Disney World 10/26 thru 11/02

Sorry this is late coming but had lots to do when I got back.

Had a great time...weather was wonderful every day. 85º and sunny every day but one. It drizzled the day we were at Animal Kingdom but it wasn't enough to slow us down.

Here's my thoughts.

MAGIC KINGDOM:

Crowds were average except on Mickeys Not So Scarey Halloween Party...it was pretty busy that night. (Oct 28th)
Mickey's Philharmagic was a breath of fresh air. We did it twice both times with no waiting.
It was great to see Carrosel of Progress and Timekeeper open. Havn't been able to see these shows in years since their seasonal status. I sat in the back row of COP and filmed the show in it's entirety so close it now if ya want to Mr Eisner!! J/K :lookaroun

EPCOT:

Really enjoyed the Food and wine festival this year. Had some great Stroganoff at The Russion Kiosk. Also enjoyed the Cheese soup at Canada and the Beef ( I hope it was beef) at the Australian kiosk.
I saw one guy drink 8 cups of Beverly at Ice Station Cool and then he said he was gonna go ride Mission Space. I decided not to follow him.
I chickened out of riding Mission Space after reading all the warnings and seeing all the people laid out in the grassy area across from the ride. I'm going back next May...I'll try and work up the courage to ride it by then.

DISNEY/MGM STUDIOS

Lots of street shows...especially in front of the Giant Hat. Lots of Charactor meet and greets in all the parks. It's Great.
Tower of Terror had long lines because half of it was shut down for maintenance. We waited 45 minutes but it seemed to go fast.
RockNRollercoaster is still my favorite ride in this park.
Fantasmic was packed but its such a good show. Those aluminum benches kinda hurt your tushie though so next time I'm bringing a pillow or not going to go in so early to get a good seat. The Frozen Lemonade slushies they sell are great though while you're waiting. :slurp:

ANIMAL KINGDOM:

Great Park! I fall more in Love with this park the more I go. I really like the quiet trails and all the plants and birds.
The tigers were out and active in Asia...got some great pictures of them.
We ate at Flame Tree Barb-B-Que and found a nice quiet place nearby to sit and relax while we ate. I had Pulled a pork sammich but the Chicken looked pretty good too and so did the ribs. I might have to try them next trip.
Watched It's Tough To Be A Bug and enjoyed it as usual. It's a great show but I could do w/o that stink bug part. :(
My only complaint was The Kilamanjaro Safaris ride...What happened to all the African bus drivers/Tour guides? They really added a spark of realism to the Safaris. Now it just doesn't seem as realistic as it used to. Also: The safaris busses were too close together. That didn't help the effects either.
On the bright side, all the animals seemed to be out including Mr and Mrs Lion. We also got to see the new baby Elephant..what a cutie!

We stayed 8 nights at the Contemporary and when we checked in we were informed that we we being upgraded from a North wing room to an 7th Floor Tower Room. :sohappy: Thank you Shades of Green People.:animwink:
We left housekeeping a $5 tip every day and our housekeeper left cute Halloween decorations for us. She made a little ghost out of a washrag and also a Pumpkin out of a towel and a Toilet Paper roll.

It's these little details that keep us going back to The World!!

Well thats about it folks until next May when we go back.
TTFN!

:wave:

wl2002girl

LOVED THE STROGANOFF!!! I had some each time we stopped into Epcot. We also had MANY sangria flans - very yummy!!

MNSSHP was packed on 10/31 as well. But I was pleased to see EVERYONE was able to get treats (the last time we went - 2001 - I feel like they were only giving candy to kids).

ETA: We stayed at concierge in WL and did not get any washcloth/towel buddies and we were very disappointed. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom