Disney World Resort Mazatlán (México)

discoveryboy_97

Original Poster
Hello everyone! im from Mexico and I recently visited Disneyland for the first time and I love it. Now that im back in my hometown I've been thinking how could a Disney resort be here in Mexico.

first thing first i would like to apologize if my english is not good enough 😋

This resort is basically a blend of different elements of each disney park around the globe.

With 3 parks and 11 hotels Disney World Mazatlán is the 2nd biggest disney resort in the world.

Why Disney World? because each park represents de stories, myths and legends of a different element that our world is made of
-Disneyland Park
-DisneySea Park
-DisneySky Park

The 11 Hotels:
-Disneyland hotel-Deluxe (Park Hotel) This victorian themed hotel is right in front of the park (Just like the one in Paris)
-Ambassador Hotel-Deluxe (Park Hotel) This is an art deco hotel inspired by the golden age of aviation, this hotel is right in from of disney sky park
-Hotel MiraCosta- Deluxe (Park Hotel) Theres not to much explanation about this hotel, is basically just like the one in tokyo
-Disney Grand Mazatlán Resort - Deluxe A Mictorian hotel (take Hong kong Disneyland hotel as reference)
-Disneyworld Hotel- Deluxe Inspired by the original disneyland hotel this is a mid century modern deluxe type hotel
-Disney Sequoia Hotel- Moderate Just like the one in paris
-Disney Beachclub - Moderate Just like the one in orlando
-Disney Coronado Springs- Moderate Just Like the one in orlando
-Disney Hotel Santa fe- Value Just like the one in paris
-Disney Hotel Cheyenne -Value Just like the one in paris
-Disney Hotel Zaragoza- Value Spanish colonial themed hotel

Last edited:

Twilight_Roxas

But I do have one question. Since Disney in international parks use both English & the country’s language in their nighttime fireworks show at the castle do you know which segments will be in English, and which segments would be in Spanish?

Lilofan

Due to the ongoing safety and security concerns in Mexico, at the very least, there should be armed guards in the resort and metal detectors. Even if the Mexican army were to guard the resort, I still would have concerns about my safety.

discoveryboy_97

Original Poster
Due to the ongoing safety and security concerns in Mexico, at the very least, there should be armed guards in the resort and metal detectors. Even if the Mexican army were to guard the resort, I still would have concerns about my safety.

i think is very important to understand that it depends of the city where you live, is not the same Mazatlán city vs México city, just like comparing New York city vs Anaheim. Mazatlán is a very safe city you can go to bars and clubs at night and there is no problem. Of course im not saying that it doesn't have its issues but every city has them.

here are some videos that could help you understand the situation in the country

About safety in México:

About Mazatlán

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZwQSH4n_fE

About the security checkpoint at the park I think x ray scanners and metal detectors are enough for a safe day at the park (Off course without counting the security guards all around the resort)

discoveryboy_97

Original Poster
But I do have one question. Since Disney in international parks use both English & the country’s language in their nighttime fireworks show at the castle do you know which segments will be in English, and which segments would be in Spanish?

The fireworks show should 70% spanish and 30% english because the resort it would be more targeted to Mexicans than international visitors.

Twilight_Roxas

Okay because certain parks used both languages like for example Once Upon a Time the former fireworks show.

Once Upon a Time (English)
Mrs.Potts & Chip (Japanese)
Alice in Wonderland (Japanese)
I see the Light (English)
Cinderella & Fairy Godmother (Japanese)
So This is Love (English)
Peter Pan (Japanese)
You Can Fly (English)
A Silly Song (English)
Rumbly in my Tumbly (Japanese)
Heffalumps & Woozles (English)
Beauty and the Beast (Japanese)
Once Upon a Time (English)

Hope that makes sense.

Outbound

México is a bit different than Japan, though. With Japan, Disney has to market to yes the Japanese guests, but also the Australian guests who might consider that park their “home park”. Plus all the Disney fans who geek over DisneySea.

But México (Spanish) is right below Latin America (also Spanish). This is a huge population group that primarily speaks Spanish.

As for the Northern Border - I think any English-speaking US resident will always pick Orlando or Anaheim over Mexico. One, same language, two, same country, and three most importantly it is closer.

Therefore I’d say for Mexico you could get away with an almost exclusively Spanish resort. Market to Latin America.

Twilight_Roxas

México is a bit different than Japan, though. With Japan, Disney has to market to yes the Japanese guests, but also the Australian guests who might consider that park their “home park”. Plus all the Disney fans who geek over DisneySea.

But México (Spanish) is right below Latin America (also Spanish). This is a huge population group that primarily speaks Spanish.

As for the Northern Border - I think any English-speaking US resident will always pick Orlando or Anaheim over Mexico. One, same language, two, same country, and three most importantly it is closer.

Therefore I’d say for Mexico you could get away with an almost exclusively Spanish resort. Market to Latin America.
Yeah, but I was explaining that Disney parks like Paris, Hong Kong, and Shanghai use both English, and the language of that country for the shows.

Miru

Yeah, but I was explaining that Disney parks like Paris, Hong Kong, and Shanghai use both English, and the language of that country for the shows.
Paris? Many from the UK would consider it as their home park, unless they’d go for Alton Towers. Hong Kong was a UK colony/territory. Shanghai, though... you got me there.

Twilight_Roxas

Paris? Many from the UK would consider it as their home park, unless they’d go for Alton Towers. Hong Kong was a UK colony/territory. Shanghai, though... you got me there.
Disney Dreams/Disney Illuminations= English/French
Disney in the Stars= English/Cantonese (Chinese)
Once Upon a Time= English/Japanese
Ignite the Dream= English/Mandarin (Chinese)

So the Magic Kingdom Mexico fireworks would be English/Spanish. Plus excluding Once Upon a Time the three parks uses a film from their country Paris used Beauty & Beast, Ratatouille, Hunchback of Norte Dame. Both Hong Kong & Shanghai uses Mulan. So Mexico would use the three caballeros, Zorro or most likely Coco in the fireworks.

mharrington

Disney Dreams/Disney Illuminations= English/French
Disney in the Stars= English/Cantonese (Chinese)
Once Upon a Time= English/Japanese
Ignite the Dream= English/Mandarin (Chinese)

So the Magic Kingdom Mexico fireworks would be English/Spanish. Plus excluding Once Upon a Time the three parks uses a film from their country Paris used Beauty & Beast, Ratatouille, Hunchback of Norte Dame. Both Hong Kong & Shanghai uses Mulan. So Mexico would use the three caballeros, Zorro or most likely Coco in the fireworks.

Actually, "Zorro" is set in California. Spanish California, granted, but California nonetheless.

discoveryboy_97

Original Poster
Disneyland Park:

This park is composed by seven lands

Mainstreet USA: inspired by the original concepts of disneyland paris. A 20's typical american town full of jazz and cars. Instead of the typical horse drawn cars there would be great gatsby and cruella de vil style cars. Here you will find all the basics like the city hall, the town theater, the emporium, the Disneyland railroad, etc.

Fantasyland: Beast's castle will be the main piece of the park inside of it you will find be our guest restaurant and a walk through attraction telling the story of beauty and the beast and in the end of it you will find belle and the beast ready to take a picture with you.

Fantasyland will have belle's village where you will find all the restaurants, shops and the princesses meet & greet. Alice in wonderland will have its own mini land with a maze, the dark ride from anaheim, the teacups and a small meet&greet section inspired by the tea party scene. Other basic attractions in the land like dumbo, Pinocchio's daring journey, King Arthur Carousel (with the sword in the stone right in front of it, its a small world, The many adventures of Winnie the pooh and the railroad Station.

A new cinderella mini land where you will find lady Tremaine house as a table service restaurant and a brand new trackless dark ride where you enter through the garden and then the fairy godmother appears and tells you that you need to go to the ball, then you get into the pumpkin that will be your vehicle and you start your journey into the castle, then at middle of the journey you get into the ball and after dancing with the prince the midnight bells sound and you have to start your journey back into lady Tremaine house.

2 thrill rides will be in this land the first one is a brand new one based on bald mountain where you will go on a adventure into the top on the mountain where you will be face to face with chernabog. The other one will be a Matterhorn style frozen themed ride.

Last edited:

discoveryboy_97

Original Poster
Adventureland:
This mayan inspired land is divided in 2 zones the first one is the indiana jones outpost where the retails and the restaurants are located here. The other half of adventureland will be an ancient mayan city that has been forgotten through time due to an old curse on the main temple that has been hidden until now that indiana jones has open the gates of the temple. This zone is composed by the unbuilt 3 in 1 indiana jones and the lost expedition attraction. Right in the middle of these 2 sections of Adventureland there's going to be the exploration area which is an mayan cenote where you will be able to walk through different bridges, explore the catacombs bush and pull different interactive objects like ropes and levers.

Attachments

• shawn-schmitt-temple.jpg
    shawn-schmitt-temple.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 36

discoveryboy_97

Original Poster
Tomorrowland
This Tomorrowland will be an idealized 60’s vision of the future, inspired by the space age architecture and the all white themed of the original Tomorrowland. The story behind this Tomorrowland is really simple. Humans have established a mining base on a giant asteroid where they have found giant crystals and rare aliens. Here space mountain mission 3 is the space port is this Tomorrowland, mission 3 is an upgraded version of the original ride with new projection technologies used for the stars, comets and planets that appears during the ride. The facade will be the same that we all know and love but it will be incrusted on giant metallic blue rock formations.

Another brand new attraction in this land is a radiator springs racers type but this one is based on the story of this land where you go on a exploration mission to find new minerals but there’s a little problem you get to faced different aliens through the mission, until one of them (the biggest and dangerous) appears and you have to run back to the base. The vehicles here are inspired by the moon rovers.

Other basics like the orbitron and buzz lightyear astro blasters will be part of Tomorrowland but in this case astro blasters will have a different story to fit in this land. Zurg is trying to steal the crystals of the asteroids and use it for his evil machine.

Attachments

• 817fdd87a9742190f160673bc7cc461cf0c1691e_m.jpg
    817fdd87a9742190f160673bc7cc461cf0c1691e_m.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 1118.jpg
    1118.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 48

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom