Disneyland advice .. stat!

Glasgow

Original Poster
Well, looks like I'll be in LA all next week for work. I'm trying to figure out a way to slink down to DL for a little while but I don't know if I can get more than a half day off, if that. I've never been to DL so I don't know that much about it.

First of all, I need your creative minds to think of some 'reasons' I need to be out of the office for a half day :) ... and secondly, if I can get down there, is it worth it to go for a half day? Thx

pinjim

Yes, a half day is better than no day ... I just visited DL last month for the first time since I was 8 and it was worth every penny.
Call in ill ... telling everyone that it might be food posioning, saying you ate seafood the night before or for lunch. :fork: Goodluck!:fork:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Try to pick the day with the longest hours :) If you can give up seeing the fireworks/parade you'll get lots more done.

DisneyMarg

I did exactly that last month - except for the part about sneaking out of the office. I had work in Irvine Wed-Fri, so I made plans to arrive early on Tuesday. As it turned out, I missed my plane and didn't arrive until about 1:00 pm. By the time I rented a car and drove to Disneyland, it was about 2:00. But it was still way worth it. I got to see all of my "must-sees", although certainly not everything. I also got a Mickey bar. The Dole Whip stand was OUT OF DOLE WHIP, if you can believe that. But I digress...
I made a point to see the things that they have at Disneyland but not Disneyworld - Matterhorn, Storyland Canal Boats, etc, - and the new renovated Space Mountain (wonderful!) and Disneyland's Small World (Also Wonderful!). Plus they still have Mr. Toad's Wild Ride! And their Railroad is so cute - don't miss that! AND, if that's not enough, it is DISNEYLAND's 50th anniversary.

The park was closing at 9:00 pm, but I was too tired to stay until closing. I left around 7:00 pm and in those 6 hrs had really done a lot. Disneyland is so much smaller than the Magic Kingdom that it's easy to see in a short time. Plus the crowds were light that day, since it was a weekday and school was in session.

Go for it. You will really have a good time!

Glasgow

Original Poster
Thanks for all the input everyone. The part about going the day of the longest park hours was a good point - I'll have to check on that. Anaheim is about 35 mins south of downtown LA so if I can make it down there by about 2 or 3pm I still think that would be good.

PrinceDon

Fantasmic!

If you haven't seen it before and get a chance to, standing around for Fantasmic! is worth the wait. It is 100% better at Disneyland. I would also recommend not missing Pirates and I have heard great things about the Aladdin show in DCA.

Enjoy!

CThaddeus

As someone who goes there every week or so, I wholeheartedly agree with what everyone else has said - any time at Disneyland is worth it. You'll even be getting here right after the Christmas decorations have been put up...they're supposed to be completed by this Friday the 11th. It'll truly be an amazing time to come. I believe It's a Small World Holiday will reopen on Friday as well, and that, along with Haunted Mansion Holiday, are worth admission alone. I don't know if I'd recommend trying to do the Aladdin show at California Adventure, however, as you would have to pay for a park hopper ticket, which costs about $20 more. Besides, if you've only got an afternoon, you'll have plenty to keep you busy at Disneyland. You could even do something I've often considered doing - going on one of their many Park tours. I suppose the only reason I haven't done them is because I keep fearing I'll know more about the Park than the tour guide will! Have fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom