ2h0DJxMnCthWg45uoN4hpbszRbRACo_m-aad0GT2rLwtzYaTDQOdO-iXFjTusm83bTkHOKf6y4LknKn4xs

The spectacular Elias Theatre is a natural and thematic extension of the Macy’s Department Store. The opulent interior and sweeping exterior are built in tribute to the music and lore of the “Great White Way.” 2,000 seats fill the comfortable and elegant design of this venue designed specifically for large productions of a Broadway caliber. A dazzling mural of Greek gods and goddesses marks the sprawling proscenium and domed ceiling.

The Elias Theatre is home to not one, but two classic films brought to life onstage. Disney’s Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular runs January - August, and Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas - Undead on Stage runs September - December. Aladdin is a dazzling theatrical interpretation of the smash-hit animated feature, not to mention a rebirth of the deeply loved production from Disney California Adventure. See beloved characters - including Aladdin, Jasmine, Jafar and Genie - perform unforgettable songs made famous in the film. The 45-minute show stays true to the movie’s timeless story, while also presenting a unique take on the tale through elaborate costumes and sets, stunning special effects and show-stopping production numbers.

The Nightmare Before Christmas is an entirely different story - literally. A remarkable achievement in puppetry, animatronics, theatrical makeup and costuming, the peculiar tale of Jack Skellington’s Christmas Eve gone awry swirls to life in this chilling but lighthearted stage performance. With unique costumes, vivid scenery and the songs by Danny Elfman you’ve come to love, this bizarre classic will fill your holiday dreams with nightmares of monsters and skeleton heads!

Of course, no picture of the Roaring ‘20s would be complete without a chance run-in with Prohibition and gangsters... Capone’s Jazz Club is a picture of Chicago in the 1920s. An old police car with flashing lights always seems to be parked outside this notorious club. “LIVE JAZZ!” is boldly emblazoned in neon on the canopy that extends from the Brownstone facade. Inside, a larger than life portrait of “Big Al” himself is our “secret” portal into the underground world of sin and vice made famous in the Roaring ‘20s. The hidden speakeasy is built in a lavish Hollywood Style Deco nightclub, with live Jazz blaring and cigarette girls roaming the room. Corks are popping and dinner is served; favorite fare of the Windy City. Naturally, a police raid ends the show, whether our meal is finished or not…

Rumor claims that a certain Harry Houdini once visited the Magic Shop found opposite the Department Store. Held within the walls of an Austrian dungeon, the rumored straight jacket and handcuffs of Houdini sit on proud display for all passers-by. The vibrant Candy Kathedrale (Candy Cathedral) takes after a small replica of the famous St. Thomas Church in Leipzig, Germany. Colored shelves, chocolate fountains, fresh treats, and a gargantuan cuckoo clock hearken to a nostalgic wonderland. Oktoberfest is in year-round celebration at the German Biergarten.

S7y40tZtfNWAo1n6rY6pQArudO9kBlplE_WcfGw-Zcz83e0ju8kH9Nwl70sO6iuiA0c2nSFuW6dIUOQ1j0JTDfect7If3jwNotnbvBU06KhbIkFZNHlZWm2wSSq9ajO0dElqEBu4

A false facade of the German countryside leads into a traditional Bavarian village at nightfall. At communal, biergarten-style tables, we enjoy a selection of bratwurst, rotisserie chicken, pork schnitzel, and a variety of salads. Hand-pulled apple strudel and gingerbread ice cream make for a fine dessert. Polka on down to the dance floor, or simply relax in the twilit atmosphere and raise a stein to over 200 years of Oktoberfest celebrations! The German Biergarten is famous not only for its spectacular food and entertainment, but also for its colorful glockenspiel sat right above the entrance.

So, the question now is, is there still an audience for this? :)

Attachments

• 1551465651207.png
    1551465651207.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 264

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
You bet there is! It's so good to see Disneyland Australia back in action again, and I am so excited to explore more.

Personally, I've always thought that a Nightmare Before Christmas stage show would work well, regardless of location: be it Broadway, theme park, or simple licensing.

I've heard of amateur productions that somehow do it legally (no clue as to how), but the pictures in depiction of said productions are ironically more horrifying than the characters in the movie.

The way I see it done is primarily with a turntable (a la Les Miz). Jack himself could be accomplished with the current walk-around character's costume, albeit his eyes would blink and move with expression (a la animatronics in the mask). Pretty much all the Halloween Town residents are easy enough to costume and create. Some would require puppetry (mostly the evil toys), but others would be simple makeup. Oogie Boogie would be the most difficult to create. I'd imagine something similar to a full-body Muppet character (Sweetums), where a performer is inside the costume in operation of the arms and body. The voice actor is offstage puppeteering the mouth and eyes with a radio-operated mechanism. Then again, the Oogie Boogie costume in the Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular might be easy enough to use.

Miru

No. Everything will be family-friendly (to an extent) and no scarier than Alien Encounter, the Cinderella Castle Mystery Tour or Snow White's Scary Adventures (the 1971 WDW version). Notably, the event will feature no gore, chainsaws, or the typical cliches of say Halloween Horror Nights or Knott's Scary Farm. The focus will be on spooky entertainment, not intense scares.

Each land will have a maze, but nothing will be as scary as the two mazes you had mentioned.

I like the fact we’re getting Meet the World here. It would be a good testament to the legacy of the Sherman Brothers.

Yeah, I can understand why an intense horror attraction would be a bad idea, even if at a premium. It would break immersion in the brand.

Last edited:

DisneyManOne

Can we get just one intense horror attraction, please? It could be a premium attraction to spare kids the horrors. I also like the fact we’re getting Meet the World here. It would be a good testament to the legacy of the Sherman Brothers.
Miru, MANEATINGWREATH has put this project on hold for now. If you want to see what he's currently up to, I highly suggest you check out his Mirror Disneyland thread: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/mirror-disneyland-an-alternate-history.954300/

Arktic

You know, like the weird little animations or shorts that are briefly seen between commercials on Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network or Boomerang? I'm talking those weird vignettes of vintage toys and stop-motion characters that are often accommodated by weird music. I might as well just show you a bumper since I'm probably not making sense.
Those Boomerang idents were always my favorite.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom