Disney World December 8 - 14, 2024

DisneyHoliday

Original Poster
The resorts seem to be fairly sold out from December 8 - 14, 2024. Were were not able to use the holiday sale for the dates we wanted. I booked a room at Pop Century at the regular price and now the resort seems to be totally booked.

I tried to look for a convention or something that would account for this. Or does Pop Century just fill up?

We went there in May 2023 and did not see too many people.

Eric Graham

Port Orleans is a pretty nice hotel as well, and has just been partially renovated in some of the hotel. Not sure if you would like to venture into a moderate as well. Riverside may be fun also with the aspect of taking a carriage ride as well! Happy travels!

DisneyHoliday

Original Poster
I would be curious to try Port Orleans sometime. I do have a reservation at Pop Century, but I just wondered why it was filled at the beginning of December. Is there a convention or something going on?

Thank you for replying!

Eric Graham

I would be curious to try Port Orleans sometime. I do have a reservation at Pop Century, but I just wondered why it was filled at the beginning of December. Is there a convention or something going on?

Thank you for replying!
Christmas is usually pretty busy. It's usually less busy during the first week or so. Then it picks up as the month progresses. They usually have it all decked out for Christmas at that time. So Beautiful!

nickys

Premium Member
The resorts seem to be fairly sold out from December 8 - 14, 2024. Were were not able to use the holiday sale for the dates we wanted. I booked a room at Pop Century at the regular price and now the resort seems to be totally booked.

I tried to look for a convention or something that would account for this. Or does Pop Century just fill up?

We went there in May 2023 and did not see too many people.
It is Pop Warner week, although that is being held at the Convention Center again this year.

However given how many people will be there, it’s quite possible that some families will have booked to stay at WDW for at least some of the time.

DisneyHoliday

Original Poster
Thank you for letting me know about Pop Warner week. It is from December 7 through 14. That might explain some of it. It looks like the parks will not be too bad this week.

Disney World is beautiful at Christmas time. We are looking forward to the trip!

Eric Graham

Thank you for letting me know about Pop Warner week. It is from December 7 through 14. That might explain some of it. It looks like the parks will not be too bad this week.

Disney World is beautiful at Christmas time. We are looking forward to the trip!
May be fun in the future if you can swing it sometime in your life to stay at the Wilderness Lodge during the holidays. Or, even just take the bus/whatever over there. The roaring fireplace is oh so beautiful and the Christmas decorations are exquisite during the holidays! Really gets you in the holiday spirit!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom